****ing Irrate... VENT

16kOrBust

Established Member
If you do have to sand and restain it all, you might as well lay the last 700 feet and then do the sanding and staining. At least then it will all match.

I'll catch the rest on CNN.

I was thinking the same thing. That sucks, man. Good luck with it.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
I understand your frustration here with your Dad, but weren't these dogs going to be running on this floor sooner or later??? Weren't the floors were going to get scratched at some point???

KILRSVT

Established Member
your father kind of sounds like mine. i let him borrow 250 dollars and said he will pay me by yesterday will its now saturday and i have no money for gas or anything. it seems like he is careless at times. if i ever make serious money i will most def move out or not let him now or else i am going to be in the same page you are.
oh yeah he gave me 5 bucks today though

Last edited:

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
your father kind of sounds like mine. i let him borrow 250 dollars and said he will pay me by yesterday will its now saturday and i have no money for gas or anything. it seems like he is careless at times. if i ever make serious money i will most def move out or not let him now or else i am going to be in the same page you are.
oh yeah he gave me 5 bucks today though

you have an 04 cobra, live with your parents, are broke over $250, and are bitching about his money habits?

tommyhil4_6

Buh Bye
I understand your frustration here with your Dad, but weren't these dogs going to be running on this floor sooner or later??? Weren't the floors were going to get scratched at some point???

No, they would have been traveling over 18" travertine. Another reason why it's so stupid, he waits for me to do everything. God forbid he puts the dogs kennels in the garage himself.

Oh well, I refuse to finish anything else for them, they want it repaired they can pay some high dollar person to come do it. I refuse to lay anymore of the floor, to finish the electrical to do anything.... It isn't respected anyways, and I don't even get paid. So I am washing my hands of the situation.

To answer and above question. It is my parents home, I live in a 1400 sq. foot basement apartment (which I also finished for free labor, all they had to do was purchase the materials).

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Sucks to hear man. My dad isn't near as bad but he does similar stuff when we work on cars together, drives me ****ing nuts.

boltinsvt

Established Member
That really sucks, but washing your hands of it was probably the best solution. Maybe, or maybe not, when he lives in a halfremodeled house OR decides to pay for the finish, your dad will appreciate what you did.

you have an 04 cobra, live with your parents, are broke over $250, and are bitching about his money habits?

x a million

ctubbs

Established Member
I totally understand your anger! I lay hardwood floors for a living, I've been at jobs and people have damaged the floor before we even get finished and then expect me to repair or replace a section for free. Laying hardwood is not an easy job. If your hardwoods are prefinished, they have a 15-25 year warranty on the finish. Some companys cover surface scratches, some dont. You may check into it. I've seen companys just give out free material to customers, and also pay you to remove and reinstall your own floor. I do warranty work all the time for Bruce hardwoods, and i cant see dogs scratching the floor that badly in a matter of a few minutes without there possibly being a defect in the finish from the factory. I totally agree with you for walking off the job though! Laying the rest of the floor and then refinishing it is an option, or you can cut a section of boards out and just replace the damaged ones if the scratches are in a small area. If they are everywhere i wouldnt bother with patch work. Your looking at several thousand dollars to have a professional come in and refinish it. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread