Intake spacer question?

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
when I bought the car 3 months ago from the ford dealership, 3 weeks after i got the car i started noticing oil spots on the concrete, dont know how long it was leaking before I spotted it, but I jacked up the car and checked where was the oil coming from. It was leaking from the oil filter so I tightend the filter and checked the dip stick and it was a little low on oil, so I added some royal purple 5w-20 on the car, don't know what type and brand of oil the dealership puts but I added the royal purple 5w-20. my mods are SLP Lm1's, Mac O/r H pipe with prochamber and JLT Cai..

The dipsticks are inaccurate in teh machs. There is a TSB on them. 6-6.5 QTS is what's suppose to be in there and that shows just above the 'minimum' line. So, for future reference, don't go off of teh dipstick on these cars.

It's three months anyways, so I would do an oil change now. Use a K and N, Purolator, or Motorcraft oil filter (independent studies I've read), and use either Mobil 1, RP, REdline, or Amsoil. 6-6.5 QTS, TOPS. Some peopel dont' like RP, but I do. It quieted down the Valvetrain in both my cars, and I changed the oil religiously so I wasn't worried about deposit breakdown that some people talk about. See if that helps at all. If not....report back. :beer:

Also..I'm sure you've heard me say this, but I'd get some dyno runs in to make sure your A/F is 'ok'.

black347monster

Established Member
I just found out why my car was throwing white smoke, it's because It had too much oil. I went and jacked up the car and draind some oil out, bout a quart of oil.After that I lowered the car down then started the car up, then let the car idle and wala no white smoke

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I just found out why my car was throwing white smoke, it's because It had too much oil. I went and jacked up the car and draind some oil out, bout a quart of oil.After that I lowered the car down then started the car up, then let the car idle and wala no white smoke

:beer::beer::beer:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Cobra916..........you were saying?

SCHOOLED YET AGAIN!!. Now....STFU with your ignorant self.

Hint - go visit page 4 of that new edge spacer thread.

cobra916

Established Member
Cobra916..........you were saying?

SCHOOLED YET AGAIN!!. Now....STFU with your ignorant self.

Hint - go visit page 4 of that new edge spacer thread.

slow your roll with your bull shit... its nice to see that someone did a real test and got great results.. if more people did tests like the new edge guy we wouldnt have a discussion about the mod.. i dont see anything wrong with his test and i cant say anything bad about it.. but i would still like to watch the thread to see if someone else can add insight that i cant or havent thought of. this is a discussion forums and you dont need to get all excited if i dont agree with you.. all prior talks ive seen were all hersay and butt dynos

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
slow your roll with your bull shit... its nice to see that someone did a real test and got great results.. if more people did tests like the new edge guy we wouldnt have a discussion about the mod.. i dont see anything wrong with his test and i cant say anything bad about it.. but i would still like to watch the thread to see if someone else can add insight that i cant or havent thought of. this is a discussion forums and you dont need to get all excited if i dont agree with you.. all prior talks ive seen were all hersay and butt dynos

You so don't get the point do you?

It's simple..you were wrong and tried to tell those that have been around awhile that they were wrong.

/ your involvement of this topic.

buckinwild

Established Member
Congrat's, good to hear you got it figured out.:thumbsup:

cobra916

Established Member
You so don't get the point do you?

It's simple..you were wrong and tried to tell those that have been around awhile that they were wrong.

/ your involvement of this topic.

enough with this bull shit... lets get this straight ****** ****... your still a dip shit... i gave my opinion on a product that i have only seen hearsay info on.. just because im not a post whore like you... doesnt mean you know jack shit... okay lets say for the time being i was wrong about the spacer.. thats fine... no harm in that.. but you on the other hand go on here and other websites giving wrong advise to people.. (sullivan, fluid levels..etc) other stupid shit... which is ****ed up.. i dont give any advise till i know for certain... in my book your worse than people that dont say anything.. its funny how you are trying to act like lil gangsta on here.. id love to see this in person ,so i could smash your face in... we could arrange that if you like just pm me..:bash:

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
enough with this bull shit... lets get this straight ****** ****... your still a dip shit... i gave my opinion on a product that i have only seen hearsay info on.. just because im not a post whore like you... doesnt mean you know jack shit... okay lets say for the time being i was wrong about the spacer.. thats fine... no harm in that.. but you on the other hand go on here and other websites giving wrong advise to people.. (sullivan, fluid levels..etc) other stupid shit... which is ****ed up.. i dont give any advise till i know for certain... in my book your worse than people that dont say anything.. its funny how you are trying to act like lil gangsta on here.. id love to see this in person ,so i could smash your face in... we could arrange that if you like just pm me..:bash:

IN your honor sport. :rolling:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...a916-old-school-call-out-you.html#post8262921

Users who are viewing this thread