Info from Whipple

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
Whipple Superchargers Signs Exclusive Agreement with Lysholm Technologies
For Immediate Release: 10/17/2000

Fresno, California – 12 years ago, Whipple Superchargers brought the screw-type supercharger to the North American market and has since, become the leaders in screw compressor technology. Since Art Whipple, the founder, developed the first bolt on system utilizing the screw compressor, Whipple Superchargers has been regarded as the leaders of supercharging GM engines with incredible technological advancements, unsurpassed performance, OEM quality, and OEM packaging, has now signed an exclusive agreement with Lysholm Technologies and Eaton Corporation to distribute twin-screw compressors of Lysholm design to the aftermarket industry. With this agreement, Whipple Superchargers has already begun development of “bolt-on” supercharger systems for popular Ford, GM, Chrysler, Honda, BMW, Mercedes and Mercury Marine engines with state-of-the-art computer technology to aid in computer programming. Eaton Corporation has an exclusive contract for Lysholm compressors for OEM levels while Whipple Superchargers will handle the aftermarket industry. Whipple no longer has any involvement or association in any way to the company Kenne Bell or Kenne Bell products.

The odd part is, they are now enforcing this exclusive arrangement even thought its been in effect since 2000? Now that does confuse me. But the guy I spoke to with Whipple also backed my statement. So now, I am totally confused. That means the person at Whipple I talked with didn't know a thing about his own company, and the press release is inaccurate also.

I'm lost. Someone just come out with a blower please. LOL :-D

EDITED: Ok, I looked at both press releases. So the exclusive arrangement preceeded the 11/2003 release of Opconab. Opconab shows up later, motions for another arrangement, submits the Letter of Intent, and wella.

Total Confusion.

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
30-40hp stronger than the kb? hmm. what about when kb comes out with the 2.4L blower. ? curious. ugh this never stops!

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
Originally posted by stangfreak
what about when kb comes out with the 2.4L blower?

Then you get a bigger oil catch can :thumbsup:

stangfreak

Established Member
:lol: well i hope they do fix that problem. cuz i ain't trying to hear that anymore. an oil catch can for a 3 grand blower:nonono:

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
I really wish KB would have fixed that issue for the owners of their blowers, costly for sure, but thats just not right.

co3bra

Established Member
All I know is that Whipple stepped up to the plate and the waiting is finally over......I commend dustin and his staff for giving us and alternative to what is currently available. looks like a road trip is in order.

hello sunshine state.

Reggie

Established Member
You guys waiting for the Whipple aren't missing out on anything. It is very similar to the KB.

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
Originally posted by co3bra
All I know is that Whipple stepped up to the plate and the waiting is finally over......I commend dustin and his staff for giving us and alternative to what is currently available. looks like a road trip is in order.

hello sunshine state.

don't count on that:nono:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This reminds me of the info SVT has given out over the past 5 months concerning the fix for the stall. It's been an absolute comedy. I continue to ask but don't really believe a thing I'm told. As far as the '06 Cobra goes, let's remember it is 2 years away yet, so I'm sure final engine mod decisions have not yet been made, despite what Dustin might be insinuating. What we ultimately will get will be very interesting to say the least, but it's still too early to know for sure. JMO.

mike69440

Established Member
Finally Progress

the good news is the 2.3 Whipple has plenty of capacity. and it is in the works, but not from Works.
Whipple will sell a basic kit and Razors edge will sell a tuned package

I spoke to Paul at Razors Edge. They have as picked up the ball with an agreement with Whipple to supply 2.3L units for the 03 Cobra. Razors Edges has option to be exclusive distributor of the 03 Whipple blower. I was told sometime in February 25 units will be offered for sale to the public. Tunes will be with the new Revolution chip and software or by the Predator.

Planned are low pressure kits with the blower and a chip, for mid boost Kits, with 55 LB injectors and BAP with chip or predator tunes, and for high boost, complete kits with fuel pumps, lines, rails, and injectors TB's MAF's , etc., will be offered.

Razor's Edge Motorsports
http://www.razorsedgemotorsports.com/

Users who are viewing this thread