Inception

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
No, he and the asian guy were left in limbo and woke up on the airplane after the others had been kicked on the van. The Asian guy's kick was killing himself, but DiCaprio's character didn't have a known kick as far as definitively in the movie.

They were in limbo. Killing themselves or each other would not kick them up, it would only sink them deeper.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Wow, mayo it's cool you like to think when it comes to movies but perhaps you should learn to read. I said the movie "Avatar" wasn't an original movie at all. Inception WAS original, but that doesn't make the movie good.

INCEPTION wasn't original, its Matrix with a twist, its much better than Matrix, but the same general concept, imho :shrug: people laying around hooked to machines fighting in an alternate world :-D

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
saw it in iMax the othe rnight....awesome movie and was glad I could follow it. was told beforehand it was difficult to figure out. I got it....I think:rockon:

Mayo5

Established Member
INCEPTION wasn't original, its Matrix with a twist, its much better than Matrix, but the same general concept, imho :shrug: people laying around hooked to machines fighting in an alternate world :-D

It has nothing in relation to the Matrix except the blending of reality and an alternate world. It's been done since the 1920's in film.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
It has nothing in relation to the Matrix except the blending of reality and an alternate world. It's been done since the 1920's in film.

Concept is all I was saying,,.,.ie: Avatar=dances with wolves
Inception=matrix, the ideas are similar is all I was saying,

the idea is the relation I was talking about :shrug:

Last edited:

Stalker27

Established Member
I definitely want to see it but I'll wait for Netflix.
Suprisingly, Dicaprio has become one of my favorite actors - the last 3 movies I saw with him were awesome; Shutter Island, Body of Lies and Blood Diamond.

He was really good in The Departed too.

I'm going to see this movie this Sunday with the gf. We like to go 1st thing on Sun mornings when everyone is still in church :D

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I was dissapointed with this movie. I want whatever the director is smoking. It had pretty effects but that's about it. Too far fetched imo

Mayo5

Established Member
I was dissapointed with this movie. I want whatever the director is smoking. It had pretty effects but that's about it. Too far fetched imo

It blows my mind, people will complain about things being too complex.

Mayo5

Established Member
Which is exactly why Avatar is now the #1 movie of all time. It's pathetic.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeSUuj98Rx0"]YouTube- South Park - Michael Bay[/nomedia]

That explains it perfectly. God bless you South Park.

RaD28r

SVT FTW
Established Member
Haha, pretty funny southpark clip...

I guess it's differnt strokes for differnt folks, I wish there were more movies like this, where the ending is undefined and you actually had to process and think about the movie. I hate single/linear plot lines. :bored:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
At first I tought DeCap. was only a chic flic actor but like everyone's saying, he's actually a pretty good actor. Another of my fav's is Catch Me If You Can.

I agree. He has become one of the best actors in Hollywood and can plain many different roles.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
No, he and the asian guy were left in limbo and woke up on the airplane after the others had been kicked on the van. The Asian guy's kick was killing himself, but DiCaprio's character didn't have a known kick as far as definitively in the movie.

Concept is all I was saying,,.,.ie: Avatar=dances with wolves
Inception=matrix, the ideas are similar is all I was saying,

the idea is the relation I was talking about :shrug:

The Matrix is about a bunch of machines taking over the world and creating an alternate reality in humans' minds in order to harvest them for their energy. Other than the broad concept of alternate realities, I see no similarities at all. :shrug:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
The Matrix is about a bunch of machines taking over the world and creating an alternate reality in humans' minds in order to harvest them for their energy. Other than the broad concept of alternate realities, I see no similarities at all. :shrug:

ok :bored:

Mayo5

Established Member

Bingo. The only similarity is the reality vs alternate world. This idea has been done to death in movie history, let alone in books.

I can think of three movies that came out in the same year, that all had "similar" plot lines, in terms of reality vs other. They are The Matrix, The Thirteenth Floor, and Existenz. Dark City and and The City of Lost Children also came out within a few years of that as well, and even Total Recall from almost 10 years earlier. Paprika had a very similar story with dream implementation as Inception and it came out a few years ago.

Unless it's a blatant and lazy rip off( Aka Avatar), people shouldn't get too hung up on similar ideas as long as they are a new direction.

The reason I liked this movie alot is for the direction, cinematography, editing, and the acting. All of it was great, with the exception of Ellen Page. Poor casting for that part IMO. All of those factors are what truely makes a great movie.

If people got hung up on similar story lines, Hollywood wouldn't have lasted past the 30's/40's.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I have mad respect for him because he wears the flying WV... Go Mounties!

World Cup

leo_I100703120921.jpg

Shopping

leonardo-dicaprio-bar-refaeli-target.jpg

Laker's Championship Game

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Celebs-At-NBA-Finals-LA-vs.-Boston-Game-6_photo_medium.jpg

16kOrBust

Established Member
Eh, the buildup dragged out a little too much for my taste. Some good action scenes if you're into that, but the whole thing started to feel a bit like an exercise in clever/complex writing after a while, not to mention the predictability of the "cliff hanger/twist" ending. The basic concept was pretty cool, though. I'd give it a 7 out of 10, I think. I enjoyed some of it but found myself wishing I was elsewhere by about halfway through the mountainous snow fortress scene. If my friend wasn't there as a third wheel, I probably would have just started making out with my girlfriend by that point.

Last edited:

16kOrBust

Established Member
I'm sorry, but there is no was you could predict the ending would make the individual CHOOSE what the ending was.

No way.

It was the fact that they were going to imply that maybe the whole movie was just a dream he was still in and not real life. I'm sorry, but if you couldn't see that one coming about 20 minutes into the movie then you're an idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread