Interesting developments at Palm Beach Dyno

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I’d wish both and him and Ken B the best. Never had an issue with either one and especially Ken I’ve known for a while as an OG racer from Ohio.
The only constant is change.
I hope that GT500 is fixed, sucks to see.
-J

I think Ken is the one that bought a hood off one of my Foxes. cause he wanted the stock look... Shit this was probably back in like 08-09

Blown02

Established Member
Looks like Lethal Performance picked him up.

I seen that Tim Barth is reviving Modular Powerhouse and might of brought this guy to his shop to get up to speed with tuning coyotes. Guess that was wrong thinking after seeing Lethal posting on Facebook.
Don’t let them degree any cams

robvas

Established Member
All kinds of drama going on now. Looks like other tuners including pbd were basing their tunes off old Lund tunes blah blah

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I was reading the same drama on M6G... more particularly regarding Juggernaut tuning -- some guy who used to work for Lund apparently "stole" their base files.

Irony is Lund stole their own base files from Ford lol.

The whole Ford tuning industry is so gay. They all deserve the rainbow raptor.

Zemedici

Established Member
I was reading the same drama on M6G... more particularly regarding Juggernaut tuning -- some guy who used to work for Lund apparently "stole" their base files.

Irony is Lund stole their own base files from Ford lol.

The whole Ford tuning industry is so gay. They all deserve the rainbow raptor.

This is all tuning, imo. Dodge guys do it too. I had no name shops pay me to have 2-3 hellcats tuned, bam they’d ghost. Now all of a sudden they’re tuning cars…

robvas

Established Member

Irony is Lund stole their own base files from Ford lol

That's kind of a dumb argument. You alter what the car did stock. That is tuning.

Just like you change a part.

But to take all the work another tuner did, change a tiny bit of it, and sell it as your own, that's just dirty.

All the people saying "they just change a couple parameters" wouldn't even know where to begin.

If it was so easy, there would be no shitty tunes, bad tuners, etc.

Now the whole thing with Beefcake where Lund couldn't fix it, and Juggernaut fixed it, that's a legit claim. They fixed what we the issue was and should get credit.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
That's kind of a dumb argument. You alter what the car did stock. That is tuning.

Just like you change a part.

But to take all the work another tuner did, change a tiny bit of it, and sell it as your own, that's just dirty.

All the people saying "they just change a couple parameters" wouldn't even know where to begin.

If it was so easy, there would be no shitty tunes, bad tuners, etc.

Now the whole thing with Beefcake where Lund couldn't fix it, and Juggernaut fixed it, that's a legit claim. They fixed what we the issue was and should get credit.

I disagree 100%.

Ford can say the same thing to any tuner. No tuner is writing an entire base file from scratch. 0 of them.

If anyone has a claim -- it's Ford.

This is the reason literally 0 of these dramatic arguments on social media between "tooooners" turn into lawsuits -- BECAUSE THEY DONT OWN THE FILES. Ford does.

robvas

Established Member
They don't own their changes to the files?

So if you spent a month figuring out how to add snap crackle tune to your car, and started selling it to kids for $500 each, and one of them pulled the tune and started selling your tune to people for $100, you wouldn't be upset?

robvas

Established Member
Any source for this? PBD did some extensive RnD on Kens car… I’d be hard pressed to believe they ninjad tunes from Lund.

It wasn't that car, but other cars they had tuned in the past. It's all over Facebook etc you can see a history in the file of who's computers it's been on etc

Other tuners were found to be doing the same thing but I didn't recognize their names

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
They don't own their changes to the files?

So if you spent a month figuring out how to add snap crackle tune to your car, and started selling it to kids for $500 each, and one of them pulled the tune and started selling your tune to people for $100, you wouldn't be upset?

Sure, I'd be upset, but id also understand there isn't much could do about it.

If you want a REALLY good read... dig deeper into where Lund got some of their "good" tunes that put them on the map. They stole from AED 10 years ago.

These idiots all steal from each other, then get online and blowhard about how pissed they are when someone "steals" from. So lame.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
It wasn't that car, but other cars they had tuned in the past. It's all over Facebook etc you can see a history in the file of who's computers it's been on etc

Other tuners were found to be doing the same thing but I didn't recognize their names

Idk man.

I’ve never been on the Lund bandwagon. I’m not saying you are, and I’m sure they are a fantastic tuner…

But this just seems to me like mud slinging at a tuner that’s lost a few guys to whatever reason…

Kicking them while their down doesn’t feel like the right option to me.

robvas

Established Member
Idk man.

I’ve never been on the Lund bandwagon. I’m not saying you are, and I’m sure they are a fantastic tuner…

But this just seems to me like mud slinging at a tuner that’s lost a few guys to whatever reason…

I don't have a dog in the fight. And I don't think it was anything directed specifically to PBD - there were just tunes from a couple different tuners that turned out to actually be modified Lund tunes and that was put out on the internet

Zemedici

Established Member
Idk man.

Performance industry is beyond cutthroat. I’ve watched guys shake my ex bosses hand and look him in the eye, while they’re ****ing him over.

You’d think ‘fun industry means fun people’

Nope, all snakes. Glad i got out of it. Now i just watch from the sidelines like a normal person.

But yes, they all do it to each other. They’ll **** someone over in a heartbeat to make a quick buck.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Performance industry is beyond cutthroat. I’ve watched guys shake my ex bosses hand and look him in the eye, while they’re ****ing him over.

You’d think ‘fun industry means fun people’

Nope, all snakes. Glad i got out of it. Now i just watch from the sidelines like a normal person.

But yes, they all do it to each other. They’ll **** someone over in a heartbeat to make a quick buck.
What is defined as ****ing someone over?

Can you patent a tune?

I really dont know much about how that whole sphere works. It seems like you have some big name shops, Some splinters of those big name shops, Local shops that use those big name shops to help with RnD for tuning...

Seems very interconnected with lots of Fanboys that probably got a tune for their 96 2V GT with a CAI and spouting off about how this shops the greatest since sliced bread...

Zemedici

Established Member
What is defined as ****ing someone over?

Can you patent a tune?

I really dont know much about how that whole sphere works. It seems like you have some big name shops, Some splinters of those big name shops, Local shops that use those big name shops to help with RnD for tuning...

Seems very interconnected with lots of Fanboys that probably got a tune for their 96 2V GT with a CAI and spouting off about how this shops the greatest since sliced bread...

Negotiated partnership / exclusivity agreements then don’t hold up your end of the bargain, etc etc, or going into it solely to get what YOU want, without any intention of helping the other party a la ‘the deal’

And you’re right on the money. For small bolt on shit it doesn’t matter, what matters is the big power / ‘fast’ stuff, and all the big dogs trying to make their own ‘recipe’

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
99.9% of these shops are struggling to keep the lights on which is why they **** each other over left and right. All the shop cars, toter homes, what have you…. all on notes that they struggle to make monthly so they can flash it all on social media to keep the cycle going. The whole thing is a sham

Users who are viewing this thread