Indian Motorcycles, anyone experienced?

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
That is one cool scooter.
Many years ago in Greenville SC, when Pete Hill's (fastest knucklehead on the planet) did some work on my 1985 FXR I heard a story in his shop about a guy who died fairly young. The widow needed money, and sold his '47 Knuckle for $150. Mind you, the MSRP on my 1985 FXRS at the time was only $8,500, but still...

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Have you seen the Indian Bobber? It is one I am eyeballin but my wife asked where would she sit, lol.
That Indian Bobber is a really good looking bike!
indian_scout_bobber_3002.jpg

I personally like the design over the Triumph Bobber, but I can understand why @svtfocus2cobra likes the Triumph. It's all about what personally appeals to the rider. They're both good looking bikes!
IMG_5882.jpg

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
That Indian Bobber is a really good looking bike!
View attachment 1498384

I personally like the design over the Triumph Bobber, but I can understand why @svtfocus2cobra likes the Triumph. It's all about what personally appeals to the rider. They're both good looking bikes!
View attachment 1498385
The Indians have a reduced reach handle bar option. Not ape hangers but set closer to us short armed mutants.

You can get it with the seat similar to the Triumph.

Last edited:

buffalosoldier

Established Member
In 55 years of riding I have owned a lot of motorcycles, mostly HDs and if I were going to start over I would take a ride on that 6 cylinder BMW. The K1600GT.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Seen that recently too. I am sure people will jump on those.

Looks great, but it had some one off RSD parts that wont be on the production bike. The power to weight ratio is right there with a 600 Supersport albeit with a ton of torque.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I currently own a Harley Limited and will tell you that the Indian feels lighter and pulls harder than the Harley. Having done a test drive on an Indian Chief I wish that I would have bought that instead of the Limited.
But please, before buying any motorcycle, think about how you will ride one. Will it be just short trips to the store or will you want to take long maybe over night trips. Will you ride mostly by yourself or will you want to take a passenger often. Let this guyed your purchase not just that you like the way it looks.
I love the way the Harley V-Rod looks but mine never gets ridden because others are more comfortable and practical for my style of riding.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I currently own a Harley Limited and will tell you that the Indian feels lighter and pulls harder than the Harley. Having done a test drive on an Indian Chief I wish that I would have bought that instead of the Limited.
But please, before buying any motorcycle, think about how you will ride one. Will it be just short trips to the store or will you want to take long maybe over night trips. Will you ride mostly by yourself or will you want to take a passenger often. Let this guyed your purchase not just that you like the way it looks.
I love the way the Harley V-Rod looks but mine never gets ridden because others are more comfortable and practical for my style of riding.
Yep, at 54 with two young kids, wife and boxer dog I plan to sunshine ride it and already talking to the dealership abouy sidecar installation.

Once the kids are all grown up me the wife and boxer will cruise around.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
What happened?
Pulled the stage 3 cams off website. Killing rods but some guys had tuners fix the problem. Other guys were told by dealership they hadnot heard of issues and kept installing stage 3s only for the riders to find out there was a manufacting weakness later on. Do a quick search about Indian stage 3 cams and you will get a clearer picture than I can present.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Pulled the stage 3 cams off website. Killing rods but some guys had tuners fix the problem. Other guys were told by dealership they hadnot heard of issues and kept installing stage 3s only for the riders to find out there was a manufacting weakness later on. Do a quick search about Indian stage 3 cams and you will get a clearer picture than I can present.

Oh damn

Users who are viewing this thread