Installed my SW Full Exhaust - Dyno on 9/22/10 (With JLT Intake)

Intervention302

Established Member
Just got my car back from my mechanic...

I had the full Stainless Works exhaust installed. 1-7/8" headers, 3" catted X-Pipe, and their 3" catback exhaust. I cannot describe in words how much i LOVE the sound of the exhaust. Below 2300rpm, if you stay out of the pedal it is only slightly louder than stock which is good for me as I drive very late and need it to be quiet at times.

With that being said, you push the pedal down and watch the tach climb, this exhaust is sheer awesomeness. I cannot describe the sound... Perfect for me. I couldn't be any happier

Here is my dyno video!
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLLuj78lruU"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 - SW Full Exhaust & JLT Intake - Dyno[/nomedia]

Stock vs SW Full Exhaust/JLT Intake/ Tune
StockvsIntakeTuneExhaust.jpg

082610951557.jpg

081310951613.jpg

0920001414.jpg

0920001420.jpg

I am hoping for 425RWHP SAE tomorrow at the dyno. I have a shiny new JLT intake to install on the dyno as well. Check back tomorrow for updates!

Here are my stock, vs email SCT tune only

93TuneVsStock.jpg

Few pics of the car my friend took tonight as a bonus, sort of messed with the colors having fun:
DSC_000111.jpg

DSC_000512.jpg

DSC_000712.jpg

DSC_00089.jpg

Last edited:

Dragonacc

Established Member
Just got my car back from my mechanic...

I had the full Stainless Works exhaust installed. 1-7/8" headers, 3" catted X-Pipe, and their 3" catback exhaust. I cannot describe in words how much i LOVE the sound of the exhaust. Below 2300rpm, if you stay out of the pedal it is only slightly louder than stock which is good for me as I drive very late and need it to be quiet at times.

Does it drone on the highway at all? This is the same set-up I'm looking at getting for my car.

goody03

i need more mods
Established Member
I like it, it sounds good. Are you going to make some drive off and flyby videos?

Intervention302

Established Member
best sounding exhaust ive heard for the 5.0 bar none.

Thanks man, I couldnt be happier

Does it drone on the highway at all? This is the same set-up I'm looking at getting for my car.

Slight drone around 2100rpm. Nothing compared to the to my old Stingers on my 07 GT

As stated, the exhaust is very quiet on start up and below 2200rpm which is perfect

Sounds good Kevin.
How's doing the tuning for you today?

Pete @ Performance Dyno

We will be making pulls to see where the car stands with the full exhaust. Should be getting started around 3:30

Then install the intake and make the necessary tweaks to the tune. I'll call you with the gains

I like it, it sounds good. Are you going to make some drive off and flyby videos?

In good time... It should scream pretty good on the dyno later today

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
you'll love their system, i personally don't notice any drone, but i've had much louder systems in the past.

the quality of thier stuff is awesome too.

You will be very pleased!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
not as fan of the sound, im sorry maybe adding a chambered axle back will do the trick

here is a soundclip of mine at the track,

i think it sounds pretty damn good

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhvKKbU6xHI"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang w/ vortech! BEEFCAKE[/nomedia]

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Wow 11 horspower for what $2000.00 with install? What are you guy's smoking paying the stupid money for AR,Kooks,and SW exhaust systems??

The restriction is not in the factory headers...

ViciousJay

Established Member
Wow 11 horspower for what $2000.00 with install? What are you guy's smoking paying the stupid money for AR,Kooks,and SW exhaust systems??

ive figured that out already, question is where is it? the h pipe?

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
ive figured that out already, question is where is it? the h pipe?

The factory cats!!

Did you see the dyno graph I posted yesterday of my car and my friend's car?

He has the ARH 1 7/8" long tubes and matching cat less mid pipe. I have the Lethal 3" O/R X-pipe.

His car made 3 RWHP more and 2 RWTQ less than my car on the same dyno. It was 10 degrees warmer when he dynoed his car and those are the peak numbers, but our dyno graphs are very similar.

The gains in the exhaust are from eliminating the cats, the factory headers seem to be pretty efficient at the 400-500 RWHP level.

MinevsJoshsDyno.jpg

Sorry for getting off subject here!

Looking forward to hearing your results!!

Last edited:

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
dyno proven 25 or so rwhp and i picked up .15 in the quarter, plus as a supporting mod it just gets better

The Lethal 3" O/R X-pipe has a proven 14 RWHP gain, so in the end it is about a 11 RWHP gain of the long tubes with matching catless midpipe vs. the O/R X-pipe.

The difference in price is $1,200-$1,500 for the long tubes vs. $299 for the O/R x-pipe, not to mention the costly price to have the long tubes installed!! So the question is how much do you want to pay to get that extra 11 RWHP!! :shrug:

I do agree that the more power that you make the headers will continue to show better results than the factory shorty headers. :beer:

Intervention302

Established Member

No... Thats my progress so far man.

If you read, that was bone stock vs email tune only.

I just put down 425/393 SAE

SW Exhaust was worth 24.5, JLT was work 15RWHP

Charts/videos coming soon

Users who are viewing this thread