Intercooler pump again

Federico Garza

Established Member
Found a pdf on the technical specs of the "newer" Bosch pump. According to Bosch, the revised pump flows 1400 dm3/h (1400 cubic decimeters per hour) which translates to 6.16 gallons / min.

Seems like it flows 2 gallons per minute more than what other members have quoted for the first generation pump. If this is true, it equals the 2013 pump, and could be a PnP upgrade???

Very interesting, thanks for looking that up, it seems you would end with the same problems as the pierburg pump since the flow is increased... needing the bypass hose arrangement.

Now if it were a brushless pump also, it might be worthwile to put this one in and fab up a bypass hose....

Federico Garza

Established Member
Its possible, but its unclear if this pump is a brushless motor design. The Trinity Peirberg unit is a brushless design and should outlast a brushed design by a wide margin. I priced out a trinity pump (Peirberg) and its about $275 shipped to my door along with $5 for the adapter harness.

Id say its probably a better investment to get the Trinity pump than an old style pump, even if the flow rate is similar. The factory pup is right around $200 at one of our site vendors. I imagine the newer upgraded pump is probably at least 20-30 more. For about $275 Id rather just have the trinity pump.

I saw the updated bosch pumps on ebay for $100....

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

I am still fuming about Photobucket locking my account for picture sharing unless I pay them $40 per month or $400 per year to post pictures on forums.

But anyway..................I see the pump, the 2-pc. bracket and the short pigtail harness, if a 2007-2012 owner chooses to install that pump in the oem 2013/14 location, it will require the replacement of two of the original timing cover bolts with stud/bolts that are used for two the three pump bracket attachments. I did not find the stud/bolts or their correct nuts listed in the oem Ford 5.8 DOHC parts breakdown. Finding those took a little more digging.

^^^^^^I have pictures of all of this also...........

*****I just looked at that FRPP pump kit again. The 2-pc bracket is only what holds the pump itself, there is another (third) bracket that attaches to the timing cover and is required for oem 2013/14 placement. That bracket does not appear to be with that FRPP kit. This third bracket is what attaches with those stud headed bolts and nuts along with a third bolt.

R

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
I am still fuming about Photobucket locking my account for picture sharing unless I pay them $40 per month or $400 per year to post pictures on forums.
R

This really sucks, the only thing they are good for is storing your files. The next step will probably lock you out completely unless you pay the ransom.

Photobucket.com Terms of Use

Last revised June 28, 2017

Types of Accounts, Pricing and Limits

• Visiting : There is no cost to visit the Site or to register as a Member.
  • Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” (defined below) in order to continue accessing their account. You can upgrade to a Plus account at any time.
  • Ad-free Account : The Ad-free Account offers Members the ability to use the Site without seeing any third party banner advertisements when logged into your Ad-free Account (note, viewers of your images within Photobucket will see ads unless they, too, have Plus accounts and you will continue to see Photobucket offers and announcements). This account level is available for $2.49 / month, payable by the Member on a monthly recurring basis.
  • Plus Account : The Plus Account offers several paid options that may give the Paying Member more storage, bandwidth, 3rd party image hosting, image linking and/or other services as outlined below. Once and during such period of time in which you subscribe to and pay for a Plus Account, we will consider you a "Paying Member." Please note that all Plus Account subscriptions are billed annually at the commencement of the service. Photobucket may also offer a monthly billing option for its Plus Accounts (see terms and restrictions, below).
  • Available Plus Account Plans : Photobucket offers the following Plus Account Plans:
o Plus 50 Plan: 52 GB of Storage for $59.99 / Year. The Plus 50 Plan does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 100 Plan: 102 GB of Storage for $99.99 / Year. The Plus 100 Plan allows for unlimited image linking but does not allow 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 / Year. The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and unlimited 3rd party image hosting.

• Additional Features of all Plus Accounts : When you upgrade to any Plus Account, you will also receive:
o Premium Support. You have direct access to our tech support team. http://photobucket.com/terms#ixzz4lp87Fm21

Read more: http://photobucket.com/terms#ixzz4lp7U6ney

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
Well the genuinely sucks.

This really sucks, the only thing they are good for is storing your files. The next step will probably lock you out completely unless you pay the ransom.

Photobucket.com Terms of Use

Last revised June 28, 2017

Types of Accounts, Pricing and Limits

• Visiting : There is no cost to visit the Site or to register as a Member.
  • Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” (defined below) in order to continue accessing their account. You can upgrade to a Plus account at any time.
  • Ad-free Account : The Ad-free Account offers Members the ability to use the Site without seeing any third party banner advertisements when logged into your Ad-free Account (note, viewers of your images within Photobucket will see ads unless they, too, have Plus accounts and you will continue to see Photobucket offers and announcements). This account level is available for $2.49 / month, payable by the Member on a monthly recurring basis.
  • Plus Account : The Plus Account offers several paid options that may give the Paying Member more storage, bandwidth, 3rd party image hosting, image linking and/or other services as outlined below. Once and during such period of time in which you subscribe to and pay for a Plus Account, we will consider you a "Paying Member." Please note that all Plus Account subscriptions are billed annually at the commencement of the service. Photobucket may also offer a monthly billing option for its Plus Accounts (see terms and restrictions, below).
  • Available Plus Account Plans : Photobucket offers the following Plus Account Plans:
o Plus 50 Plan: 52 GB of Storage for $59.99 / Year. The Plus 50 Plan does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 100 Plan: 102 GB of Storage for $99.99 / Year. The Plus 100 Plan allows for unlimited image linking but does not allow 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 / Year. The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and unlimited 3rd party image hosting.

• Additional Features of all Plus Accounts : When you upgrade to any Plus Account, you will also receive:
o Premium Support. You have direct access to our tech support team. http://photobucket.com/terms#ixzz4lp87Fm21

Read more: http://photobucket.com/terms#ixzz4lp7U6ney

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Bosch 0392022010 Engine Auxiliary Water Pump

81zFoSM7USL._SL1500_.jpg

I know this is an older thread, but has anyone upgraded their 2007-2012 GT500 I/C pump to this Bosch that we discussed a couple of years ago? and if so how is doing and was a it a plug and play install on a 2007-2012 in the oem location?

I see that my pictures are still on the first page of this thread showing the 2013/14 GT500 I/C pump install on a 2007-2012 in the oem 2013/14 location......

R

PM-Performance

Established Member
I know this is an older thread, but has anyone upgraded their 2007-2012 GT500 I/C pump to this Bosch that we discussed a couple of years ago? and if so how is doing and was a it a plug and play install on a 2007-2012 in the oem location?

I see that my pictures are still on the first page of this thread showing the 2013/14 GT500 I/C pump install on a 2007-2012 in the oem 2013/14 location......

R

I did the Davies Craig Ebp-25 which is higher flow and better motor and less money,
Direct fit!

PM-Performance

Established Member
Is that motor brushless also?

R

Yes, this is a brushless motor, direct fit, more gpm, and was like $120 shipped.
I cannot say there really was any difference in delta of IAT's out of boost, but underhood temps are stupid because of my longtubes and just trapping hot air in there. But I watched some runs at WOT and did not seem to get as high as previous and seemed to recover faster from the couple times I watched it.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Yes, this is a brushless motor, direct fit, more gpm, and was like $120 shipped.
I cannot say there really was any difference in delta of IAT's out of boost, but underhood temps are stupid because of my longtubes and just trapping hot air in there. But I watched some runs at WOT and did not seem to get as high as previous and seemed to recover faster from the couple times I watched it.

^^^^^I may go that way, but I do have the 2013/14 pump installed on my car as I showed on the first page of this thread, it is in place and my hyd. P/S mod has worked fine for a few years now since I mounted that 2013/14 pump........I just haven't made time to cut over to it yet. I was kind of thinking I would upgrade my original 2008 pump in the meantime.

BTW - If anyone has a 2007-2012 I/C pump bracket for sale, I am looking for one.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Ok, I picked up where I left off, good video. I did not see it mentioned, but the two nuts are not accessible to remove the pump bracket from the H/E while everything is in place? and........had someone been there before? I saw the screw/worm hose clamps instead of the pinch type clamps that are used everywhere else in that system from Ford.

R

PM-Performance

Established Member
Ok, I picked up where I left off, good video. I did not see it mentioned, but the two nuts are not accessible to remove the pump bracket from the H/E while everything is in place? and........had someone been there before? I saw the screw/worm hose clamps instead of the pinch type clamps that are used everywhere else in that system from Ford.

I didn’t need to remove the bracket. But yes I could have gotten it off if I wanted.
I think it was 2x 10mm nuts holding the bracket In
R

Users who are viewing this thread