innovators west 10 or 15%?

88blackhorse

Established Member
i have an 07 gt500 with ci,exhuast, but i want to bump up the boost on it and i been looking into doing a innovator lower pulley but not sure what size to go with a 10 or 15%?

airmanb2b

Established Member
If you are on the fence, consider the ati 15%. It's not an actual 15% but more of an 11%. It's 8.3 inches in diameter. Still have yet to figure out why it's advertised as a 15%. Anyway, I have it and have had good luck.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I'd go with 15% IF I had a GT500. We sell them with free shipping if you're interested let us know please.

Welcome to svtperformance.com as well. Looks like it took you a while to make your 1st post.

$647.50 shipped anywhere in the Cont. USA.

Last edited:

GO_N_H.A.M

Established Member
purpose of the lower and upper is pretty much to free up boost? mine is already running a smaller charger on the stock eaton.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
purpose of the lower and upper is pretty much to free up boost? mine is already running a smaller charger on the stock eaton.

The overdrive lower pulley spins any blower faster, creating more boost. Used in combination with a smaller upper pulley makes even more.

Eaton M122 , 2.6" upper with 15% lower will create about 16 PSI on a stock 5.4L with free flowing exhaust.

Last edited:

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
To take that stock blower to it's limit, the combo of the 2.60 Upper and the 15% lower is going to be the be the best way to go about it.

What intake are you running? If you haven't picked up an intake yet, the JLT 127mm CAI is going to be the one to go with for sure.

Check out this power package we have that will get you in the right direction:

Lethal Performance 07-2012 GT500 Pulley Pack w/ JLT 127mm Carbon Fiber Big Air intake [LP-GT500PPJLTBAPULLEY-CF] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

That includes:
JLT 127mm Carbon Fiber Big Air Inake
Metco Motorsports 2.60" Pulley
Metco Motorsports 90mm Auxiliary Idler Kit
SCT X3 Handheld Flash Tuner
Custom tune by Jon Lund of Lund Racing
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs (Set of 8)

Other than that, you'll need to pick up the 15% lower and you'll be good to go. Custom tuning is included in that power package.

Innovators West 07-11 Shelby GT500 15% Overdrive Balancer [IW-828] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Hope that gives you all the info you need. Feel free to give us a call or shoot me a PM with any other questions.

GO_N_H.A.M

Established Member
I have the jlt CF intake with the auxiliary pulley and the smaller charger pulley, it runs 12 psi. I want to port the charger first with the elbow and throttle body at the same time.

might be retarded question but the auxiliary is the one that picks of the slack on the belt correct? the pulley sits right next to the charger pulley?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Yes, the added 90mm idler pulley takes up belt slack and forces the belt to wrap around the upper pulley more. I highly recommend it.

Porting the stock blower is also required to achieve max gain from the upper/lower combo.

airmanb2b

Established Member
Does anybody know the weight difference between the ati piece vs the two IW?

I cant seem to find my thread I posted when I did the ATI lower. I weighed it compared to stock and it was about 1lb heavier. So the ATI is a little lighter than the IW units. I would also suggest upgrading to a Thump tensioner as well. More travel. My stocker was pretty much maxed out when I did the lower and I thought I was going to break the thing every time I cranked on it for belt removal.

Last edited:

ghig50

Established Member
Old thread obviously
I noticed someone wrote that the ati 15%od balancer is not really 15% but more like11%
How about the ati 10% is that really 10% od ?
Also anyone have the numbers
Diameter and or circumference
Comparing stock to
Ati 10 and 15 %
Vs
Innovators west
10% and 15%?

ghig50

Established Member
OK here is some quick info
Stock drive area of the gt500 supercharger pulley balancer area is approximately 22.250" ati 10% is approximately 24.50" quick math shows 22.250 plus 10% is 24.475 so yes the ati 10% is a true 10% larger drive area than stock and I am assuming the 15% would be the same situation where as it would be a true 15% larger drive area

Users who are viewing this thread