I'm Hurt! Is it all about the "New Car"?

03snake03

Established Member
You know I've noticed a huge drop in the active member in the Terminator forum and a huge increase in the 07 Cobra Forum. I know the new pics are out since yesterday and everyone is curious but I get this feeling that alot of people are ready to jump ship and want a new 07 cobra. Is it because of the increased power or do you just like the new look or is it just because it's the lastest thing out? I for one still like the look of my 03 Cobra and would not even trade even for the new cobra. Now maybe I'll eat my words in a year or so but as of today I still like my 03 better. Anyone else feel the same way?

:cryying: :cryying: :cryying:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I love my 03 as well, but it's looking like the 07 will be a superior automobile and it'll sure be a lot easier for big people to drive!!! Ever seen Rick Erdman try to fit into a Terminator???

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
i'm with you 03snake03, way too much sentimental value in my snake. i plan on holding onto it forever it is my first love!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
To be honest I'm not too excited about the '07. I still think the Terminator is a better car overall. My opinion could change after I see the finished product. :)

magstang1

C'mon say it man RAMROD!
Established Member
I'm starting to get the feeling we are about to know how the older cobra guys felt when the 03's come out. I paid sticker on my 03 vert, and there is no way financially I could turn it aroung for an 06/7. Besides that I'm 22 and wasn't around when the 60's mustangs and shelby were the baddest thing coming out of ford. I got into mustangs with a fox, 88 lx. Those and the sn95's were all the rage for me as a kid. Personally the new body is cool, but it's not targeted for my age group. They want the baby boomers looking at retirement. To me, it looks like Ford hit their mark. Don't get me wrong, the new cobra will be a hot car and I'm sure it will be a big boy on the street. Hopefully by the time those hit the street I won't have to worry about the hp that thing is supposed to have. One thing is for sure, if you guys think we have problems with voided warranties just wait. I got a feeling Ford will not tolerate modding on that beast.

Hissss5

Oni 1
Established Member
I kind of like the 07 cobra and kind of don't.The power increase is nice,but that body style :shrug:............ is ok.I think I'll stick to my paid off 03 vert. :bowdown:and if I want more power there's always a $hit load of mod's I can do. :coolman:

03SvtSonicCobra

I got the Sonic Blues.
Established Member
magstang1 said:
I'm starting to get the feeling we are about to know how the older cobra guys felt when the 03's come out. I paid sticker on my 03 vert, and there is no way financially I could turn it aroung for an 06/7. Besides that I'm 22 and wasn't around when the 60's mustangs and shelby were the baddest thing coming out of ford. I got into mustangs with a fox, 88 lx. Those and the sn95's were all the rage for me as a kid. Personally the new body is cool, but it's not targeted for my age group. They want the baby boomers looking at retirement. To me, it looks like Ford hit their mark. Don't get me wrong, the new cobra will be a hot car and I'm sure it will be a big boy on the street. Hopefully by the time those hit the street I won't have to worry about the hp that thing is supposed to have. One thing is for sure, if you guys think we have problems with voided warranties just wait. I got a feeling Ford will not tolerate modding on that beast.
You took the words out of my mouth. I think Ford aimed this car for all the baby boomers, what about our generation? I like the 05's but they still did not grow on me like my Cobra did, I plan on keeping my Cobra for as long as i am around. I know our Cobras are not going to be top dog forever but i am going to enjoy it until the summer of 06 when the new Cobra comes out so until then 03/04 Cobra fastest production Mustang ever. :rockon:

PDubs

Established Member
Much like the regular's rear, I can't get over how bad the ass looks on the new style stangs. Front, sides look great. But that ass... ugh.

-|.02|-

Grey03

Established Member
I love the look of the new car, my first car was a 66 mustang and I grew up around late 60's early 70's mustangs. (My best friends dad restored mustangs for a living.) I am 34 and have owned six different mustangs. My 03 is the best by far as performance goes. Now will I trade/sell the 03 to get an 07, not sure yet I will have to wait and see. My car will be paid off by time they come out and I think myself and many other 03/04 owners will take a loooooong look at an 07. It is the nature of the beast of loving performance cars.

NOGM4ME

Wasted Rock Ranger
Established Member
I loved the SN95 body style when it came out and absolutely hated the new edge car. I thought they ruined it! It's now my favorite body style :shrug: Funny how tastes change. :D I owned a 69 Boss 302 when my wife and I got married 25 years ago and sold a 93 5.0 LX to buy the 03 Cobra. Been a few in between. I like them all :thumbsup:

CompOrange04

Just livin the dream...
Established Member
I think there has never been a better looking mustang than our 99-04's with a set of 18's lowered 1" or so and with the side exhaust!!! I am partial to the Roush cars since I owned one, but honestly they're the best looking mustangs ever IMO (let the flaming begin hahahahahaha)

WraithCobra

Don't want a GT500
Established Member
Back in '03 I really wanted a Roush Stage 3, or I was going to wait for the next Cobra rumored in '05. The warranty on my '00 GT had also expired so I was going to supercharge it or step up to a Mach since the Roush was a bit over my budget at the time. I was looking around the dealer and decided if I was going to trade in the GT I might as well get the current Cobra, I've always wanted a supercharged Mustang. So when (if) I can get the new Cobra for sticker or less (and under $40K) I'll probably get one even though I would have preferred an IRS and no $helby name. Hopefully the stripes are optional since they'll most likely be vinyl and look like crap in a few years. My '00 GT was a Spring Feature and the edges of the stripes on the hood was starting to lift.

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
Everyone is just curious to see what SVT has been up too. I am glad they made a great car to keep the modern Cobra tradition going. As for myself I am hooked on the Terminators.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
IronTerp said:
I love my 03 as well, but it's looking like the 07 will be a superior automobile and it'll sure be a lot easier for big people to drive!!! Ever seen Rick Erdman try to fit into a Terminator???

You should see him setting in a WS6 convertable! Hissman knows what Im talking about. :lol:

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
I love my 03 and as we all know they are awesome cars. I had a 01 cobra and sold that to purchase my 03. Lets see what the real production GT-500 will look like, things do change when production begins. I do think the new car is very nice and Ford will sell all they can build. Shelby and GT- 500 are magic names in the car bis.That said I will keep my 03 Terminator!!!!!!!

sonic cobra

Established Member
I am one of those baby boomers and I had a new '65 mustang vert that I loved.I never felt the need to buy another one until I saw the 03 Cobra.It just pushed all my buttons and from the moment I saw it I had to have one.The 05 Mustang/07 Cobra doesn't come close to that feeling. There's just something about the Terminator that grabs me still after 2 great years.I still look at it and say to myself "Damn that car looks good!

Users who are viewing this thread