If you had to choose between a C6 ZR1 or Gen 5 Viper

Which car would you choose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

4601S/C

Established Member
Viper. Always wanted one, and the Gen 5 just makes me want one more.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Gen 5 Viper easily. Gen 4 id put more thought into it but in all likelihood would still end up with the same outcome.

GodStang

Established Member
Viper turns heads but Edit *** Viper V10s SOUND HORRIBLE at idle!!*** \Edit

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I guess I'll be the ugly duckling.

In the price range is the F type R Coupe (new), just a quick search shows they make 540 rwhp on pulley and tune. Obviously not enough to play with these cars performance wise but the sound it makes and the way it looks would be enough for me to go that direction. Just my opinion!

Blown 89

Established Member
ZR1. I'm not a Viper fan and it doesn't help that I know a few people who have them and they're gigantic pieces of junk quality wise. I don't have enough confidence in Dodge yet.

Agreed on the F-type R Coupe. I don't know anything about it other than it looks amazing.

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Viper turns heads but V10s SOUND HORRIBLE!!
Those are opinions. Ever heard an E60 M5 with straight exhaust? One of the best sounding cars ever!!!! I have heard some Vipers that sound like complete crap but other’s that leave you speechless. The Lambo Gallardo sounds like sex as well.

GodStang

Established Member
Those are opinions. Ever heard an E60 M5 with straight exhaust? One of the best sounding cars ever!!!! I have heard some Vipers that sound like complete crap but other’s that leave you speechless. The Lambo Gallardo sounds like sex as well.

Guess I should not say V10s but vipers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNTqDFWVIQw at idle it sounds bad. My good friend has a 1997 GTS and it also just a horrible sound at idle. But man they look great.

kaz109

Established Member
ZR1. I'm not a Viper fan and it doesn't help that I know a few people who have them and they're gigantic pieces of junk quality wise. I don't have enough confidence in Dodge yet.

Agreed on the F-type R Coupe. I don't know anything about it other than it looks amazing.

F type R coupe is a 11.8@124 car that looks much better then the other two choices inside and out. Much more special and for sure much more rare than the vette..the viper is close but i still see more vipers on the road then F type's. Its not a bang for buck car but it has something the other two don't...it is an all around car. Luxury car with some muscle and a soundtrack that is unmatched by either the vette or viper

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Guess I should not say V10s but vipers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNTqDFWVIQw at idle it sounds bad. My good friend has a 1997 GTS and it also just a horrible sound at idle. But man they look great.
I know, have heard a couple myself and thought it had such a crappy disappointing sound. But been surprised at others that sound like a whole different car.
I will say though most Vipers I heard that sounded great were Gen IV and some Gen 3. The olders, dont recall hearing one good one.

TorchMach

Established Member
A Viper for me..the ZR1 is just a Corvette for most people...a Viper is, well, a Viper.

I like rare car's, plus the Viper is lighter and sounds like a tractor lol

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Isn't the bad V10 sound mostly because they are divorced duals? They need an x or h pipe to sound right.

kaz109

Established Member
Isn't the bad V10 sound mostly because they are divorced duals? They need an x or h pipe to sound right.

They need to take notes from the S85 and Porshce CGT and cut some displacement. Listen to a CGT and E60 M5 then listen to a viper......its embarrassing

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
ZR1, easier for bolt on mods to make insane power.. 800rwhp is easily obtainable with a ZR1.. H/C/I/E port and pulley.. And destroy 95% of anything on the road.. Shit throw a 100shot on top of it? Game over.. Vipers are very expensive to mod so I hear.. The ZR1 is a great platform and you can still manage to do most of the work yourself if you know what you're doing.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
the Viper is badass. i think that's unanimous lol. they look sick and are unmistakeable for anything else.

but, id take the ZR1 myself. i think the Viper is just too raw for me. 95% of the time they would be street driven (for me) and id much prefer the civility of the ZR1 with its magneto suspension and corvette cabin. both would make killer track day cars with the edge probably going to the viper due to NA and wider meats but the ZR1 should be right there with it.

as for ZR1 vs C706, that's a little tougher. i prefer the looks of the C6 but the C7z has so many cool new features and that auto sounds tempting.

i love Vipers. i think theyre awesome and have mucho respecto for them but theyre just not for me.

i definitely see myself in a vette in the future though...:pepper:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member

No...It's due to the uneven firing order

They need to take notes from the S85 and Porshce CGT and cut some displacement. Listen to a CGT and E60 M5 then listen to a viper......its embarrassing

Displacement has nothing to do with it. Both those other two are indeed great powerplants, so not going to say anything bad about them. The one thing that the Viper engine has over those other two is when you start to mod. While still not cheap when compared to modding a mustang, the Viper V10 is way ahead of the other two in that department.

I'll trade some sound for that.

Users who are viewing this thread