Indian Motorcycles, anyone experienced?

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Same old design, half the power of the competition and unwillingness to ask what people want
For a cruiser I would be happy with a nice sounding bike over a high hp one. But to get one that sounds worth a hoot you usually have to put up with the higher hp, which may not be bad seeing I am trying to throw a sidecar on mine.

nxhappy

Established Member
HUGE ass bikes. Personally I'd go with Yami or Kawi. But I'm biased lol.

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I love my Harley. New 107 Milwaukee eight has plenty of power and rides great. Very well balanced bike. I never considered anything else because to me, nothing comes close to the styling. Im what most people would consider young (30).

8A4E6136-6B59-41D0-8341-B4BD866B78E3.jpeg

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
^^^^Have you ridden an Indian? I found them to feel much lighter and better balanced than my Harley. Something to do with the position of the forks?

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
^^^^Have you ridden an Indian? I found them to feel much lighter and better balanced than my Harley. Something to do with the position of the forks?
Not yet. I dian said they can sidecar it for me. Now to negotiate prices.

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

I have not. What year is your Harley?
I never rode an Indian because I would never buy one, I do not like their styling. I was surprised how well balanced and light my brothers new 2018 Harley felt when I rode it. Power is great so, I went out and bought my new road glide. Always loved road glides.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Mine is a 14. I could not believe how light it was to upright from the stand. I myself have never been an Indian fan but I'll tell you, that one ride changed my mind. That Chieftain Limited is a good looking bike to me, and the ride was much better than the looks.

buffalosoldier

Established Member
How does Indian hold their value compared to HD?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

snakecharmer

Established Member
I test-rode an Indian Chieftain Limited at a dealership that had Indian's truck there for the weekend. I am searching for a cruiser to do some trips on when I retire in 18 months, as neither of the two in the signature will work for anything over 2-3 days. I have ridden the current gen Harley Street Glide, and my first impression of the Indian is I'd buy it hands down over the Harley. It felt lighter in low speed maneuvers and was very easy to control. The single gripe I had on the bike is that the turn signals are - like everybody else - wrong. Only Harley does them correctly. That's a small complaint and I can live with it.

I'm still going to look at one of the big BMWs and possibly the new GoldWing, but I doubt either of those will change my mind on the Indian. The biggest reservation I have on the Indian is the lack of a dealer network compared to Harley or Honda. If you breakdown in BFE, could be a quite a way to a dealer for help.

Users who are viewing this thread