I'm coming back

Ill_W1N

Established Member
I bought my car as a stripe delete car so I could add the gt350 style stripes and have it be the same size with the red as the stock stripes on the 13-14. People that add the second color to the already factory stripes it looks too big imo. Even a 1/2". Do the stripe delete and just add your own stripes how u want. Even the matte black with blue accent stripe would look killer on grey.

l vote for the 2 tone stripe like the gt350 like below but our size.

search

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I bought my car as a stripe delete car so I could add the gt350 style stripes and have it be the same size with the red as the stock stripes on the 13-14. People that add the second color to the already factory stripes it looks too big imo. Even a 1/2". Do the stripe delete and just add your own stripes how u want. Even the matte black with blue accent stripe would look killer on grey.

l vote for the 2 tone stripe like the gt350 like below but our size.

search
Good call, yeah it's definitely just as easy to add stripes. I wonder how much a new stripe kit from Ford cost.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
It's pretty expensive I believe. I got the dimensions off of another site since it's different sizes on all parts of the car and just had a graphics vinyl shop to the install. They had machines that could cut the sizes out and used 3m. With install and the vinyl it was only around $650 total with install. Just the kit alone from ford I think is around $500.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Try again.... The kit from Ford is sold for around $2,500.

Aftermarket vinyl stripes are much cheaper, but not even close to the same quality.

If you plan on keeping the car a long time, I would not do aftermarket vinyl.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
3m makes some of the best vinyl. Sorry but Fords vinyl is not "better" quality. Ask anyone who does it for a living.

paluka21

Established Member
Thanks for all the feed back guys, 99% sure I'm buying the silver 2014. I always told myself if I sold my 13 I would own a 14 next. The one thing thats defiantly going happen is i'm adding blue stripes. I want it to look just like this one.

33495572015_5dd4144650_z.jpg

Sonic blue stripes are awesome in direct sun light. They really pop and look great on subtle colors such as silver and white.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Sonic blue stripes are awesome in direct sun light. They really pop and look great on subtle colors such as silver and white.
I completely agree. I ger parts at 10% over cost so I'm sure I can get the stripes for a decent price. Next weekend can't come soon enough.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
3m makes some of the best vinyl. Sorry but Fords vinyl is not "better" quality. Ask anyone who does it for a living.

Sorry bud, that is exactly where I got that fact from. A professional vinyl installer. Although he sold 3M, he mentioned that nothing quite matched the quality of OEM stuff.

paluka21

Established Member
I completely agree. I ger parts at 10% over cost so I'm sure I can get the stripes for a decent price. Next weekend can't come soon enough.

You could always have the stripes painted on. Are you planning on converting your new car into a super snake clone as well? I know Cool Cobra had his stripes painted with small pin stripes on the outside which looked killer IMO.

fearthesnake

Established Member
Both look awesome. I have a glass roof on my 13 and by far the best option for me. Really love it.

Good luck on the new ride and lesson learned!!

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Sorry bud, that is exactly where I got that fact from. A professional vinyl installer. Although he sold 3M, he mentioned that nothing quite matched the quality of OEM stuff.

Lol funny because anywhere you look online has 3m as the one of the best vinyl on the market. Ford oem vinyl is no better than 3m. Quit making shit up about your professional vinyl installer friend. Only an idiot would pay $2,500 for the same vinyl quality you can get from 3m.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
You could always have the stripes painted on. Are you planning on converting your new car into a super snake clone as well? I know Cool Cobra had his stripes painted with small pin stripes on the outside which looked killer IMO.

I don't think I want to paint the stripes on. And I'm actually going to contact Shelby American as soon as I own the car and see about getting a real SuperSnake package done. I have always dreamed of owning a real deal SuperSnake

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol funny because anywhere you look online has 3m as the one of the best vinyl on the market. Ford oem vinyl is no better than 3m. Quit making shit up about your professional vinyl installer friend. Only an idiot would pay $2,500 for the same vinyl quality you can get from 3m.

I see reading comp owns you.

Keep on making a fool out of yourself... lol

paluka21

Established Member
I don't think I want to paint the stripes on. And I'm actually going to contact Shelby American as soon as I own the car and see about getting a real SuperSnake package done. I have always dreamed of owning a real deal SuperSnake

That would be awesome. Wonder if they could change out the oil pump and cam gears for while they were doing the cams?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
That would be awesome. Wonder if they could change out the oil pump and cam gears for while they were doing the cams?
They only do the cams when you order the holeshot package. The regular SuperSnake just comes with the 3.6 KB

Ill_W1N

Established Member
I see reading comp owns you.

Keep on making a fool out of yourself... lol
Im the fool....lol I'll tell you what, provide a link from anywhere on the internet on any other forum or car wrapping website or anything of the sort stating ford oem vinyl is better than 3m... ill wait...

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Im the fool....lol I'll tell you what, provide a link from anywhere on the internet on any other forum or car wrapping website or anything of the sort stating ford oem vinyl is better than 3m... ill wait...

I'll start working on that as soon as I start caring...

Get comfy, you'll wait...

Users who are viewing this thread