Votes: 2 0.6%
  • lm-1

Votes: 127 36.8%

• Total voters

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
BigZach said:
It can easily be done on the car. I had mine welded in on a lift. Pretty simple if you have someone that knows how to weld well.

How far back from the manifold does the extra bung get welded in? I know it's before the cats at 10 o'clock position

V8Mustang

Established Member
Cobra330 said:
How far back from the manifold does the extra bung get welded in? I know it's before the cats at 10 o'clock position

I welded mine in about 1 inch back, just a little higher up than the factory 02 bung.

Also, I removed the h-pipe b/c that was the only way I could drill a hole and weld the bung in the proper location. According to Innovate, you want the sensor between 9 and 3 (or 10 & 2, I don't remember exactly) b/c otherwise the o2 sensor will be exposed to too much moisture and it will get ruined quickly.

jpicc

Established Member
I have the LM-1. It takes a little getting use to, as far as the logworks software. But once I got through that I love it.

racer726

Established Member
Here's a big question... for any of the devices... although this one is the least expensive (under $300)...
zt-2-200.jpg

I wonder if I can use the "Simulated Narrowband Output to feed a stock ECU" to feed the narrowband AFR meter?

5775.jpg

And use the Serial data output for real time datalogging... for tuning.

Any idea if the narrow band output would provide stable voltage to drive the narrowband gauge? The stock narrowband sensors jump around way too much. Otherwise I need to go with this setup:

http://www.plxdevices.com/NB_WB_GaugeConv.htm

NW_WB_GaugeConv_Unit.jpg

racebronco2

Established Member
i have the western motorsports unit .... the display is led and is about 2"x1 1/2" .... i have it mounted below the headlight switch .... it can log a/f and rpm ... the o2 sensor does have the wires to hook it up to your ecu so there is no need to weld in another bung ... when i recieved it, it worked great ... after about 2 weeks it stopped working ... they sent me another module and i was able to send their's back in the same box ... did not have to wait for them to check out what was wrong with the module, i did have to check a few things like power to the module and check the connections .... good customer service ....

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
I just ordered my Dynojet Commander from www.lightningforceperformance.com and he certainly is selling it lower than anyone else I have seen. From reading the posts in this thread I decided to go with the analog dial gauge instead of the digital. I liked Innovate's digital gauge package and almost decided to order their's but ordered the Dynojet from LFP after seeing the special sale price.

www.lightningforceperformance.com can be contacted at 281-385-5339 or you can PM or email Mark@LFP.

I just installed his cooling upgrades, heat exhanger, supertank resorvoir, and his recently released race radiator. Quality products.

Last edited:

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
I want to order the LM-1 kit, but can one use an LED guage instead of the optional Analog?? Where would I be able to buy a separate LED gauge?? AAHHH

blk 04

Established Member
U1arunit said:
I have one from PLX Devices. I have the M-300 plug and play model. It was $300 shipped from one of their distributors and has the digital readout with the narrow band outputs as well so you can hook it into your datalogger. http://www.plxdevices.com/products.htm
I want to get this one also, Do you have any install pics and or tips that can help me, Thanks in Advance,Eddie

ricksterman

Established Member
Old poll back from the grave I guess!

I bought the PLX 300 and installed it in the dual gauge bezel (in the spot where the old defrost? button would go). But the big problem is that you need to data log, since you really can't watch the A/F, regardless of where or how big the gauge is. So I made a custom circuit, consisting of 6 different colored LED's that show stochastic (14.5-15.0 blue), and five others (white to red) for 10.5-13.0 (in 0.5 increments), they are mounted in the top rim of the bezel, and give me an immediate indication of where my A/F is all the time (especially at night, since they reflect right on the windshield like a heads-up display). I had a post of this on Modfords some time ago with pics (can't post pics here), I have the same user name there if you want to search for it. When I have a data logging system installed I will simply tie in the 5V analog signal for the A/F.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread