In search for more aero

racebronco2

Established Member
I was thinking if i did go with side exhaust then i could make a piece for the lower portion of the bumper and extend it lower so i can maintain the correct degrees for the defusser to work correctly.

I already removed the exhaust from the mufflers back and had turn-downs installed. Will try and see if i can lower the diffuser closer to 7 degrees and fab up another diffuser. I had the exhaust installed so i can put it back to stock.

racebronco2

Established Member
It's coming along nicely. Will post picture tomorrow. I was able to get 7 degrees out of it. Just need fab up some fins and mount them. It sure is easier when you don't have to mess with the exhaust.

racebronco2

Established Member
I've got Project Longboard to worry about. I'm interested in pictures of your set-up. Is it curved?

The rear part of it is curved to match the bumper cover. The underside of it has a very small curve but it does go to about the center of the rear wheels.

racebronco2

Established Member
I still need to recess the screws, finish the sides, add fences near the tires, fab up some fins and paint it of course. It does start from the rear axle and is mounted at about 8 degrees.

newestdiffusermediumvo1.jpg

racebronco2

Established Member
With the torsen the temps rarely get to 300* on the track, at least the last time i looked which was about a year ago. On the street it is usually 150* or so.

On another note relavant to this thread, i lost 20lbs removing the tailpipes but gained back less then 5lbs with the turn downs. I did gain a few hp.

racebronco2

Established Member
Here are a couple of pictures so far. I tried to make the metal line up with the black portion of the bumper.
paimteddiffuser002mediudi7.jpg

rearpictdiffusermediumli5.jpg

Last edited:

AnaheimE

I'm a Wizard!
Established Member
If possible block make the fins larger next to the tires to block off the pressure wash from the tires.

I'm headed home for a long weekend, so I'll have to try and get mine done.

racebronco2

Established Member
If possible block make the fins larger next to the tires to block off the pressure wash from the tires.

I'm headed home for a long weekend, so I'll have to try and get mine done.

I cut the panel so that i could put a larger fin next to the wheel just for that reason.This is also a good place to make the transition from the flat diffuser to the curved fender.I plan on trying to make it 1 inch lower. The distance from the last fin to the wheel is about 1 1/2 inches.

racebronco2

Established Member
I finally finished the diffuser. It is at 7 degrees with the end plates a little lower. I took these pictures before i painted it. I even made panels inside the wheel wells.
image056mediumto8.jpg

image054mediumha9.jpg

image053mediumuy0.jpg

image051mediumzp7.jpg

Will be fabbing a mount to the rear bumper for a tow hook. There will be a small hole in the diffuser for the tow hook to screw thru.

Next will be a front splitter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread