Imagine a Hellcat that can corner, a GT350 with 124 more horsepower, and an M4 with great steering.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Hmm... From the Motor Trend article linked above:

... Next up was the ZL1 with a manual. That stick-shift ran a blistering quick 1:26.16...

Next up was the ZL1 with the automatic transmission. Randy only managed a time of 1:26.48. ... The 10-speed should be quicker than the six-speed, but it just wasn’t happening. ...

C0bra99

Established Member
To all you auto guys just admit it... It's hard to drive a stick in bunny slippers and rowing the gears increases the chance of breaking a nail. Priorities right?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Personally, I don't care if an auto is faster. I have more enjoyment driving stick shift and I HATE driving automatic whenever I have to.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I honestly enjoy them both. The toy is manual while the daily driver is an automatic.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
To all you auto guys just admit it... It's hard to drive a stick in bunny slippers and rowing the gears increases the chance of breaking a nail. Priorities right?

So, what if I said it was my opinion that all stick car owners are too poor to buy the car with the better trans and you make up for having a little penis by trash talking people who can actually afford the car you really wanted? Would that be a nice or fair thing to say?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Hmm... From the Motor Trend article linked above:

You cannot compare what GM has done with the TR6060 vs what Ford has done. You can no lift shift a bone stock ZL1 or CTSV. You can grind the **** out of 2nd until you put a braided line, MGW2, replace the fluid, etc.......on a GT500. You can destroy the weakass mt82. Can I drive the shit out of my car on a road course. Yes, not a problem because I never was below 2nd on the course. Can I roll race the shit out of the bag of dicks Ford TR6060 yes, the problem is trying to run it hard at the dragstrip. I'll take a decent auto over any Ford manual trans at this point.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Ever tried raising your launch RPM at the track and slipping the clutch for a second gear start? It's all about figuring out how to handle your steed. Say what you will about the 1-2 grind, but Ford's rendition of the TR6060 can sure take a beating and keep coming back for more. I might be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure I've read of transmission failures on GM's side. I can't speak on or even care about the MT82 issues.

As far as winning [more] races in an automatic, well, real men know how to take a loss and then adjust their strategy. :p What's the saying? "You fight a war with the army you have, not the one you wish you had." If you watch "legitimate" street race videos of evenly matched autos versus manuals, you'll notice that the majority of the time when the manual car loses, it's because the driver can't shift for crap. If the nose is dipping between shifts, you're shifting too slowly. If you're short shifting gears, you're doing it wrong. If you're too scared to put your car in a low enough gear to start, you don't know what you're doing; i.e. starting a 40 roll in third gear.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
sure you can, jut need a WOT box for 150 bucks

and an MGW, clutch slave line, fluid change.... From the factory the TR6060 in a Ford is not an enjoyable driving experience. It takes money away from other mods just to get it to shift the way it's GM counterparts shift with the same transmission.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
and an MGW, clutch slave line, fluid change.... From the factory the TR6060 in a Ford is not an enjoyable driving experience. It takes money away from other mods just to get it to shift the way it's GM counterparts shift with the same transmission.

Maybe it's you. The only shift problem I've ever had with mine was the 1-2 shift at WOT near red line. I've never had a single problem with 2 thru 6 no matter how hard/fast I was shifting.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Yep! You beat me to it.

It comes free in the GM product. Also the shifter must be much better than the factory design as I don't see every CTSV having to replace it's shifter so it doesn't have the dreaded grind/block. The MT82 is a bag of shit, no one can deny. Having never driven a GT350 I cannot comment on it's transmission. If Ford produced a good manual from the factory I wouldn't have an argument, but nobody can deny what has been installed in GT500's and GT's is lacking in factory form.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Maybe it's you. The only shift problem I've ever had with mine was the 1-2 shift at WOT near red line. I've never had a single problem with 2 thru 6 no matter how hard/fast I was shifting.

That's been my only problem also. What is weird is my 09 GT500 didn't have this issue. My 04 Cobra required a shifter and an input shaft. I replaced the shifter in all my previous T5's, T3650's.

HandBanana

Established Member
Blinds spots for days still? I look forward to putting a hurting on these as they start popping up around town.

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member
I thought this post was about that unfortunate looking camaro?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
That's been my only problem also. What is weird is my 09 GT500 didn't have this issue. My 04 Cobra required a shifter and an input shaft. I replaced the shifter in all my previous T5's, T3650's.

I am MGWed, trans rebuilt 15k ago by ford, McLeod RXT, McLeod Braided steel line, Redline D4 added ( HUUUGGGEEW difference btw) and in early January installing my Wot Box.

I still look back when i walk away from my car and smile and giggle so, for me at least, all this effort is worth it. Gotta love what you drive.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I am MGWed, trans rebuilt 15k ago by ford, McLeod RXT, McLeod Braided steel line, Redline D4 added ( HUUUGGGEEW difference btw) and in early January installing my Wot Box.

I still look back when i walk away from my car and smile and giggle so, for me at least, all this effort is worth it. Gotta love what you drive.

Maybe that's my problem. I really don't like this car, but that's due to it's many flaws. I've ordered the BFR shifter brace, if it still shifts like shit it will be replaced by something else...with an automatic.

Users who are viewing this thread