Interior led change over

01mingreyvert

Established Member
Why can't you change the color of the leds with the my color. My car is black with red stripes and I can change the ambient lighting and gauges to red but not the other switches or the radio they remain blue.

01mingreyvert

Established Member
But I said i can. Had some plcc-2 surface mount leds left over from my 2006 gt led change over and the switches look about the same, pulling the console for the tc-hazard-trunk, the ac-radio controls, the headlight switch, the steering wheel switches, the lc-pp-steering, the window and door lock switches to see.

01mingreyvert

Established Member
Ok got the switches out. The headlight, lc-pp-sw, and the tc-hazard-trunk switches take the old style plcc-2 surface mount leds. The rest of the switches take newer style surface mount leds, I'm thinking they are 0805 which are half the size of the older plcc-2. Got the headlight switch done and changed to red and reinstalled because it turns the headlights on when you unplug the headlight switch. Will order the 0805 and some 0603 leds just in case. The radio and ac controls take about 25 by themselves a lot to desolder and solder back. The window and door lock switches have some round reverse mount through hole leds that i have never seen before and have to figure those out. Should be able to get rid of all these blue leds from the factory.

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
I had this exact same thing done on my 08 GT500 black with red stripe package. It was tedious, but well worth it in the end. The red is easier on the eyes as well.

01mingreyvert

Established Member
bottom half of ac controls showing the small leds.
49E7454F-D317-46C2-8044-87F6C6DA5B2E_zpsrl8esra9.gif

Blue Snake

SLACKER Poster
Established Member
I like!!!!!
Did that to my 99 F150 and 99 L. Not sure if I have the patience to do the Shelby. :lol Besides it is Blue so they already match.:)

Users who are viewing this thread