Installed the "Torque Booster" to the Vortech V3

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
So you end up having 2 styles of relief? I still don't understand. Sorry for sounding so stupid fellas. Someone please post a video of this set up!

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
So you end up having 2 styles of relief? I still don't understand. Sorry for sounding so stupid fellas. Someone please post a video of this set up!
The bov only opens under vacuum so you dont get compressor surge when you let off the gas. The wastegate opens once you hit your desired boost level to bleed off excess pressure.

Deerslayer

Established Member
We run both the Tial BOV & the Tial Wastegate. The BOV is of course super loud when you decelerate letting of a huge "swoosh" of air at a time out when you decelerate. You don't hear the wastegate at all, or at least I cant hear it at all. Since it only opens and probably "bleeds" off pressure your not going to hear it. Once you hit 10psi, you are into the throttle pretty good, so all you hear is exhaust and motor not it bleeding off pressure. I would think if you run this with your existing BOV, you probably will not hear a difference. Feel is another story.

tyndallcbr

Established Member
We run both the Tial BOV & the Tial Wastegate. The BOV is of course super loud when you decelerate letting of a huge "swoosh" of air at a time out when you decelerate. You don't hear the wastegate at all, or at least I cant hear it at all. Since it only opens and probably "bleeds" off pressure your not going to hear it. Once you hit 10psi, you are into the throttle pretty good, so all you hear is exhaust and motor not it bleeding off pressure. I would think if you run this with your existing BOV, you probably will not hear a difference. Feel is another story.

Here is my car with the JPC/Tial BOV and Beefcake Torque booster...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spmW4hqUzaY

Here is the same car with the stock BOV in the same position as the JPC/Tial BOV, my wife asked me to make the car quieter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZQfrg20gqs

Deerslayer

Established Member
Could I add this to my stock Vortech kit? Is a new tune needed?

We added it to our Vortech. It is a pulley change and we changed to the Gates HD belt. Adding the Tial wastegate is nothing. Just replaces the drivers side elbow at the intercooler. It comes with the vaccuum line already plumbed and the wastegate mounted to the elbow, so it is litterally a plug n play. Loosen two clamps, pull off the elbow and put this one on that has the wastegate.
We have not re-tuned yet. We ran two data logs and our numbers looked really good, (afr & timing) so we havent retuned. I am going to have Lund look and see if he wants to tweak anything though.

Last edited:

Deerslayer

Established Member
Where did ya'll buy the Tial BOV from?

I bought the Tial BOV welded on the elbow from JPC. I wish they had used and welded the elbow like the Tial wastegate I just bought though from TBR. The BOV elbow on the BOV is paper thin and the flange welded to the elbow is half assed. Looking inside the elbow, it sticks through a full 1/2" and is not welded or filed down smooth on the inside. Don't know if it makes a big difference, but it would DEFINATELY not flow the same as the wastegate elbow since the flange sticks through so far into the elbow. The Tial wast gate torque booster elbow is a heavy duty elbow at least twice the gauge or thickness and the flange is welded inside and out and has been finshed and completely smooth on the inside.

Here are a few pics from this site that show the difference:

The Tial & Wastegate from Beefcake
Wastegate.jpg

The Tial BOV from JPC
BOV1.jpg

I WISH MY BOV INTERIOR LOOKED THIS GOOD! The one I have, the flange protrudes though the elbow wall at least 1/2"
BOV.jpg

Everything works good even with the BOV, just at some point, I will have another elbow made for the BOV side for security.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread