I'm a nervous wreck...

stangfan

When in doubt.. Floor it!
Established Member
This past Sunday, I promised my wife I'd leave the Cobra at home for her to go out to luch with her father this Wednesday.

We'll, here we are it's Wednesday and I drove her car into work. (It was a boring ride) We're approaching lunch time so I know she's probably out right now...

So far she's driven the car a couple hundred miles with me in it but, this is the first time my wife will have 'my new baby' out on her own.

I need some words of encouragement fellas... Can you help a fellow Mustang fantatic out?

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I hope she is a good driver. I tried to scare my wife the first time we went out in it and she loved the car. Now she wants to drive it also.
:bash:

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
That's okay,

my only concern would be that the rear view mirror is kinda small so when she is checking her makeup at 85mph on the highway she might have to loosen her safety belt in order to get close enough to get a good look...

and on the lighter side, if she does wreck it you can always drive her minivan while its getting fixed...

skstang

Established Member
Stangfan, I have the same car as you. I have tried to push my wife to learn how to drive a stick. She is very hesitant. I think after seeing your current position I will lay back on getting her to learn. I feel for ya. Is there stop lights in your town? She can call you from a cell phone at all of those. Good Luck and dont let it happen again. JK. Have faith

SVTyballz

Established Member
Originally posted by VintagePorscheG
on the lighter side, if she does wreck it you can always drive her minivan while its getting fixed...

O MAN!!!!!!! hahahahah That's cold. funny. but cold.

"So far she's driven the car a couple hundred miles with me in it but, this is the first time my wife will have 'my new baby' out on her own. "

Reminds me of how my ex-wife acted when she went back to work and left me home with our 6 month old son. Make sure you call her every 15 minutes or so to check on her (your car). hehehehe

gary

kino

Established Member
The only thing I can tell you is what I learned from a year of organic chemistry and that is alcohol is your friend.

j/k :rolling:

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
My wife tried to learn to drive a stick on my 89 5.0 Scared her to death. We'll have to see about her on this one. Problem is, her best friend can drive a stick and they want to take it for a spin. I have visions of Thelma and Louise. LOL:lol1:

edz

Retired.
Established Member
Lets see let my wife drive the Cobra, thats the same woman who said to me a couple of years ago,

"Oh by the way there are some lights on the dash, look sorta like a thermometer and oil can that have been coming on for about a week now, and the car smells funny, like something is burning."

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
That sound familiar mine was the light of a monkey f*ing a can has been on all week is that important. Her belief is if there is not a buzzer to annoy her it is not important.

stangfan

When in doubt.. Floor it!
Established Member
"Lead Larry"

Good point! I didn't think of it that way. She might like it so much that she'll want one of her own!

If all goes well today with her and the car, I might toss that idea up:)

BTW: Still haven't heard from her yet:(

I guess 'No news is good news':shrug:

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by edz
Lets see let my wife drive the Cobra, thats the same woman who said to me a couple of years ago,

"Oh by the way there are some lights on the dash, look sorta like a thermometer and oil can that have been coming on for about a week now, and the car smells funny, like something is burning."
AT least she didn't put a piece of tape over it so she wouldn't see it.

Mowgli

Established Member
Luckily my wife doesn't drive stick.

Oh wait, that doesn't help you does it? :shrug:

Sorry. :)

03'YellowCobra

Established Member
I remember last summer i was in washington and visiting a friend and i needed a car to go somewhere. Well my friends friend said "take my truck" So i go out and it looks like a nice truck, i'm driving along and see a piece of duct tape on the dash. At my next light i peel it back, it was the air-bag light. I got back and asked him why the tape was there and he said "well that light is really bright and it blinks, so i covered it up" Ohhh man that poor car,cant wait to see what happens when the check engine light goes on.

SmithAtlanta

Established Member
You gotta let her drive it sometimes..... I let the wife drive her whenever she wants. She just needs to know the rules.

1. Don't drive with the top down if there are any dark clouds outside. This is probably my biggest one....

2. Don't put the top up with windows up!!!!

3. Don't ever turn the traction control off(...or you can be like me and never mention it. what she doesn't know won't hurt)

4. Don't let someone else drive the car, period. This should be pretty obvious but sometimes wives will not do the obvious thing.

5. If it's raining, stay in the right lane and chill. Number 3 can help in this situation.

6. If she gets a ticket, she takes over the insurance bill.

I am sure everyone has their own rules but here are my basics.....

Tim, I think she will drive it link she stole it......:D

a94cobra

Established Member
I feel for ya. My wife came in one morning as she was leaving to go to work and says to me, still in bed, "You are gonna kill me!"

I knew that it couldn't be good. She drives a big crew cab F-250 and she had dented my rear quarter with her front bumber. I just went back to bed without saying a word. This was on my 94 cobra. She knew she was in big trouble when I didn't say anything.

Now, she is not allowed to park next to me. And I give her hell about that all the time. Nothing can make up for that sickening felling down low in the pit of your stomach. But you don't want to hear a downer like that.

I am sure she will take real good care of your car. What could possibly go wrong? Did you call her cell phone again? Can't hurt to check right?

Users who are viewing this thread