If you're going to the DFW cruise...

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
foofinator said:
No Dan, don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, I was just asking you because you seem to know alot about track setups and what not.

I thought Chris raced your car on DR's in Houston and ran an 11.4 at 125?

Hopefully I'll get the MPH I'm looking for, I have a couple things left I can try. I genuinely feel that your car and my car would be a good match in Mexico.
Yeah, Chris ran my car but he didn't know how to drive it like it should have been driven.. He was only cutting 1.96 60fts.. I cut high 1.6's to low 1.7's on the same dr's.. If you need help running at the track I'll help you out. It isn't hard to set the car up to run right, you just can't be scared to break something.. I watched your launches and you really need to rev that car up alot more. Maybe 5 to 6k rpms and pull back on the clutch some till it loads the drivetrain and then let it fly...

Our cars might be a good match, but for now I'm not running it till most likely the end of the Summer.. I'm changing the set up and going to be putting a Procharger F1 on the car and taking the n20 off.. I like the N20 but I want the power there all the time, plus with the F1 the car will make a hell of alot more power and be safer doing it..

Last edited:

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
JKD said:
Your car runs good Dan no doubt about it.

How about you and Foof run heads up in one month from now. :rockon:
I'm about to take the motor apart and go though it. Something in the valve train or piston is making some tapping noise.. I don't know which one it is yet. I'm not sure if it is a piston because there isn't any oil bypassing the rings, it isn't smoking or spewing oil out of the pcv tube like it did when I lifted the ring land. So I really don't know what it is.. As high as I was reving that motor in 3rd gear it might have messed something up in the head. I was hitting over 7K rpms going though the trapps Sunday..

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Oh I definitely agree that I'm not running near what the car should. My best 60 foots were in the high 1.7's and I hit those when the car was horribly heatsoaked. That was my first time out to the track taking it seriously.

I launched harder each time, 3,500 the first time, 4,000 the second time and 4,500 the third time.. but ended up blowing tires from 4,500.

Do you think the 17" ET streets are a good enough tire? I still can pull the swaybar. And also how much do your skinnies benefit you?

Sorry to hear about your motor man, I know what that feels like.

Last edited:

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
foofinator said:
Oh I definitely agree that I'm not running near what the car should. My best 60 foots were in the high 1.7's and I hit those when the car was horribly heatsoaked. That was my first time out to the track taking it seriously.

I launched harder each time, 3,500 the first time, 4,000 the second time and 4,500 the third time.. but ended up blowing tires from 4,500.

Do you think the 17" ET streets are a good enough tire? I still can pull the swaybar. And also how much do your skinnies benefit you?

Sorry to hear about your motor man, I know what that feels like.
Taking the swaybar off will give you more weight transfer, I have gotting high 1.5 60fts N/A out of the 17 ET streets.. I had them at 14 psi and launch at around 5.5k rpms.. A 15" rim would work better with a 26x10x15 ET Drag on it.. They won't shock the rear end as hard since they have more tire flex so it will save some life in your rear and half shafts.. If you want to go to the track sometime and run on some full slicks I'll let you make a few passes with mine if I don't sell them first. I think you will need 3" wheel studs though..

The motor well thats just racing, shit is going to break and can break at anytime.. I'm not worried about it, it is just going to be a little while before I feel like even working on it.. Now that summer time is here it is hot out side and I really don't feel like pulling the motor and tearing it down.. Even though it didn't take me but about 4 hours to pulll the motor the last time I messed it up.. I just don't feel like doing it, the car can sit in the garage, doesn't bother me at all..

Last edited:

Mach1Marauder

Banned
dan03mach said:
I'm about to take the motor apart and go though it. Something in the valve train or piston is making some tapping noise.. I don't know which one it is yet. I'm not sure if it is a piston because there isn't any oil bypassing the rings, it isn't smoking or spewing oil out of the pcv tube like it did when I lifted the ring land. So I really don't know what it is.. As high as I was reving that motor in 3rd gear it might have messed something up in the head. I was hitting over 7K rpms going though the trapps Sunday..
So where in the hell is the oil going?
2 1/2 quarts is a lot of oil! You need to ask Chris or Travis if they added any or even checked at Houston. Did you notice anymore oil gone after you got home Sunday?

STOP FUGGIN DRY HOPPIN!!!:bash: :bash:

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Mach1Marauder said:
So where in the hell is the oil going?
2 1/2 quarts is a lot of oil! You need to ask Chris or Travis if they added any or even checked at Houston. Did you notice anymore oil gone after you got home Sunday?

STOP FUGGIN DRY HOPPIN!!!:bash: :bash:
Bill your guess is as good as mine, I have no clue to where it went.. It isn't bypassing any of the piston rings, or blowing out the pcv tube. I asked Chris to check the oil level, now if he did or not I don't know because I forgot to do it my self. No more oil was gone after I got home.

Mach1Marauder

Banned
dan03mach said:
Bill your guess is as good as mine, I have no clue to where it went.. It isn't bypassing any of the piston rings, or blowing out the pcv tube. I asked Chris to check the oil level, now if he did or not I don't know because I forgot to do it my self. No more oil was gone after I got home.
Nitrous CAN mask oil burning..............if ya don't look close enough at the plugs.
MAYBE ya just popped off a follower. :shrug:

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Mach1Marauder said:
Nitrous CAN mask oil burning..............if ya don't look close enough at the plugs.
MAYBE ya just popped off a follower. :shrug:
That is what travis is thinking too.. With me have those pistons ceramic coated, it would take a hell of alot of heat to lift the land.. I'm going to pull the valve cover off and look at it too see.. Like I said I was reving the shit out of the motor so maybe something did let go in the valve train..

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
foofinator said:
Stock valvesprings/heads/etc?
yup.. all stock.. And I think that is what the problem is... something in the head let go by spinning it too high..

Last edited:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
JKD said:
Then you either can't drive for shit or you're stirring the pot because the yuppies in Cali aren't keeping you entertained.

I went 10.80's in the my last car with less RWHP then I currently have now.

If you're going 7'0's in Strokd there is seriously something wrong. A 7.0 is only 10.90-11.00 in the 1/4. With 750rwhp you damn well better be in the in the 9's.

Plus, we have all seen the video's on Streetfire of you car beating cars that are very low 6's and high 5's. We all know Nasty C6 and Donnie are a little faster then 7.0's.

Plus not to mention I have ridden in your car and know for a fact how fast that car is - and it's definetly NOT a high 10 second car.

Stir the pot much?
No stirring, just fact... She ran a 7.0 @ 105 & 10.7 @ 139 last time out on the DRs... I know it should run 6.teens, but it hasn't yet, so I'm not claiming shit till it does...

Power doesn't mean anything when the car goes sideways everytime it comes up on boost.:nonono:

Mach1Marauder

Banned
STROKD said:
No stirring, just fact... She ran a 7.0 @ 105 & 10.7 @ 139 last time out on the DRs... I know it should run 6.teens, but it hasn't yet, so I'm not claiming shit till it does...

Power doesn't mean anything when the car goes sideways everytime it comes up on boost.:nonono:
If you'd stop being silly and put a damn cage in that car, it would track true!:bash:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Mach1Marauder said:
If you'd stop being silly and put a damn cage in that car, it would track true!:bash:
a cage might help, but running it on 17s with a stiff suspension makes the car change lanes... not because it is twisting...:lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread