I'm gonna R.A.N.T.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
That's right....I'm going to rant and at the end of this maybe change the ****in world (probably not)

Whatever or wherever it started, I could NOT care less. But what is up with the generation of for sale ad responses,

"PM me your lowest price shipped"

"Email me your lowest price shipped"

I see it everywhere nowadays....is this really the new standard for selling cars/car parts?

Now I know, a lot of folks are scratching their heads and not comprehending what they are reading. So here is an example......

1). The old fashioned way, you PM, email, text, call the seller and make an offer on the product he/she is selling.

2). You, buyer, wait for a response. (While waiting think up of some lame excuse to tell your wife why you need this particular car part)

3). Seller responds to offer via the aforementioned means; maybe via smoke signals in some cases or Morse code. Step 3 is where seller accepts buyers offer or COUNTERS buyers offer.

4). Accept counter offer by seller and pay or stand by and defend your current offer and wait for seller to come down on price.

If you are the seller and enabling such debauchery in America by just emailing or PMing your lowest price to the buyer.....SHAME ON YOU!

~~~~~ That is all. Thank You

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i get that every now and then on my products lol. i wonder if the same people walk into a store and ask them what their lowest price is. or even when they call AM or Lethal. is that your best price??

lastcall190

Established Member
i get that every now and then on my products lol. i wonder if the same people walk into a store and ask them what their lowest price is. or even when they call AM or Lethal. is that your best price??

Just watched Borat yesterday and this reminds of that scene where he inquires about the hotel room, guy says 120 or so, and Borat says, call it 80. No, call it 120.

OP, yes it is annoying. I don't mind the occasional lowball, in fact whenever I sell, almost the first question is, what's your lowest price? I just reply back, what were you offering, and go from there. If they can't or don't want to say their number, well, I don't know what I expected.

Coosawjack

Established Member
I just went back and forth with an ASSHAT who wanted a $250 (shipped) part I was selling $100 off the $350 I paid less than a year ago....he asks about the discount if he picks it up.....I reply $225!! NOTHING.....NOTHING.....NOTHING......so I email and he says he was thinkin' $175.......my reply......GOODBYE LOSER!!:mad:
I'll take it to the damn dump....but whatcha really expect from Craig' List??:confused:

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Its the younger generation in the keyboard world. People are starting to lack communications skills in a face to face setting. Its all about hurry up and give it to me for free or very little. It may as well be called the "where's my free shit " generation. It will change. They have to get jobs now

Branhammer

Established Member
I can't stand that shit. At least make me an offer, as in, an actual number and we'll go from there. Even if it's a low-ball offer at least it's a starting point to negotiate. What I absolutely can not ****ing stand is when the first text I get is "Hey interested in your 'derp.' What's the lowest you'll take for it?" The best response you'll get from me, if I'm having an exceptionally good day, is "make me and offer and we'll go from there." You wouldn't like my response on a mediocre/bad day.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
I gotta say, the pm me your best price guy does piss me off.. but the guy I hate even more is the last minute flake out guy.. I really hate that guy.

I couldn't agree with this more... If you are going to flake/no show just be a decent human being and give me a call...

Users who are viewing this thread