Installing stereo in 00R

Norway`R #129

Established Member
Sterio kabler.jpg

I know this is not so popular but I need a car sterio in 00R for longer Journeys...

That said, I have difficulties to get sound when I connect to the MACH460 wiring harness. I bought what I thought was the correct links but I get no sound to the speakers. I have Connected the cables that sits in the door and the rear window shelf but no sound, only the power to Sterio Works.

Is there anyone who can help me?

Norway`R #129

Established Member
You got the correct harness? Check on sonicelectronix.com or crutchfield.

That is the question .. I'm not sure, is ther now one in here who have done this before?:)
Are there factory installed amplifier on these cars? I suspect this is the right, Metra 70-5510 Receiver Wiring Harness

View attachment 44192

Is there anyone who can answer me this? :read:

Zemedici

Established Member
That is the question .. I'm not sure, is ther now one in here who have done this before?:)
Are there factory installed amplifier on these cars? I suspect this is the right, Metra 70-5510 Receiver Wiring Harness

View attachment 44192

Is there anyone who can answer me this? :read:

I'm seeing either that one or the 70-5511 as the correct harness. No definitive answer because hardly anyone changes the stereo in Cobra Rs. :) haha

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I dont have an R , but I would not think there is an amp installed from the factory.

I am pretty sure the wiring harness is probably there .

Last edited:

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I have a factory stereo in my R, but I had it installed by a local guy who did installs on the side at his house.

There was no wiring, speakers, or amps in the car, I bought a radio head unit, casette /cd player out of a 95, along with the rear shelf with speakers and amp. He installed new door speakers, and I believe there were factory speakers in the dash.

The way it was explained to me by the installer, ford had changed wiring harnesses from 94-96, 99-01, 02-04, etc. so he had to splice a lot of the components together using custom made connections. It took him 3 days to do the job, but I also had the interior stripped out at the time to get it ready for a 6 point roll bar.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but it can be done.

Last edited:

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Yes I'm biased, because i like my cars to be more stock, but what Dave outlined, forget it. If I cared about music, I'd toss a blue tooth speaker on the dash, and push from my phone. For me engine noise is plenty.

Users who are viewing this thread