In Car Video from open track day with my 03 Cobra

TTA89

Established Member
Went up to Canada to Mosport to play last Monday and Tuesday, a friend of mine setup his video camera in my car for a few laps. You don't get a sense of speed from the video but trust me, the majority of the track is over 90mph.

I put 270 miles on the car in 2 days up there. There were a few times I was daring enough to hold it out on the back straight and saw over 150mph then into turn 8 at over 100mph. Talk about fun! This is a very intimadating track, I saw 4 cars come off the track on flatbeds and they looked Totalled. Gotta be carefull!

I need to buy a video camera, this is really cool being able to watch and see how sloppy and slow I am in some areas. LOL

Its about 20 meg.. Enjoy!

http://media.putfile.com/Mosport-with-COM

Last edited:

Tobias

Established Member
Dude, That is awesome! I am a new cobra owner and I had no idea that these cars would handle that well. Very good stuff, thanks for sharing.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Nuice. What event was that at Mosport? They had quite a variety of cars.

You should come to the SVTOA Canadian Ontrack event at Shannonville. Nice track and a little closer to you

TTA89

Established Member
SVTkel said:
Nuice. What event was that at Mosport? They had quite a variety of cars.

You should come to the SVTOA Canadian Ontrack event at Shannonville. Nice track and a little closer to you

Its with COM, a local Massachusetts club. I had done the SVTOA event in Summit Point the last 2 years, its fun running with a all Mustangs but its also interesting to run with a whole range of cars.

Mods?

MM Coil Overs 375/550 with Cobra R rear shocks
MM Subs
MM K-Member Brace
MM Strut Tower Brace
MM CC Plates
MM Rack Bushings
MM Front Sway Bar Links
MM 14mm IRS Bolts
Stock IRS
Custom Rollbar with 6 point Harnesses
00R Brembo Front Brakes

3.1/4lb Stage 3 Steig Ported Blower
60s
Mafia
KB BAP
MJ's FPDM
21 Degrees/11.5:1 A/F
AFCO Heat Exchanger
LFP IC Tank

The biggest advantage is running good tires. :D

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
TTA89 said:
Its with COM, a local Massachusetts club. I had done the SVTOA event in Summit Point the last 2 years, its fun running with a all Mustangs but its also interesting to run with a whole range of cars.

Mods?

MM Coil Overs 375/550 with Cobra R rear shocks
MM Subs
MM K-Member Brace
MM Strut Tower Brace
MM CC Plates
MM Rack Bushings
MM Front Sway Bar Links
MM 14mm IRS Bolts
Stock IRS
Custom Rollbar with 6 point Harnesses
00R Brembo Front Brakes

3.1/4lb Stage 3 Steig Ported Blower
60s
Mafia
KB BAP
MJ's FPDM
21 Degrees/11.5:1 A/F
AFCO Heat Exchanger
LFP IC Tank

The biggest advantage is running good tires. :D

:thumbsup: about the tires comment.

Mad Max

Mod Crazy
Established Member
Sweet. I have a friend at work who has a older BMW that he races with also. I just recently found out about it. He wants me to go too, but not with the snake....
I have a 06 RSX s that I may take - it looks like a blast!!
Which is why I am afraid to go - I might get hooked!!!

SVT4ME

Established Member
Never did any roadracing before but everytime I see a vid like that I get the urgh. Just can't afford to wreck my car because of inexperience.

TTA89

Established Member
Most of the people that wreck there cars are really pushing it, you drive to your ability level and what you feel comfortable with.

When you start out you go through classroom instruction and you are assigned an instructor that rides in the car and talks you around the track and keeps you out of trouble.

WARNING - Once you do it its like being addicted to crack, you can't get enough. Its SOOO fun! :coolman:

ripnroar46

Established Member
TTA89 said:
Most of the people that wreck there cars are really pushing it, you drive to your ability level and what you feel comfortable with.

When you start out you go through classroom instruction and you are assigned an instructor that rides in the car and talks you around the track and keeps you out of trouble.

WARNING - Once you do it its like being addicted to crack, you can't get enough. Its SOOO fun! :coolman:

My parents keep telling me i'm addicted to this car like i'm addicted to crack, so thats pretty funny! I can't wait til this car is payed off i'm going to be running at the track a lot! Can't take the risk of having anything go wrong with it while i'm paying on it, and using it as a daily driver.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
TTA89 said:
Only way to get better is to keep doing it. :banana:

Here is another couple laps chasing down a Kenne Bell blown FFR Cobra.

http://media.putfile.com/Mosport2-chasing-an-FFR-Cobra

FREAKING AWESOME!!! :rockon:

I was beginning to wonder if they had taken the mirrors out of that FFR Cobra for weight savings...lol :rollseyes

Was he running a live axle set up??? It appeared he really didn't have much for you in the corners... looked kinda bouncy...

Your car is really representing the Terminators well!!! Nice driving too!!! I only saw one slip up(early appex)... and that looked like it was traffic induced... :shrug:

Hopefully more of our guys will see how gratifying this hobby is!!! :rockon:

That "TRACK PIPE" IS FREAKING ADDICTING FOR SURE!!! :poke: :rockon:

GREAT VIDS!!! Thanks for sharing them!!!
BTW... Were you on the Avons??? or what???

TTA89

Established Member
I'm not sure what the suspension set was, I walked by it the previous day and saw the blower under the hood. That was the only time I saw him on track all weekend. There was only about 40 cars, we didn't even have run groups. Track was just open all day, come and go as you want. :beer:

That track is tough, there are lots of things in the video I see to correct for next time. Not tracking out in 3, early turn in for 4, my line sucks through 5B, I can carry more speed in 8 and 9.

Bla Bla Bla :D

Yes that was on the Avons, I was going to switch back to V710s but got lazy. I'm going to Mont Tremblant in August and I'll have a lap timer by then. I'll swap tires around and see what the difference is, I know the 710s have more grip but for just out messing around the Avons are great! Still way better than any street tire and they wear like Iron, I wish I could buy another set.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread