I'm a nervous wreck...

edz

Retired.
Established Member
Well gatorac there are probably more guys looking at your wife than the car. Nice lady. Thats a compliment.

Boy, some of you guys got a long memory on my low cost shift light mod.

Last edited:

wifeofstangfan

Established Member
She's back in the stable safe and sound with the guts of a BMW well behind her...

OK, fully knowing he was chewing his nails off worrying about whether I'd find first or fifth when downshiting from sixth, I was EXTREMELY cautious today.

I babied her, no dings, no scratches, no stalls (ok one itsy bitsy stall). Here is where it gets interesting. While getting on Atlanta's infamous I285 on my way to meet him, I had an a$$ in a BMW tailing me as if I was doing 20. The Beamer guy then stomps on it and I can see he is going to try to pass me in the merge area. Mr. Impatient couldn't wait the five additional seconds to we were in real lanes for a respectable pass. I couldn't help myself. I downshifted, accelerated (the wonderful sound of the blower kicked in) and before I knew it I was from 55 to 90 in nothing flat, then after he was several cars back, I lighted up, slowed down and ALLOWED him to pass me --- I think by then he was determined and doing over 100. I got back down to 60 and smiled and waved as he flew past thinking of my husband's reaction to a ticket on my first day solo may curb permission for further excursions.

I think y'all are right, I'm just going to have to get one of my own or make him get a coupe so he can stop complaining that I made him comprise power for the vert and I'll take the vert!

03DOHC

Established Member
Luckily for me my Old Lady can't push in the clutch on my '97 so I wont have to worry about her asking to drive the '03.:D

FX-Man

Driving the Uber Fairmont
Established Member
Hey stangfan, we got the same car also.:beer:
I've been trying to get my wife to learn how to drive a stick for years now and she refuses to learn, although she's been showing a little interest since I got the cobra. She wanted me to get something she could drive (meaning an automatic), told her I tried but wouldn'tcha know the option ain't available :( .

rotorhed

Established Member
same deal as Gatorac... the Cobra will be my wife's daily driver. She's trading her 01 GT in on it and I'm "helping' with the pay-off. I'll get to drive it when it needs gas.;-)

Users who are viewing this thread