Intake Spacer...

zPipes

Established Member
Is there any major difference between the 1/4 and 3/8? Why would someone want a smaller one if you get bigger gains from the bigger spacer with more airspace? Also would it be practical to go even bigger?

It seems some think you need to delete teh egr but i saw that Cobrasvtcoupe said he was able to hook his back up np. Btw cobra what size is yours?

Adam01Snake

Capitalism is Boss
Established Member
Is there any major difference between the 1/4 and 3/8? Why would someone want a smaller one if you get bigger gains from the bigger spacer with more airspace? Also would it be practical to go even bigger?

I think the concensus is up 3/8" the EGR should hook back up no problem, sizes larger than that require some messaging to make work, I may be wrong, someone will correct me if so :)

My thinking is a 3/8" is the easiest to install w/ no additional modifications to EGR or Hood fitment issues, thats the size I'm leaning toward but if 1/2" was just as easy to install and had no fitment or EGR connection issues I might would just assume have the larger size.

At what point does hood cleareance become an issue I wonder?

Thanks,

Adam

sdg97232

Established Member
with the 1/2" you may have to cut the egr tube and make it longer. my 3/8" was a tight fit i had to use a small pry bar on the egr.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I think the concensus is up 3/8" the EGR should hook back up no problem, sizes larger than that require some messaging to make work, I may be wrong, someone will correct me if so :)

My thinking is a 3/8" is the easiest to install w/ no additional modifications to EGR or Hood fitment issues, thats the size I'm leaning toward but if 1/2" was just as easy to install and had no fitment or EGR connection issues I might would just assume have the larger size.

At what point does hood cleareance become an issue I wonder?

Thanks,
Adam

The spacer by itself is only part of the total height that the intake lid will be raised. The intake gaskets measure an 1/8" thick each, and an intake spacer needs two gaskets. Once the intake gaskets are installed the 3/8" spacer becomes a 5/8" spacer and the 1/4" thick spacer with gaskets is closer to a 1/2" thick.

I installed the 3/8" (5/8" total rise) spacer on my car specifically to check for hood clearance and closing problems. I didn't find any interference. 'Stock 99 cobra hood with hood blanket still installed.

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
Adam,
The last run of 3/8" spacers sold for $100 shipped. I'm working on another order of spacers and will post up with prices here in the next few days. If anyone else is interested in a 1/4" or 3/8" spacer post here or pm me.

Thank you,
Anthony
MIDCONTINENT MUSTANGS
(785)658-5921

Definitely interested here. 3/8" spacer.

Last edited:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
PM'd about FR500 spacer

Email sent!

Picture of the 3/8"-5/8" with gaskets intake spacer installed. EGR must be deleted or the EGR tube has to be bent.

DSC04078.jpg

Pics of the FR500 intake manifold 1/2" intake spacer.

DSC04753.jpg

DSC04755.jpg

DSC04756.jpg

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
alright so i've read through all these threads posted. does anyone have any hard data on a spacer with FI?? I'm curious on the increases.. I would be willing to get one if I knew there would be some good performance gains.. So does anyone have any ideas? is it safe to say that if you see NA gains from this mod that FI will see great gains?

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I don't have any hard data but I agree with you that if it makes power on a N/A engine then an intake spacer is almost guaranteed to make even more power on a F/I engine.

The restriction that the spacer reduces is still present on any intake, F/I or not.

1/4" spacers (1/2" total rise with gaskets) are $100 shipped. 10 on order

3/8" spacers (5/8" total rise with gaskets)* are $110 shipped. 5 on order

*EGR tube modification or deletion is required.

I placed my order for spacers this afternoon and was quoted 2 weeks 'til I can pick them up. Take $5 off the quoted price if you pre-order by 1 Jun, 2010!!

All spacers come with a new OEM Ford gasket and all new M6 SS bolts/washers. The long center through the upper intake bolt is also included.

Paypal [email protected]
or
Mail check/ money order to

MIDCONTINENT MUSTANGS
111 E South St
LIncoln, Ks 67455

Thank you,
Anthony
MIDCONTINENT MUSTANGS
(785)658-5921

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Just putting in my input.

I have picked up a 3/8" spacer from him and have been loving it since!

Quality product...sorry to bombard the thread, but I always like to spread good word for products I am happy with.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I don't have any hard data but I agree with you that if it makes power on a N/A engine then an intake spacer is almost guaranteed to make even more power on a F/I engine.

The restriction that the spacer reduces is still present on any intake, F/I or not.

1/4" spacers (1/2" total rise with gaskets) are $100 shipped. 10 on order

3/8" spacers (5/8" total rise with gaskets)* are $110 shipped. 5 on order

*EGR tube modification or deletion is required.

I placed my order for spacers this afternoon and was quoted 2 weeks 'til I can pick them up. Take $5 off the quoted price if you pre-order by 1 Jun, 2010!!

All spacers come with a new OEM Ford gasket and all new M6 SS bolts/washers. The long center through the upper intake bolt is also included.

Paypal [email protected]
or
Mail check/ money order to

MIDCONTINENT MUSTANGS
111 E South St
LIncoln, Ks 67455

Thank you,
Anthony
MIDCONTINENT MUSTANGS
(785)658-5921

hmm that's a good point. for $110 bucks if it netted me 30rwhp that would be worth it to me. is there any retune needed upon the install? I think i might be the ginny (sp) pig for this for the rest of the FI people out there. But i'm kinda nervous since it is $110 bucks lol..

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
got back at you. I'm down. I should be picking up my car this weekend and I'll install it and get on a dyno for everyone..

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
This is something I've been thinking about doing a while back but didn't considered important on a FI car, but if i can gain some power between 1k-4k rpms I'm sure my turbo would love it!

Do you make 1/2'' spacers?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
This is something I've been thinking about doing a while back but didn't considered important on a FI car, but if i can gain some power between 1k-4k rpms I'm sure my turbo would love it!

Do you make 1/2'' spacers?

Hey bro, him and I have been PMing and it seems as though he will be making 1/2'' spacers..

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Mine's going on the MD Friday at noon. Expect an update afterwards.

Awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

Oh ok, 1/2'' might be overkill but I was just thinking... So how's the car???

Everyone I want to mention again that when you ask for a 1/2" spacer you will receive a 1/2" aluminum spacer but add in the thickness of the two intake gaskets and that 1/2" spacer has just become a 3/4" spacer. Each intake gasket is 1/8" thick and each spacer needs two of them!!

The point of diminishing returns on intake spacers is well above the thickness's that I currently sell. No worries on going too thick at this point especially on F/I engines.

Thank you,
Anthony
MIDCONTINENT MUSTANGS
(785)658-5921

Users who are viewing this thread