If you had to choose between a C6 ZR1 or Gen 5 Viper

Which car would you choose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
This is a question I feel like many might have when on the fence about these two cars and which road to go. I know in about a year I will have to make a choice between the two and as of right now it's a day to day thing on how I feel. Every comparison I watch or review I feel like it comes down to the preference of the car as they are damn near identical in performance stock.

I wouldn't keep either car stock, so consider which aftermarket would yield a faster car without going into crazy land mod wise (over 15k in mods).

With the Viper aftermarket starting to come around I see some very strong running lightly modded vipers, the Vette is a pulley, intake, exhaust and tune away from unlocking another 150/150 roughly and that cost isn't terrible to get there.

So, the question is which one would you choose and why.

I made a poll with each car and an other option, if you have an other option please consider the cars in the price range of these two used.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I would suggest c7 z06. Just wait and see how that car will annihilate everything in its realm, once the small issues are all sorted out. Especially with the 8-speed auto.

ZR1 is super stout but it is now a little dated and the Gen 5 Viper's front end looks like a happy snake with down syndrome.

I would also consider a gen 4 Viper. Best looking viper to date. Virtually same motor as the 5 except for the forged rods, crazy performance potential at a much smaller price tag.

Last edited:

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
I would suggest c7 z06. Just wait and see how that car will annihilate everything in its realm, once the small issues are all sorted out. Especially with the 8-speed auto.

ZR1 is super stout but it is now a little dated and the Gen 5 Viper's fromt end looks like a happy snake with down syndrome.

I would also consider a gen 4 Viper. Best looking viper to date. Virtually same motor as the 5 except for the forged rods, crazy performance potential at a much smaller price tag.

I don't mind the GEN 4 at all, wasn't the biggest fan of the interior once I saw the GEN 5 in comparison but I heard that the similarities are very close with each cars minus the exterior looks. I also don't know how I feel about the C7 as far as looks go, i've always liked the design of the C6 and the ZR1 is just ascetically pleasing to the eye.

Last edited:

2001sleeper

Established Member
I think the ZR1 is the better car for a driver. But how hard would you drive it realistically.

However, when comes to spending that kind of coin you may want a car that stands out a little more. I know it is an ego thing, but being a not so rich person I would not want my Supercar confused with a regular corvette.

With that said I would get te viper as it looks really awesome, stands out of a crowd, and performs quite well. I would drive it on the streets more than the track anyways.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
I think the ZR1 is the better car for a driver. But how hard would you drive it realistically.

However, when comes to spending that kind of coin you may want a car that stands out a little more. I know it is an ego thing, but being a not so rich person I would not want my Supercar confused with a regular corvette.

With that said I would get te viper as it looks really awesome, stands out of a crowd, and performs quite well. I would drive it on the streets more than the track anyways.

This is the thing about the Viper that hands down wins over a Corvette, which is also a reason I keep coming back to the Viper.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
In the head2head comparison the Viper bested the ZR1 by half a hair. Both cars are equally matched, that being said i would take the Viper hands down.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Viper by a wide margin.

Resale value the ZR1 is a corvette and will always tank. There are some members here who bought their ZR1 for mid 60's. ZR1's at the highest option went for $120k+.
Yes, I know Vipers retailed for as much as $150k+, but Chrysler finally got smart and adjusted the price (even though some stealerships still want 120k+ for '13 models).

If Viper didn't exist, I would be in the market for a ZR1 within the next 2 years.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I'm sorta in the same boat. Sorta. I've got all the parts lined up to mod my GT500, including the gen 2 MGW. If it still shifts like ass, I'm taking everything off and selling the parts and the car. At that point, I will most likely buy a 09 or 10 ZR1. I think the ZR1 can be made ridiculously fast/quick with little coin vs. the Viper. And I've never been that big of a fan of the Vipers, they don't seem to age well.

KILRSVT

Established Member
I would do viper if money was no issue the zr1 is awesome without a doubt but the viper takes it for me in the looks department

Users who are viewing this thread