If you think Terminators are losing value...

Chameleon

Established Member
Be glad you didn't buy a new GTO. The internet auto guide lists the MSRP of an 04 GTO at 31,795. Other sites list the MSRP at 33,495. I'm not sure if Pontiac lowered the MSRP but that is what I found.

Here's a post on ls1.com:

"3 - GTO's left at 25,855 ea in SoCal
I bought one at that price. If you are in the market for one and in SoCal this is a fantastic price. You have to use GMAC financing. I got 2.9% (60 mo.)
They had it in the paper again today 8/26 The dealer is in Moreno Valley, CA"

The link:
http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=526571

Even if you take the lower MSRP that means you can get a GTO for $5,940 below MSRP.

[sarcasm mode on]
Better hurry there are only three left at that particular dealer...:-D .
[sarcasm mode off]

Last edited:

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Originally posted by BANDIT HPT
04 GTO is gonna drop in price pretty soon. The new GTO will get the 6.0 LS2.
Yep...just watch. The same dealers selling their leftover '04 GTOs for give-away prices will probably tack $3K market adjustments onto their new '05s. :bash: Then they'll wonder why the '05s aren't selling either!!! :nonono: :kaboom:

Anyone who paid near sticker for any of these cars (GTO/Mach 1/Cobra/Marauder) probably isn't feeling too good about right now...but at least the Cobra is a lot faster. :-D

:bowdown:Rebates

-Greg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by BANDIT HPT
04 GTO is gonna drop in price pretty soon. The new GTO will get the 6.0 LS2.
Which is part of the reason the '04 has dropped so badly IMO. The new GTO gets a much better motor and a scooped hood option. Makes is look/perform more like a GTO should. LOL! I still don't like the GTO, even though it is a well made, great performing ('05 that is) muscle car.

IDAREU

Banned
I think the perfect car would be the body and motor of a terminator with the interior of the GTO.
Every time I sit in a Gto and really think about how cheap the Cobra interior is.

However the exterior of a GTO looks like a Cavalier and a Grand Am mated!

Jpjr

Established Member
cars are bad investments but no matter how far my terminator drops in value it will always look good and always be faster than 95% of cars on the road. i don't have to worry about a newer cobra until late '06 so i'm feeling pretty good about value. american sports cars you buy to love, not to profit from.

Orange Poison

Established Member
Originally posted by Jpjr
cars are bad investments but no matter how far my terminator drops in value it will always look good and always be faster than 95% of cars on the road. i don't have to worry about a newer cobra until late '06 so i'm feeling pretty good about value. american sports cars you buy to love, not to profit from.

Well said....:)

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
well said,

as far as markup, i heard there were dealers with 5k markups on the current gto's lol

spinscan

Established Member
I went into my local Ford dealer today to get a $9.95 oil change on my 93 Gt. While there I strolled over to the new car area and looked around. There were at least 8 04 Cobras and several Lightnings. There was not one other person looking at cars, it was really kind of sad.
I told one of the salesmen that I had an 03 and he tried to talk me into trading for 1 of the 04's plus $2k. I politely told him no.

chitowncobra

Established Member
I was told by the general manager at the dealership were i bought my car that the 2003/2004 COBRAS will retain there value pretty well. since no more cobras till 2006. and hardly if any COBRAS at any dearlerships in the tampa bay area.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Originally posted by idareu
I think the perfect car would be the body and motor of a terminator with the interior of the GTO.
Every time I sit in a Gto and really think about how cheap the Cobra interior is.

However the exterior of a GTO looks like a Cavalier and a Grand Am mated!

I agree that the GTO interior looks sweet, but I just saw a car this weekend that had some miles put on it... the leather looked horrible! As nice as everything looks, it doesn't seem to hold up any better than the old Pontiac interiors. :shrug:

MikeDoom

Dedicated Gamer
Established Member
I thought the shifter action in the GTO was kinda nice as well as the interior. Still, the only cars I have ever had were a 91 ranger, to a 99 v6 stang, to my 03 cobra. So my cobra interior seems like paradise after those :)
As far as cobra's losing their value, I paid 32k for mine in march of 03 and with the 6k miles it currently has I think the blue book is over 27k currently. That sounds pretty good to me....

AzDropTop

Established Member
Originally posted by pennywisegt
can pontiac ever come out with something that will really last????

Now that the firebird/trans am is gone, will they ever come out with anything that isn't butt ugly!!?

carstocks

Established Member
Originally posted by WDW MKR
I agree that the GTO interior looks sweet, but I just saw a car this weekend that had some miles put on it... the leather looked horrible! As nice as everything looks, it doesn't seem to hold up any better than the old Pontiac interiors. :shrug:

Please, I had a 99 T/A that I sold with 88,000 miles. You could not find a wear line in the leather. The interior "held up" much better then these cobra interiors!!! It helped that they used a real stiff leather, not soft like the Camaro SS or the Cobra

Users who are viewing this thread