I'm In A Pickle - Rental Property Related

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
It's eviction court, not civil court. They are two completely different systems. The judge doesn't always have to follow the law exact believe it or not. Most of the time a judge in eviciton court, at least here in Arizona, is "Justice of the Peace" not "Judge". I know because I was just in a legal battle with my ex landlord for 7 months. I kept bringing proof that he was illegally renting and he had no right to any rent. The judge overlooked it and decided it was dismissed because he owed me for a semi damaged couch...NOT because it was illegal.

But...the OP isn't in Arizona. SO what does any of this have to do with the price of tea in China?

cobralvr01

Established Member
But...the OP isn't in Arizona. SO what does any of this have to do with the price of tea in China?

Hence why I said follow all California laws. I was giving an example he may have to consider. It still stands that eviction court does not equal civil court.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Hence why I said follow all California laws. I was giving an example he may have to consider. It still stands that eviction court does not equal civil court.

the judge still has to follow the LAW ... you do know what that is right? the LAW is what is adjudicated in courts, it is what they are there for ... he doesn't get to pick and choose which ones he will uphold and which ones he won't ...

cobralvr01

Established Member
I agree they should. I'm just saying what I went through. My ex-landlord had an illegal unit with many building violation codes. After he was reported no code enforcers came out, he wasn't fined anything and the judge certainly didn't care about it. Hopefully California's eviction system, for OP's sake is more evolved than Arizona's in case he has to make a really tough decision to let her go.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread