If you were building a family project....

94venomV8

Established Member
Hey guys, my dad and I have been throwing around the idea of doing a project with him, myself and my son. Getting 3 generations on this build thought it would be fun. By no means is this going to get done even this year, its more of a work on it when we have time type thing. Here is some of the plans but I need your opinion on a key component. So the plan is, get a 03 cobra drive train (except rear will be built solid rear). Car will have coil overs front and back and be mini tubbed. It will most likely be a built motor with a bigger whipple of some sort on it as well and obviously all the supporting mods. Now comes the part I can decide on....THE CAR!

SO what do you think would be an awesome project car old or new with that drive train (excluding fox bodies) I was thinking either a muscle car of some kind. I dont care what it is, could be anything as long as its Ford. Anyway, we have some pretty good ideas but cant decide on a car. He wants to do an older fastback mustang, but I kinda want something "different". ANyway let me know what you think. Thanks.

ibleedblue65

Established Member
A 2 door first gen falcon would be cool and different. I love mustangs but they aren't exactly rare, cobra kit cars are everywhere as well. Close second would be a cougar.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
How about a '64 Lincoln Continental?
It's a heavy car, but I've always wanted one since seeing Goldfinger.
Not sure if the Cobra drivetrain could be used in the Lincoln, but it would be an awesome project car.

30473450002_large.jpg

94venomV8

Established Member
We actually discussed the kit car idea. I think it would be fun but then you run into the whole 2 seat thing and I just dont think it would be enjoyed as much not being able to take the family in it ya know. I actually will look into the falcon idea, I do like those, and as far as the Lincoln, definitely different but I think parts availability would make it a pretty hard build (on the body I mean). Im actually digging th falcon idea. One thing I would love to do would be a thunderbolt, but with those being almost extinct thats not happening lol.

94venomV8

Established Member
Just imagine that in Black, or sonic blue. My Dad really likes sonic blue, and so do I, so its actually a good possibility. Man I really like that car, Ive never liked that body style, but I think they make an amazing restomod. too bad I wont be able to find one lol

Last edited:

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Ford Galaxie (a bunch of different models to choose from)

I've seen some very tasteful renditions and I would love to have one myself.

ford-galaxie-500-2dr-01.jpg

ford-galaxie-ltd-06.jpg

ford-galaxie-country-sedan-wagon-03.jpg

ford-galaxie-500xl-sport-coupe-03.jpg

I don't think I've seen a 3 or 5 window coupe with a Mod motor in it (I've never really looked though) but I think that would be KILLER. With these hot rods there are endless options of what you can do to make it your own.
ford-3-window-06.jpg

ford-3-window-03.jpg

80205.1934.Ford.5-Window.Coupe.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

94venomV8

Established Member
Oh wow, you guys are making this harder than I thought! That blue galaxy at the top is tits!!! WOW. And I didnt even think about doing a hot rod of some sort. That silver one would be sweet but the real question is, would DOHC Cobra motor fit in it.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Oh wow, you guys are making this harder than I thought! That blue galaxy at the top is tits!!! WOW. And I didnt even think about doing a hot rod of some sort. That silver one would be sweet but the real question is, would DOHC Cobra motor fit in it.

If there's a will, there is a way. If people can fit a 427 big block in to a VW Bug, it can be done.

I do believe the term is "shoe horning"

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
How about a Ford LTD LX?
It would be one mean sleeper and I like the boxy lines.

32214050355_large.jpg

Didn't MM&FF do a story on a nasty turbo LTD Coupe a few months ago?

Another idea is a Dodge or Plymouth (I cannot remember) Lancer (50's or 60's) with a modern EVO Drivetrain. That would be a hell of a sleeper.

Last edited:

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
My Dad and I are working on an old '48 english ford anglia, it would be a cool car to have a cobra motor in.

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
I vote for early 60s falcon or a late 60s grand torino maybe even a cobra jet lol.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread