Installed some new hood vents

Status
Not open for further replies.

meliskyc

Established Member
I decided to venture out on this cold PA night to fit my SVE hood vents. The driver’s side went in fairly easily but the passenger side... was a different story. All in all, probably an hour from setting foot out the door to coming back inside. In my opinion, well worth the effort.
68D7A5DB-359F-4679-9F0C-BEAF7C2C76AC.jpeg
454DEC80-0BBE-4B29-97BB-9A4588988B36.jpeg
CF372923-C49D-4D4D-B2DD-E618413C9F2B.jpeg
FBA5667B-26EC-4DF2-82B2-FFC9BBFD3B09.jpeg

meliskyc

Established Member
Thanks everyone. Much appreciated.

Well done, and they do make a difference.

I modified the factory ones to take some of the plastic bars out, reducing them by about 30%, but even with that done, there’s no way they will move as much air out as these ones.

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
Basically you need to open up the fiberglass portion of the hood where the vents sit. They are hand cut at the factory so each one is different.

So the underside section that you wouldn’t see from the top of the hood? If so that’s not that bad.

Love the look.

meliskyc

Established Member
So the underside section that you wouldn’t see from the top of the hood? If so that’s not that bad.

Love the look.

You won’t see any of the filing work once the vents are in. I filed it all from the top of the hood.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Makes a huge appearance difference, and a bit more hot area is going to be extracted. The black finish goes nice with your red paint. Nice mod!!

Blk98Slobra

Established Member
Very nice! I’ve been tossing around the idea of buying those but really want some true forged ones lol

meliskyc

Established Member
Very nice! I’ve been tossing around the idea of buying those but really want some true forged ones lol

Thanks! For my own build, I feel like these would extract more heat than the TF ones. What’s the going rate on a set of the TF vents?

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
I actually have been thinking of removing my TF ones to replace with these. Only thing holding me back is the filing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread