Interesting Cobra(can I get a carfax)

fast1

I want a Cobra
Established Member
Interesting Cobra(can I get a carfax)updatedw/pics

Cruised by the local Ford dealership today. Hoping to finally see the new Shelby. They didn't have any, but as I was leaving, I spotted a white 04 Cobra. Asking price, 28K. I have no idea on the mileage. They were closed. The car appears to have been in an accident though. The front bumper cover was a little crooked and the molding under each door was a different shade of white. There is also what looks to be a cigarette burn on the back driver side seat. It also has a worn out set of Kumho tires on the back. What do you guys think?? Kinda looks like the car has lived a rough life. I grabbed the vin number. Is this car even worth looking into? Im about two months from really being ready to buy one, but maybe I can score a good deal on it and have my buddy re-paint the off-colored pieces. He works at a different Ford delarship in town.
Here's the vin # 1fafp48y74f213317

Last edited:

apache driver

Established Member
Carfax is clean. It says it is a 1 owner car. Manufactured and shipped to dealer on 03 Mar 2004. Vehicle titled in Granada Hills,CA on 20 Nov 04. Vehicle was bought at an auto auction on 08 Feb 07 with a reported mileage of 32,246. Vehicle offered for sale in Meridan, ID on 21 Feb 07. Hope this helps. Asking price is too high given condition and mileage of the vehicle.

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
I wouldn't give it a second look if it had a cigarette burn. Probly smells like an ashtray in there.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
if they are willing to fix the body panels, seat, and drop the price then I would say yes but there are much nicer cars out there with similar miles for a better price.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Worn out set of Kumhos on the rear? Hmmm. It might have been driven/raced pretty hard. Be cautious. I would check it out very carefully, and note all of the mods. They might be further evidence the car was driven hard.

fast1

I want a Cobra
Established Member
Thanks for the carfax apache man. Me and my buddy(the Ford body shop guy) are going to go take a look at it on Thursday. Maybe i'll try and get some pics. Thanks

repsol

Established Member
My rocker panels are off white too!As well as the "vents" behind the
doors.I'm sure this will add confusion to your decision

NJ04Cobra

DUMPS FTMFW
Established Member
repsol said:
My rocker panels are off white too!As well as the "vents" behind the
doors.I'm sure this will add confusion to your decision

LOL no kidding! Mine are the same way. I will never forget being in high school and my buddy got his brand new Oxford White 1990 GT. Guess what??? The panels didn't match then either lol!

PS...nice bike:beer:

Last edited:

o4nccobra

another log on the fire
Established Member
My paint doesnt match perfectly either. I dont think its been painted but a fender on mine was moved judging by the paint marks on the bolts. Price on that one could come down a little. Thats what I paid in 11/05 with 9600 miles.

(mines oxford white as well)

ViciousJay

Established Member
grab a new seat off of here... get the interior detailed... rip all the seats out when you do it... otherwise replace the tires... do a compression test and leak down

have the dealer do a leak down and compression test... if they can provide those numbers then theres a good start to that baby... also 28K for 28K miles is a pricey... i say offer 24

SpectorV

Established Member
you can get under a black light and see the differences, my 01's side skirts, side scoops, and rear wing all were off colored

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Price seems high and there's to many questions to answer! You got 2 months to find one so pass on this one. There are much nicer one owner cars out there for less!! good luck man

Users who are viewing this thread