Intake Spacers (revisited)...

Jamie R.

Established Member
My spacer should be here this week. I was hoping to spin the car friday but it's looking doubtful. I will get results soon though.

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Thanks to those of you that are doing this.....either it shows an increase or not...class act IMO. :beer:

cobrasvtcoupe25

Established Member
just giving everyone an update, i have the dyno anytime i need, just waiting on the kit from karkraft. i emailed their ebay seller today, just waiting for a response on a tracking number or if it has been sent.

My spacer should be here this week. I was hoping to spin the car friday but it's looking doubtful. I will get results soon though.

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra

Thanks for your efforts no matter the outcome. :beer:

01bluesnake

Established Member
not so sure i will be getting my spacer for this weekend, i sent a message a couple days ago with no response, but noticed item will not ship for at least 5 days from payment and may take 6-11 days to get. :( i sent payment on 4/29

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Bloody farkity fark! :mad:

You know what? I'll order one as well and I'll dew it just for the results as stated in the first page. The reason I cannot have one with my hood is because my 96-98 hood will not clear it because I absolutely love my 96-98 Cobra hood.

Hmm... I wonder if I drop my K-member by 1/2 inch, I should be able to run this spacer...hmmm...

Last edited:

Established Member
006- I sound bitter? You sound cheap.

I wasnt saying it didnt work. I was saying from my experience it didnt seem like it did much on mine. I like how people say it should work because it worked on a mach, but its a different motor. Like PonyGt65 said, machs have different HCI and always kill 99-01 Cobras in TQ. Maybe some of the TQ I gained below the curve is due to the spacer. Who knows but I would imagine 90% of the tq gain was because of the ported lower.

I would like to see a before and after dyno of one that is put on a NA 99-01.

BTW, you should be getting numbers higher than these folks since you have more mods than them:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/new-edge-cobras-51/591518-tuned.html

:burn:

Ken

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
BTW, you should be getting numbers higher than these folks since you have more mods than them:Ken

Different dyno, different car, different tuner,...not a good comparison at all. The hp numbers vary that much between cars that are stock, I've seen it. The power numbers also vary from dyno to dyno and of course tuner to tuner.

K2AHollywood

Established Member

Established Member
Ken - you need to chill. A.) his numbers are just fine for his mods let it go [and where are yours BTW?] B.) you have talked someone into buying this mod, installing and dyno tuning with it on their own dollar to satisfy your curiosity. Clean the sand out of your vagina

Can I just eat my GF's vag instead? :shrug:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Kind OT as well but would anyone want a 1/2" or 3/8" spacer for an FR500 intake? If there is enough interest, I'll consider production on them. I plan to run a 1/2" on mine but could also build them in 3/8" if wanted.

I already have 99/01 03/04 Mach 1 intake spacers planned.

Thanks,
Anthony
Midcontinent Mustangs
(785)658-5921

Sny714

Established Member
Different dyno, different car, different tuner,...not a good comparison at all. The hp numbers vary that much between cars that are stock, I've seen it. The power numbers also vary from dyno to dyno and of course tuner to tuner.

Ken - you need to chill. A.) his numbers are just fine for his mods let it go [and where are yours BTW?] B.) you have talked someone into buying this mod, installing and dyno tuning with it on their own dollar to satisfy your curiosity. Clean the sand out of your vagina

Thanks. Im done argueing with someone over numbers that they havent even reached yet.

Back on topic......Im looking forward to seeing the results.

Established Member
I'm glad we're looking into this product since it would be sad to lose out on a low cost, good torque gaining mod.

01bluesnake

Established Member
very good news everyone, i got my spacer yesterday and the car will be going on the dyno today if all goes good, and i should have the results later today around 9 pm. :) :):)

Users who are viewing this thread