Ignorant co-worker (about my cobra)

So we were having a chat and he asked me "Ever been to the tracks yet with your Cobra?" and I'm like "No, not until I beef up my IRS" and then he has a puzzled look on his face like uh ok. He then continues to say "You drive a Cobra, they are meant for drag racing" so I tell him "Ok tell me this, if I rev to about 5 grand and drop the clutch what will happen?" and he's like "You mean pop the clutch (with a look on his face like I don't know shit about my car)... uhh nothing will happen... maybe something will happen if you do it like 5-10 passes, but not on 1-2 passes" and so now I know he's some dumbf*ck because then I went on to tell him "Um, I can break my differential cover or halfshafts" and he continue to disagree with me thinking I'm an idiot about this thing. I ask him what's your best quarter mile time? "17 seconds flat boy!" LMAAAAAO! Then he continues to say "The Cobra is a low 13 second car, my friend has a book with all these statistics showing the 0-60 time and 1/4 mile time and the Cobra is a 13 second car" and I tell him "You sure it's my year? 2003?" Just a small rant, he's a total ricer. He then went on to say "I love how Civics sound at the tracks, they sound awesome when they shift perfect and it sounds like an automatic". What was even more funnier is he makes like 17 seconds is an accomplishment and fast. Then towards the end of the conversation I end up saying "Launching this car is hard with the IRS" and he's like "I don't know what you're talking about man, You are telling me bullshit, I've driven in Cobras and the launch isn't hard, you probably just aren't skilled enough, Let me drive the car down the quarter mile and watch me get 10 seconds" he then laughs jokingly, conversation ends.
Then as he passes by my car going home he goes "What h appened to your front grill? Someone jacked it?" and I say "No, that's how it comes like" and he says "It looks like shit, why don't you buy a grill to cover that big ass hole up?" :burn: :cuss:

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
A few people have mentioned the grille in the front to me too, asking if it came like that, that they don't like it, doesn't look right, etc. I dunno, I like it :shrug:

At any rate, don't talk to that idiot anymore. Just vector his ass when you are next to him :D

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
I get the front grill comment too. I dig it. I like the clean empty look without a lot of shit goin' on...

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
tell him unless he has something that can beat your 13sec cobra he needs to STFU!

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
I have a problem with your story........You won't race your cobra untill you "beef up the IRS". It's plenty strong, and oh yeah dropping the clutch at 5k is not a very good launch technique unless your running ET streets atleast. Take the damn thing to the track, its under warranty if it breaks they will fix it. Ran mine probably 30 1/4 runs with 100% stock IRS with a kenne bell making 600wrhp and never had an issue. Don't let people scare you these cars are a lot stronger then you think.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
good point....the stock IRS is pretty strong, as long as you stay away from wheel hop

Voice of Reason

Established Member
03ShadowCobra said:
I have a problem with your story........You won't race your cobra untill you "beef up the IRS". It's plenty strong, and oh yeah dropping the clutch at 5k is not a very good launch technique unless your running ET streets atleast. Take the damn thing to the track, its under warranty if it breaks they will fix it. Ran mine probably 30 1/4 runs with 100% stock IRS with a kenne bell making 600wrhp and never had an issue. Don't let people scare you these cars are a lot stronger then you think.

Thats kind of what I was thinking. On street tires or even DRs you wouldn't be launching at 5k, not unless you want to see a lot of spin and hop. Take it to the track and launch it easy, you'll be suprised at the results.

soonerjoe

Established Member
03ShadowCobra said:
QFT

The guy you were talking to sounds like an asshat!

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Sounds like CptnMouth needs a good ol' fashioned ass whoopin, not in a race either...

64comet

Established Member
Took mine to the track a few times with the stock rear, no problems. Know a guy that shit his rearend, but he downshifted to second doing sixty and dumped the clutch. So think you are safe as long as you aren't stupid.

03'Darin

Established Member
Just tell him the big opening in the grille is to eat the ricers and the two small pipes in the back are for shitting the dust out.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Just put a shiny new heat exchanger behind that opening and then it'll look really nice. Besides, if he looks at that and says it looks bad, just remind him of what he drives...a 17 sec civic!!!

Users who are viewing this thread