• efi-solutions

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • lm-1

Votes: 127 36.8%

• Total voters

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
Innovate is releasing a standalone Gauge Kit (White Dial/Aluminum Bezel) ETA 3/25/05 and sells for $399. I was trying to decide on what wideband O2 system I want to get, Dynojet's Wideband Commander with analog dial gauge is $530, FJO Enterprises WideBandO2 with digital display is $494 or Innovate LM-1 with their new digital gauge will be $578.

Looks like Innovate has a good product to provide a digital gauge reading to mount on your pillar or on a stering mount.

What does everyone have to say about the new product Innovate is releasing?

BradN01

Yes, it's factory paint
Established Member
For any real tuning, you would use the datalogging features. On that, It will play back a digital readout. Even better, it will graph the a/f ratio within the time it recorded it. I've looked at all the kits and this one looks like the best value of the bunch. Check out www.widebandcommander.com and look at the tutorials for the software. I'm sold on it and just waiting till I have some extra change. Heat exchanger will be bought first though....

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
olchakla said:
BradN01 said:
Check at RWTD, $450 shipped for the Wideband Commander. Just a heads up.[/QUOT

I like the price, just don't like the analog dial gauge
omfg thats a really good price considering the actual wideband commander site sells them for $550.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
can you still pay a 100 bucks to james @ rwtd and get tunes if you have your own predator tuner? i can't find the link anymore... =(

MikeW

Established Member
Wings65288 said:
can you still pay a 100 bucks to james @ rwtd and get tunes if you have your own predator tuner? i can't find the link anymore... =(

http://www.diablosporttuning.com/

I think he went up to $125 but well worth it. I had a Predator from a different shop and had no problem loading a RWTD tune into it.... It was dead on.

O I also have the DJWBC and datalog MAF-V as well as RPM,TPS, A/F.. good stuff.
James Rocks :beer:

bender460

Established Member
The techedge kit is good can be had for under $500. I chose it in the kit form and was like $300. Many logging options. Probly not as user friendly as the other kits avalable but very flexable. I plan to log TPS, MAF, and boost. :beer:

MikeW

Established Member
Wings65288 said:
cool thanks for that 97toplesssnake, yea you were right it is $125

RTWD is great I was in a bind and needed a Predator and a Tune for my dad. I ordered the Predator Wed this week and got the Predator via UPS today. James had the custom tune done for it yesterday. Awesome Customer Service :beer:

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I guess teh bigger question is, would it be better to use the WBC o2 sensor and piggy back off of it to the cars PCM and to the WBC module? I am just trying to avoid pulling my Midpipe again to weld in an extra bung. I have cats, so I would need to do it in front of them. Or can this be safely done with the pipe on the car?

NY04snake

track rat
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
I have a question..Does this...http://www.southfloridapulleyhq.com/SFPH/cobra/ec_af_gauge_pigtail.htm let you piggyback onto the stock o2 sensor so that you don't have to create a new bung for the WBC or other A/F system?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but how I had it explained to me was the stock O2 sensor is like an on/off switch, just is A/F ratio in the magical 14.64 (+/- some amount) range that the computer is trying to adjust to, or is it less/greater. A wideband sensor tells you the exact A/F ratio, not just is it equal to 14.64 and if not, which way to adjust. You need an extra bung, placed in the proper place and angle, if you want the most accurate realtime A/F readings, because you will need your stock sensor(s) for eec control. Not sure what that piggyback would buy you except maybe wiring both stock O2's off of one bank's sensors so you could use a wideband in the other. I think a lot of guys have a muffler shop weld an extra bung in right on the car, I had mine added before I installed my headers, but I think this can be done on the car.

- 04_snake

bender460

Established Member
that connector is for the cheap guages. However some wideband setups have a narowband output to go to the ecu.

Mark@LFP

Banned
Wideband Commanders on Sale
WBCClamShell.jpg

Guaranteed Best Price. Give us a call 281-385-5339.

MTI LS1

HISSMAN said:
I guess teh bigger question is, would it be better to use the WBC o2 sensor and piggy back off of it to the cars PCM and to the WBC module? I am just trying to avoid pulling my Midpipe again to weld in an extra bung. I have cats, so I would need to do it in front of them. Or can this be safely done with the pipe on the car?

It can easily be done on the car. I had mine welded in on a lift. Pretty simple if you have someone that knows how to weld well.

Users who are viewing this thread