If you're going to the DFW cruise...

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
I think if I had been aggressive on the first pass I would have been able to use about 25 more RWHP that went away with the heat-soak timing retards. There's also still a couple tenths left in my 60 foot. I'd love to hit the 10's in the quarter before I change setups.

black01mustang

a new z06 will be mine
Established Member
foofinator said:
I think if I had been aggressive on the first pass I would have been able to use about 25 more RWHP that went away with the heat-soak timing retards. There's also still a couple tenths left in my 60 foot. I'd love to hit the 10's in the quarter before I change setups.

How much longer will it take your car to get heat soaked when you put the twin screw on?

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Hopefully not nearly as long.. I know Womack's car seems to keep going and going and going.

I'm pushing it at the end of a 1/4 mile pass, let alone three back to backs.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
foofinator said:
Was a good event, had a ton of fun.

Too bad Kennedale isn't a 1/4 mile, but my eigth was easily an 11 second pass. 7.4 at 96 heatsoaked with a 1.7X sixty.
Thats not bad!

I ran a 7.90 @ 97 with a 2.08 almost hitting the wall

and the last run I had was a 7.84 @ 95 off Torco and on street tires... 2.00 60 foot.

What were you launching at? My car won't leave that damn hard...:shrug:

black01mustang

a new z06 will be mine
Established Member
STROKD said:
Thats not bad!

I ran a 7.90 @ 97 with a 2.08 almost hitting the wall

and the last run I had was a 7.84 @ 95 off Torco and on street tires... 2.00 60 foot.

What were you launching at? My car won't leave that damn hard...:shrug:
I think he was also running et streets.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
foofinator said:
To do that your going to have to find some more rwhp or lose some weight.. You trapping 96mph in the 1/8th isn't going to cut it for 10's in the 1/4.. Put some full slicks on it and launch it around 6.5K rpms..

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Your car runs low 11's on DR's and 10's on the slicks and skinnies right?

Yes, ET Streets.. but 17"ers that I am the third owner of. I was still blowing them off in first.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
JKD said:
The last time Sheldon was at the track he made a couple of mid-high 8 passes with even a 9 in there somewhere.

Sheldon's car is NO WHERE near a 11 second car. With him driving it, I'll bet he can't go faster then a 13.0 and that's being generous.

What'd you run steve? Oh wait...its not tuned, no tires, what is it this time?

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
JKD said:
7'oh @ 106. What now smart guy?
:dw: really? Untuned your car runs the same times as my 86... congrats!

Guess it'll be time to line em up next time I'm in town...:eek:

JKD

Banned
STROKD said:
:dw: really? Untuned your car runs the same times as my 86... congrats!

Guess it'll be time to line em up next time I'm in town...:eek:

Then you either can't drive for shit or you're stirring the pot because the yuppies in Cali aren't keeping you entertained.

I went 10.80's in the my last car with less RWHP then I currently have now.

If you're going 7'0's in Strokd there is seriously something wrong. A 7.0 is only 10.90-11.00 in the 1/4. With 750rwhp you damn well better be in the in the 9's.

Plus, we have all seen the video's on Streetfire of you car beating cars that are very low 6's and high 5's. We all know Nasty C6 and Donnie are a little faster then 7.0's.

Plus not to mention I have ridden in your car and know for a fact how fast that car is - and it's definetly NOT a high 10 second car.

Stir the pot much?

JKD

Banned
A quote from a guy who knows more about racing then all of us.

turbostang said:
With 680 RWHP (through an automatic) full accessories, and safety stuff (hint) I've gone 6.0's MANY times.

The same car with about 400 rwhp went 7.0's with the 5 speed and 6.8's with the automatic.

Steve, I've seen a very similar car to yours go 6.70's with an automatic.

And that's with my current set up.

:-D

Last edited:

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
foofinator said:
Your car runs low 11's on DR's and 10's on the slicks and skinnies right?

Yes, ET Streets.. but 17"ers that I am the third owner of. I was still blowing them off in first.
I don't know what my car runs on the DR's since I never race with the DR's on.. I'm just saying your going to need some more power or less weight to get that mph up so it can run in the 10's.. Even if you get a low 1.5 60ft your still not going to be in the 10's with the mph that your trapping.. But good luck and prove me wrong if you can.. I have been racing at the track for a little while now and do know a few things..

Last edited:

JKD

Banned
dan03mach said:
I don't know what my car runs on the DR's since I never race with the DR's on.. I'm just saying your going to need some more power or less weight to get that mph up so it can run in the 10's.. Even if you get a low 1.5 60ft your still not going to be in the 10's with the mph that your trapping.. But good luck and prove me wrong if you can.. I have been racing at the track for a little while now and do know a few things..

Your car runs good Dan no doubt about it.

How about you and Foof run heads up in one month from now. :rockon:

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
No Dan, don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, I was just asking you because you seem to know alot about track setups and what not.

I thought Chris raced your car on DR's in Houston and ran an 11.4 at 125?

Hopefully I'll get the MPH I'm looking for, I have a couple things left I can try. I genuinely feel that your car and my car would be a good match in Mexico.

Users who are viewing this thread