Interesting Cobra information...

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
sc is a good proposition. i think everyone has already put their chips on a twin screw 07 cobra. good find nonetheless

CGoeschel

Established Member
I hope they do better than "just produce over 400 hp." or its gonna get its ass kicked by that new Z06. Im bettin' closer to 450 to 475 hp for the Cobra and a limited production R model thats got something close the the Ford GT motor.

metaman

Established Member
I wouldn't mind if it came with just under 400hp so the insurance is cheaper. If it does have a 4v 5.4 and whipple, it will be even more fun to uncork than the 03. Pulley custom tune ect. = 500+ easy!

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
What does an 03 with an 8psi KB put down? I think I've heard around 450rwhp, but that would be with intake/exhaust as well. Now imagine what the 03 motor would put down with 5.4L instead of 4.6. I think it would be hard to keep the car UNDER 500hp with that setup. 450rwhp comes out to about 525hp. So if ford under rates the car 50 hp, it would still be 475 hp.

R1Lello

Established Member
:nonono:

well, I'll wait then if this is true. For the weight of the new model car, my targeted magic number is at least 450 hp (advertised and hopefully underrated). If the 05 is running an average of 13.5-13.7 for arguements sake, then another 100 horse will be high 12's. The s/c cobras do that now, so not enough. I will keep my fingers crossed............

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
ttiwwp.gif

Just thought I'd be this thread's pain in the ass. ;)

jwfisher

Banned
CGoeschel said:
its gonna get its ass kicked by that new Z06.

Time to get realistic here...

The last Cobra got it's ass kicked thoroughly by the last Z06, and the new 2006 Z06 will absolutely kill it flat dead. It in fact already has, and neither are out yet.

There us no chance whatsoever that any kind of Cobra based on a Mustang could compete with this new Z06. In fact, it even matches the Ford GT in all performance areas and exceeds it in many. All for a heckuva lot less money too.

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/

69cobrajet

333 Half Evil
Established Member
jwfisher said:

The last Cobra got it's ass kicked thoroughly by the last Z06, and the new 2006 Z06 will absolutely kill it flat dead. It in fact already has, and neither are out yet.

There us no chance whatsoever that any kind of Cobra based on a Mustang could compete with this new Z06. In fact, it even matches the Ford GT in all performance areas and exceeds it in many. All for a heckuva lot less money too.

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/
Let see now, a $34000 car gets beat by a $50000 car.Now you are saying a $40000?will get killed by a $60000? car.O.K,but I will take that cheap old mustang,put that 20g extra you wasted on that plastic P.O.S and put in it.Kill it now.I couldn't drive it to your country club or your other old man gatherings because it would be to loud.It would not have the resale value your sporty vette would have.But I ain't about that.I'm about FORD performance.Thats why I post on this web sight and not LS1.com. :loser:

Last edited:

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
69cobrajet said:
Let see now, a $34000 car gets beat by a $50000 car.Now you are saying a $40000?will get killed by a $60000? car.O.K,but I will take that cheap old mustang,put that 20g extra you wasted on that plastic P.O.S and put in it.Kill it now.I couldn't drive it to your country club or your other old man gatherings because it be to loud.It would not have the resale value your sporty vette would have.But I ain't about that.I'm about FORD performance.Thats why I post on this web sight and not LS1.com. :loser:

:rockon: exactly :rockon:

icu812

GOT MILF?
Established Member
I read the article and I would guess the 03-04 based 4.6 with the whipple or the heaton (smaller pulley, freeier flowing exhaust,and some sort of CAI) I don't see them using the 5.4 for bean counting sakes.
I really hate to see them improve on the 03-04 models but , if it's what it's supposed to be I'll be the first in line to get mine!!!!

Captain Beyond

Established Member
jwfisher said:

The SVT Cobra was never intended to compete with the Vette Z06. The Mustang is a muscle car and the Vette is a purpose built true sportscar. The Mustang's real competition is the camaro (oh wait, they don't make that pos anymore) and the gto. The Cobra kicks the goats ass in every performance catagory. If you want to compare true purpose built sportscars, why don't you compare GM's best (Z06) against Ford's best (GT). I don't care about the price difference between the two. The Ford GT is worth it in looks alone. I hope GM starts camaro production again because I'm sick of hearing Z06 vs. Cobra comparisons.

Last edited:

yoda

Boost Lee Roy
Established Member
im with jwfisher to a point.i would like to see a better all around cobra as well. something that can compete with the zo6 all around.. i think that ford should make a limited edition r model like in 2k to compete with the zo6. about 500 made a year.

Users who are viewing this thread