Installed the "Torque Booster" to the Vortech V3

Deerslayer

Established Member
have u guys changed your oil pump gears?

I now have a set of TSS billet gears ready to install. I wont be able to do it until Thanksgiving though since the car is off at school. I was intimidated to try to install them myself when we installed the Vortech, but after reading enough and seeing enough pics since, I feel pretty comfortable to tackle the install ourselves. I wish we had done it when we had everything apart for the install originally. He doesn't beat on the car too hard though. We are not racing it so just rolling the dice right now on the stock OPG.

Grabberblue_5.0

Established Member
I now have a set of TSS billet gears ready to install. I wont be able to do it until Thanksgiving though since the car is off at school. I was intimidated to try to install them myself when we installed the Vortech, but after reading enough and seeing enough pics since, I feel pretty comfortable to tackle the install ourselves. I wish we had done it when we had everything apart for the install originally. He doesn't beat on the car too hard though. We are not racing it so just rolling the dice right now on the stock OPG.
Thanks for the feedback, im gonna buy the OPG an install it at the same time i have the kit installed. U went wth the TSS opg?

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Beefcakes Torque Booster cannot be beat for the price. He doesn't offer one for the Procharger setup yet and if he did I would have purchased it.

My brother just installed the torque booster on his Vortech setup and he likes it. It's the way the blowers should have come from the factory.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Beefcakes Torque Booster cannot be beat for the price. He doesn't offer one for the Procharger setup yet and if he did I would have purchased it.

My brother just installed the torque booster on his Vortech setup and he likes it. It's the way the blowers should have come from the factory.

we'll be looking for a local procharger car to do an install on and test here soon to let the procharger guys take advantage of the same package

DTL

Established Member
Does it matter (from a tuning standpoint) if the wastegate is on the driver or passenger side of the intercooler? Will having it closer to the MAF (driver side) cause any problems?

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
I finally got mine and will be installing this weekend but have to wait on some other stuff I'm getting powdercoated. You guys have any results at the track yet?

SCalla1384

Established Member
I believe they put the wastegate on the hot side (pre intercooler)? But... Wouldn't it be better on the cold side? Since there is some pressure drop from the intercooler? Idk I could be wrong...

My thinking is say if your pullied for 13psi... Your probably around 14-15psi pre intercooler then lose a little after the intercooler and hit 13psi at the manifold. Now say you wastegate it for 10psi on the hot side... Wouldn't it actually be bleeding off more boost then desired?

Again this is just my thinking.

Last edited:

konabluekiller

Established Member
Does it matter (from a tuning standpoint) if the wastegate is on the driver or passenger side of the intercooler? Will having it closer to the MAF (driver side) cause any problems?

On a procharged car it'll have to be pre intercooler. Because the MAF is in the intercooler itself...

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I believe they put the wastegate on the hot side (pre intercooler)? But... Wouldn't it be better on the cold side? Since there is some pressure drop from the intercooler? Idk I could be wrong...

My thinking is say if your pullied for 13psi... Your probably around 14-15psi pre intercooler then lose a little after the intercooler and hit 13psi at the manifold. Now say you wastegate it for 10psi on the hot side... Wouldn't it actually be bleeding off more boost then desired?

Again this is just my thinking.

This isn't a stupid question. The Beefcake setup gets its boost reference from the same elbow that the wastegate is mounted on which is post intercooler. My Procharger setup has the wastegate mounted on the hot side but the boost reference is from manifold pressure. The engine has to pressurize to 10psi to open the wastegate on my setup vs post intercooler boost on the Beefcake package. If you wanted to run it after the intercooler on the Procharger you would have to get a MAF blockoff plate on the intercooler and relocated the maf downstream.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
i went from 625rwhp 498 lbs of torque on a rev auto tuned 3.8 pulley paxton, to a 641 rwhp and 557 ft lbs of torque with beefcakes t-booster, and yes it was retuned by rev auto.. The car is an animal and pulls harder all the way to 7000 rpm...yes power comes sooner now!

Users who are viewing this thread