I'M BACK! Suaveflooder's "Diamond in the Rough" Journal

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Congratulations on the TR 10th Anniversary. I'm a little biased towards them. :banana:

How many miles does it have on it? Good luck on the restoration.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Diamond in the rough indeed. You probably got it for a good price, and as mentioned above the work needed isn't major. It will be a fine Cobra when you're finished with it. :beer:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Congratulations on the TR 10th Anniversary. I'm a little biased towards them. :banana:

How many miles does it have on it? Good luck on the restoration.

Thanks! I'm excited! I've always loved the 10th's! It's a bonus that it's the same color as my original cobra! Milage is a touch over 68k

Congrats Brian. :burnout:

Thank you, sir! I might be bringing it to you for a couple things! Mostly fender rolling! I got a set of satin stock rims that I'm going to take up with me saturday and get it off the bullitts. I'd like to have the rears replaced with the 10.5's within the year and I'm going to need the fenders rolled :beer:

Diamond in the rough indeed. You probably got it for a good price, and as mentioned above the work needed isn't major. It will be a fine Cobra when you're finished with it. :beer:

Thanks CobraBob! I figured the title was fitting! I've already asked for your gaskets and an MGW for Christmas from the wife!

I got it for a great price! In all honesty though, the money I didn't spend will pretty much be spent getting it clean again. Good news is that all parts will be upgraded as I restore. It'll never be a show car, but it should be turning heads again here in a couple months.

Here is a picture of the car back in it's "glory days"

62b0fc86-25c6-f1a4.jpg

Last edited:

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
Normal wear and tear for 6 year old car. If everyone had immaculate detailing habits then we could expect more. Good car to turn around into a gem.

Sorry dude, thats not normal wear and tear. I have a 2003 Focus that I drive into the city everyday that has 122K on it and it doesnt look anything like that. Thats someone not taking care of a 10th.

lguizar12

Established Member
Congrats Brian! I'm glad you didn't get the comp orange....I wNt 10th Ann seats!!..so when are you going to start driving ?

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Congrats Brian! I'm glad you didn't get the comp orange....I wNt 10th Ann seats!!..so when are you going to start driving ?

Haha! I love the seats. I pick up the car Saturday. I won't really start driving it much until the M3 is sold. Next week will be getting the car sorted out a little, but when the M is gone, it'll be my DD

laruei

Established Member
Yea and how about this.. ill buy a polisher.. you use it on your ride.. make sure you dont burn through your own paint then you can do my car :)

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
welcome back. i loved the roush skirts on your old cobra. (i was the one who was gonna buy the black vinyl from u)

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
welcome back. i loved the roush skirts on your old cobra. (i was the one who was gonna buy the black vinyl from u)

HAHA! Yeah, I remember! They were such a pain! I had so many places I had to avoid because of how low the exhaust was. This car will pretty much stay looking stock

Jefe

Established Member
Congrats Brian! I knew you would be back sooner than later :) What clutch?

Its funny my San Diego Cobra had the same exact front bumper damage under the hood. Looks like the owner hit a parking block and it broke the mount. Is the tab near the tires holding in place or is that broken too? Weird paint chip on the hood.

How low do you want it? I need to send you some new pics of mine. I put Steeda Sports in the rear with no isos and cut another 2" off my cut stock springs so now about 3/4 coil cut. Looks amazing. Was able to tuck the exhaust a little bit too so I didnt lose any clearance

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Congrats Brian! I knew you would be back sooner than later :) What clutch?

Its funny my San Diego Cobra had the same exact front bumper damage under the hood. Looks like the owner hit a parking block and it broke the mount. Is the tab near the tires holding in place or is that broken too? Weird paint chip on the hood.

How low do you want it? I need to send you some new pics of mine. I put Steeda Sports in the rear with no isos and cut another 2" off my cut stock springs so now about 3/4 coil cut. Looks amazing. Was able to tuck the exhaust a little bit too so I didnt lose any clearance

Thanks Jeff! Bumper is just going to be tossed. It's pretty trashed.

The car currently has H&R sports on it. Going to swap them out for the race with no isos.....same set up as the old cobra.

I'm taking this car one thing at a time. I want to make sure it is done correctly. Sunday I will change out all the fluids, get her a proper bath and get to work on the paint. I've got about $2000 worth of parts I am ordering next week. That should be a good start for awhile. I'm guessing it will keep me busy for a couple weeks.

congrats, and best of luck with it :beer:
Thanks! I'm aching to get to work. I don't even get it until next saturday. It's going to be a long week

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread