Installing a 2013-14 Intercooler pump on 07-12 GT500

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Over the last 5 years I've bought a blower, injectors, TB, three full paid tunes, CAI, oil separator, pulleys, harmonic balancer, Thump tensioner, BAP, and tons of other stuff. Dozens of parts. Earlier this year I placed an order online (as I always do) for a $600 alternator. A few days later some rude woman called to say they would not fill the order because she "didn't recognize me." I told her I'd ordered many thousands of dollars in parts, so please look up my account by name, email, phone number, whatever. She said she didn't need to do that because she didn't recognize my name, so I had to scan the front and back of both my driver's license AND my debit card, send them to her by email, and wait for some period of time for her to verify it. I told her she just lost all my business. I called Nations and got my alternator along with great customer service.
1st of all why does she need all that info? Id be scared to send all that in fear of someone trying to use my info to buy stuff. Thats unprofessional IMO. Especially since you have bought things in the past. Id be just as upset as you too. I also went with a nations alternator and its been great. Very well made and keep volts up with everything on and running at idle.

fullboogie

Established Member
I don't know man. I've never had anyone ask me for that info. Ever. Water under the bridge though. Anything they sell I can buy somewhere else.

Stangra

Established Member

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
I just ordered one today, I think it's the same unit VMP sells for 399.00

I think this one's the same too for 250.00

The DOB kit has the bypass hoses and hardware too for 260.00

Are you referring to this one? I don't have FB but found they have a stand-alone website....

Department of Boost :: Cooling/Intercoolers

But according to this site, it's generic connections to complete the install; Dept of Boost says may have to order longer hoses besides what's in this kit....

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................

Ford Racing supercharger air to water intercooler pump kit 13-14 Shelby GT500 | eBay

This is one is the pump assembly & just includes a "Ford" harness, but would the harness plug into my 2012 OE harness assembly?

The Dept of Boost includes tubing & plastic "T" connectors.... but no instructions.... or at least for '11/'12 versions.

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................

Can someone post a SVTP link discussing all the supercharger lower heat-exchanger options [2-pass versus 3-pass, fans versus no fans] & assessments depending street or track usage; It was two or three pages long & tried searching for it again but can't seem to find

Last edited:

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Can someone post a SVTP link discussing all the supercharger lower heat-exchanger options [2-pass versus 3-pass, fans versus no fans] & assessments depending street or track usage; It was two or three pages long & tried searching for it again but can't seem to find
This one?

Stangra

Established Member
Are you referring to this one? I don't have FB but found they have a stand-alone website....

Department of Boost :: Cooling/Intercoolers

But according to this site, it's generic connections to complete the install; Dept of Boost says may have to order longer hoses besides what's in this kit....

Yessir that's the one. My install was pieced together with Roush TVS, VMP tripple pass HE, and this pump. I had to improvise nearly ALL the hoses, but at least the "T" fittings & clamps were useful.

Ford Racing supercharger air to water intercooler pump kit 13-14 Shelby GT500 | eBay

This is one is the pump assembly & just includes a "Ford" harness, but would the harness plug into my 2012 OE harness assembly?

The Dept of Boost includes tubing & plastic "T" connectors.... but no instructions.... or at least for '11/'12 versions.

Same harness comes with the D.O.B pump too. As for instructions, it will vary greatly depending on your install. I had to improvise everything (see above) because of my chosen pump location and to match my other components, just need to provide an additional hose to bypass most flow around degas tank to reduce turbulence/aeration. No instructions would apply to my (and maybe most) installations? In my case I had to splice the connector into the Roush supplied harness too.

I took the fans off my VMP dual fan triple pass HE after realizing they actually would impede airflow on a road course & on the street too unless in traffic when I'm not using boost anyways, if your drag racing they could be useful between pulls.
See this: Why You Don’t Want Fans On Your Heat Exchanger

Last edited:

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
I took the fans off my VMP dual fan triple pass HE after realizing they actually would impede airflow on a road course & on the street too unless in traffic when I'm not using boost anyways, if your drag racing they could be useful between pulls.
See this: Why You Don’t Want Fans On Your Heat Exchanger

I don't do any 1/4 mile or track events, want to increase cooling capacity on the OE tiny lower heat exchanger....

Had a problem once before in the heat- On a roadtrip in my GT500 loaded with the family & trunk loaded with stuff, plus driving with the A/C on for comfort. Was forced to stop & place bags of ice to cool the supercharger and upper surrounding area.
After an hour or two, cleared the CEL, and was back on the road with no issues at all.
Strange really.... just that one instance...

Reading & searching here on SVTP, finding Ford upgraded the HP on the '11/'12 model 5.4L but didn't do any real cooling upgrades....

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I don't do any 1/4 mile or track events, want to increase cooling capacity on the OE tiny lower heat exchanger....

Had a problem once before in the heat- On a roadtrip in my GT500 loaded with the family & trunk loaded with stuff, plus driving with the A/C on for comfort. Was forced to stop & place bags of ice to cool the supercharger and upper surrounding area.
After an hour or two, cleared the CEL, and was back on the road with no issues at all.
Strange really.... just that one instance...

Reading & searching here on SVTP, finding Ford upgraded the HP on the '11/'12 model 5.4L but didn't do any real cooling upgrades....
It is strange, but the M122 isnt what I would consider efficient lol. The heat exchanger on 07-12s are a joke. Id actually recommend an upgraded 3 row HE first, then see if you need the upgraded pump. A higher flow pump on the puny 07-12 HE is a waste, IMO.

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
It is strange, but the M122 isnt what I would consider efficient lol. The heat exchanger on 07-12s are a joke. Id actually recommend an upgraded 3 row HE first, then see if you need the upgraded pump. A higher flow pump on the puny 07-12 HE is a waste, IMO.

Ironically, the OE intercooler pump is starting to take a dump on me, & since I'm going to make a little mess of radiator coolant and have to front bumper off: I rather do a complete upgrade & be done with it finally.

I have the Reisch-Performance 170/172F thermostat already installed in my GT500 when these first came out.
Reische Performance Products - 170° Thermostats

I'm going with all four upgrades:
Ford Performance 13/CobraJet Intercooler, but man, now its $940, up from $600 when I first considered this
Ford Performance Parts 5.4L 4V Performance Intercoolers M-6775-MSVT

OE 13/14 Single Fan Setup
Ford Performance Mustang SVT Performance Cooling Fan M-8C607-MSVT (05-14 GT, GT500)

Trying to Find a triple-pass lower heat exchanger WITHOUT fans, can only find two-pass heat exchanger w/o fans

Davie-Craig EBP25 intercooler pump upgrade
Davies Craig DC-9105

Trying to shop around for both cheapest & reputable online shop to purchase while looking for PayPal's 12-month same-as-cash promo for purchases of $500 & more...

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Ironically, the OE intercooler pump is starting to take a dump on me, & since I'm going to make a little mess of radiator coolant and have to front bumper off: I rather do a complete upgrade & be done with it finally.

I have the Reisch-Performance 170/172F thermostat already installed in my GT500 when these first came out.
Reische Performance Products - 170° Thermostats

I'm going with all four upgrades:
Ford Performance 13/CobraJet Intercooler, but man, now its $940, up from $600 when I first considered this
Ford Performance Parts 5.4L 4V Performance Intercoolers M-6775-MSVT

OE 13/14 Single Fan Setup
Ford Performance Mustang SVT Performance Cooling Fan M-8C607-MSVT (05-14 GT, GT500)

Trying to Find a triple-pass lower heat exchanger WITHOUT fans, can only find two-pass heat exchanger w/o fans

Davie-Craig EBP25 intercooler pump upgrade
Davies Craig DC-9105

Trying to shop around for both cheapest & reputable online shop to purchase while looking for PayPal's 12-month same-as-cash promo for purchases of $500 & more...
Id strongly recommend the Kenne Bell Bigun intercooler. More flow and USA made. The 13/CJ intercooler is a chineese made unit. Not that they are terrible, they work. But Id personally not want to go from a Garrett built intercooler to a non US cooler. For $60 bucks more you can get a SOLID Kenne Bell unit:

BIGUNICS (<--- part number) KIT $999.00
07-'14 SHELBY GT500 23% LARGER INTERCOOLER UPGRADE

As for the HE, meh Id grab the fanned unit and just remove them. YOu may someday find a need for the fans. Maybe not but at least you's ahve the option.

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
Id strongly recommend the Kenne Bell Bigun intercooler. More flow and USA made. The 13/CJ intercooler is a chineese made unit. Not that they are terrible, they work. But Id personally not want to go from a Garrett built intercooler to a non US cooler. For $60 bucks more you can get a SOLID Kenne Bell unit:

BIGUNICS (<--- part number) KIT $999.00
07-'14 SHELBY GT500 23% LARGER INTERCOOLER UPGRADE

As for the HE, meh Id grab the fanned unit and just remove them. YOu may someday find a need for the fans. Maybe not but at least you's ahve the option.

Thanks for the tip!

Kenne Bell BIGUN Intercooler

I'll definitely look into this & make a decision...

Users who are viewing this thread