In the market for a new car (read: mustang) What to do....what to do....

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
So im looking for some feedback on what to do here. Im trying to decide if i should wait for the 2015+ mustang to come out or just shop around for a 13' Boss 302, Roush Stage 3 or supercharged 5.0.

I have had a mustang in the garage for 12 years now. Once the mach is gone it will be the first time in as many years that I have not owned one. Im already hating not having a badass v8 exhaust note to listen to while driving....... Part of me wants to wait and see if the new design does indeed drop weight and add a 500 hp 5.0, but im not sure I can wait that long. I do like the 13+ stangs and wouldnt mind picking one up that was making 600+ whp (I live at high altitude, being n/a is a real bitch here). The new platform does sound pretty nice and I could forgo FI right away if its gonna be good.

Should I just look for something now or wait for the new platform?

nocobrafornow

Established Member
it really depends on you as a person and how long you can wait. I myself hate buying the first run of anything and yes I have an 11 gt but they had been out almost a full year by then an I gave them time for the bugs to be worked out for the most part. but this will be a whole new animal, all new chassis, suspension, electronics, and I think the 5.0 will have direct injection. if it were me I would wait until it were out for a year at least to buy one of the new cars. so my choice would be to buy what you like best of what's available now. but this is my opinion

Kiohtee

Established Member
I'd wait just to see what Ford really has in store for the 2015 Mustang. If you want something V8-powered that bad, mint '96-98 Cobras and '99-04 GTs can be had for like $8k. Just something to tide you over until you're ready for the bigger purchase.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you really want a Boss, then find one now, since they surely won't be a Boss in the first year of the new Mustang. If you're up in the air about a Boss, then I would definitely wait for the '15 Mustang. It may be well worth waiting for. I would not jump the gun for a Roush or blown 5.0. JMO.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
ya im leaning towards waiting and just driving my truck for now in the mean time. Im really hoping for a 500 hp lighter beast in the new stang........To be honest I have liked everything I have seen so far.

Azrael

Úlfhéðnar
Established Member
I really just got bit by the bug to get a 2014 Shelby GT500, but I think I am going to wait until maybe spring before I jump into one. Mainly to check to see what the 2015 model line-up may offer.

Although, I hear this one SGM GT500 calling my name...

smitty2919

Established Member
I would wait as well. Like someone said find a Cobra/GT for under $10K to tinker with until the new ones get released.

Then wait for people to buy them and beat on them to find all the "kinks". THEN see if you want one lol

testorossa1989

Established Member
Thats a real tough pick. The BOSS will always be sweet but so is buying a new style mustang. I would say hold back until 2015 and pick then

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Find a nice low mile Boss. IMO the new car looks too much like a Focus or something in the front. It's not a life-long commitment, you can sell the Boss and move on to a 2015+ in a few years if that's what you decide.

saleensc281

Established Member
Do NOT waste your money on a roush

Depends on the year. 2010 Stage 3 Roush's are the best based on the fact the engine has a forged shortblock with the newer 2300 supercharger (same as the 2012 and newer models). The '10's come with all the standard and most if not all the extra options depending on the model.

Only 103 were made, so finding them can be a bit tricky. I bought mine for $38,000 with just under 8000 miles on it. Bone stock aside from LCA's and a few dress up mods. One owner car.

Granted the '12 and up Stage 3's have the new 5.0, but you are pushing the limit with 600rwhp and peace of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread