In-Car Track Footage; My 6 spd 88mm 331 Coupe

1NA RUN

Established Member
Beautiful car and awesome set up. Although I personally think its way too much trouble to keep it 6spd. Probably around 800rwhp and running mid 10's? Also useless on the streets in the first 3 gears. Good luck and have fun thou!!

93_408_LX

Established Member
What rear gear Is in the car? Does it have good street manners
The car is excellent on the street, had it in 90* heat and it never went over 180*. The clutch is lighter than a stock mustang's! It has 4.10s in it currently which are too short for it, however they were in the rear end as I received it and it was a crunch to get it done for the track so I thought I'd try it out.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
That does sound sick. I think there is a lot to be had in that car still.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
First off, that cars looks like a ton of fun! It also sounds pretty amazing.

I think everyone is so used to running the best number or trying to achieve a goal based on what others have done or are doing that we lose touch in what is fun and what becomes disappointing if those high expectations aren't met. Clearly the car would run a faster time with an auto, maybe that's not the point as an auto would surely make for a safer and more consistent ride but we all know it wont be as scary/fun as that car looks to be in it's current state.:beer:

psfracer

924 hp all motor
Established Member
That is awesome mph for only 12# of boost. Yeah, since you have a manual trans, try some slicks or ET streets.

How many #s of boost do you eventually plan on running?

carguy19

Established Member
More RPM on launch. You have at least another .5 in it if you launch it harder.

You have a 2 step?? you should invest in one, it will build more boost off line and get your 60 foot way down.

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
Thanks guys! I have absolutely no interest in putting an auto in it. The goal is to go as fast as possible with the stick, period. The car has a ton left in it and I plan to wick it up as soon as I license, hopefully next weekend.

The car did not like any hard launches I threw at it with the drag radials, it spun everytime even leaving with minimal boost, I have heard a lot of people have trouble with the DRs on a stick. I'm considering putting the ET drags on it. Any input from any 5/6 speed DR guys?

Stick is always going to be way way harder with a radial. If you are going to run a radial, the Hoosiers are probably the way to go. That 8 second C6 Z06 did it on 17" hoosier DR's. Good deal on not putting an auto in it. That shit is a DIME A DOZEN

93_408_LX

Established Member
That is awesome mph for only 12# of boost. Yeah, since you have a manual trans, try some slicks or ET streets.

How many #s of boost do you eventually plan on running?
I have no problem throwing 20+ psi at this engine, right now it's on holidays at 12psi and it should be good for at least 20. However, I wont rush into it until I get the 60 foot down.

More RPM on launch. You have at least another .5 in it if you launch it harder.

You have a 2 step?? you should invest in one, it will build more boost off line and get your 60 foot way down.
Yes, I have the 2 step in the FAST which works very well, however, on the 2nd pass in the run, I'm leaving off the two step and it was my worst 60 foot. I tried multiple 2 step launches at various RPM that day, (not on the video), and every time it spun with a clutch dump even with building only a few psi of boost. The drag radials did not seem to take it.

Amazing car and sound. What bov are you running?
It's a standard tial 50mm, however the microphone for the go pro is mounted at the front of the car and thus it sounds a lot louder!

Stick is always going to be way way harder with a radial. If you are going to run a radial, the Hoosiers are probably the way to go. That 8 second C6 Z06 did it on 17" hoosier DR's. Good deal on not putting an auto in it. That shit is a DIME A DOZEN

Right now the plan is to put on some 29.5x10.5 stiff sidewall ET Drags and go back at it on saturday. From what I've gathered, I coudl spent a lot more time "Trying" to make the DRs work, or I could juts go for it and hit the drags and hope the tranny holds!

slowassgt

Established Member
Sick car I love that it's a stick it looks like a blast to drive. I would put a 3.27 gear in it and stiff sidewall slick

Biminifox

Established Member
Car is awesome and sounds great!!! But I'm trying to figure out how in the world you made it through the traps at 140+ with 4.10's and not revving it to the moon. Maybe I missed something but my fox with a TKO 600 and 3.55's goes through the traps at the mid 120's range at/around 6k rpm. Is your trans geared differently?

Users who are viewing this thread