Introducing the new 10-14 True Forged GT500 hood vent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Steve rushed me the new vent just in time to get it bolted up for the American Muscle show and it was a hit for sure! The fit and finish is just what we've come to expect from a True Forged product, perfect! This was an easy 10 minute install that changed the whole look of my car. The finish on mine is double tinted brushed which matches my wheels perfectly.
It's hard to get pictures of the vent the way you see it on the car because of the angle, but here's a few teasers until I can get a few better ones. These can be made in just about any color you want, including fully polished. There is also a louvered version which replaces the mesh with rearward slashed louvers.

AE0B7B1B_zpsfb0b423c.jpg

B81A39C3_zps55196b63.jpg

E774D796_zpsb0b91ff2.jpg

F1ACFC68_zpsc4b589ce.jpg

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Steve does the vents and leaves the others scratching their heads as to how he figured out a way to do it. He's innovative, creative, and just plain gets it done. I love the ones he did for my '09 and I'm quite sure you are just as happy with this version.

Thanks again Steve!

BIRDDOC

Established Member
Awesome!

I'll post pics of the louvered version later this week :)

Black Sex

Established Member
Those look so much better than the other ones they had now that they opened up the vent itself.
I would love to rock one of those. What do they run cost wise? Any underhood shots? Do you have plans to trim the hood opening?

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
Wow, it looks like they went all the way down with the grille. The original vents stopped short like the factory vent and that is why I was hesitant to get them. Who did you order from?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
looks awesome PW :beer:

yes, we listened to people and revised it to open it up more. and since we couldnt source the diamond mesh we had to make our own. it does cost a bit more to make than the other mesh type but we're keeping the price the same.

you can order directly from us or through revan racing. RR only offers the basic, most popular finishes to keep it simple. if you want something custom then youll need to hit me up directly :beer:

brian pancoast has all the factory colors available if that's something you want. we can ship it directly to him for him to do his thing (hydro carbon as well).

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
looks awesome PW :beer:

yes, we listened to people and revised it to open it up more. and since we couldnt source the diamond mesh we had to make our own. it does cost a bit more to make than the other mesh type but we're keeping the price the same.

you can order directly from us or through revan racing. RR only offers the basic, most popular finishes to keep it simple. if you want something custom then youll need to hit me up directly :beer:

brian pancoast has all the factory colors available if that's something you want. we can ship it directly to him for him to do his thing (hydro carbon as well).

So if we order "mesh" from RR, will we get the new design?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
ive been meaning to post up a thread with more pics of the various finishes we've done on these lately for customers. we're doing some trick 2 tone ones right now that ill wait to get back before doing so. on one we've even added some rivets at the request of a customer.

Steve does the vents and leaves the others scratching their heads as to how he figured out a way to do it. He's innovative, creative, and just plain gets it done. I love the ones he did for my '09 and I'm quite sure you are just as happy with this version.

Thanks again Steve!

thanks Tob. wish i could send you one of these to review again :beer:

we've put painstaking work into this project. its taken a few years to get it right. lots of trial and error. nobody else would put as many man hours into this as we have. they would have given up LONG ago. but my buddy who designed it refused to give up and was enjoying the challenge.

i was discussing this with the painter i use yesterday. he wants to get one to try to do some smoothing. he says he can use some bondo to smooth the top and bottom parts to make it look like one piece. of course this would limit the finish possibilities but would be another custom option available. i think ill get him one to play around with and then ill post up results.

Awesome!

I'll post pics of the louvered version later this week :)

cant wait to see it mark. you're pushing me to get one done for you got it done! you've got the first and only revised louvered version so far :beer:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
we're also looking to make the diamond mesh work for the 07-09s as well since that also has the same diamond mesh pattern on the front grill and bumper. :thumbsup:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Guys ill get more pics today, I'mon the range training all day, hopefully I'll get done with some light.
I have 3 versions of this vent, Steve and his guys bent over backwards to make sure EVERY SINGLE concern I had was covered and this one nailed it 100%! The time and money Steve invested into this project is above and beyond anything I've seen in the aftermarket and he did it to make sure we were all happy with it and it reflected the workmanship of the rest of his products. Couple that with Van being involved in the retail end and you have the best two options available paired up together. Trust me when I tell you, the value in cost of this thing is immidiately evident when you see how well it's made, fits and looks when it's on.

Last edited:

DaFreak

Established Member

you can order directly from us or through revan racing. ......

Wow, what a team this is! The best of the best. :rockon:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Steve,
When do we expect a revised version for the 07-09 crowd? Looks awesome!!!

working on it right now. with the way we have to make this mesh its pretty tough making it so it comes out looking right. hopefully we'll have the first sample within a couple of weeks. i was given one piece yesterday but it needs a little more work.

Wow, what a team this is! The best of the best. :rockon:

for people who want brian to do his thing, if you order it from TF or RR just order the standard brushed version and put Brian's address in the shipping address. you and brian discuss the finish options directly :beer:

right now RR just has the circular mesh on his site. ill get him some pics of the diamond mesh to add. i guess for now just put "diamond" in the notes. we're still going to offer the first gen mesh (circular) but after the diamond mesh has come out we haven sold any more lol. but its still easily available if anyone wants it. ALL the hood vents are the same. the mesh/louvers are added after the order is received. then its cleaned up, test fitted and then off to whatever finish is chosen. so unless you get it sandblasted or the standard brush job, it will take at least a week or so before its ready to ship out. so dont order one if you're in a big rush lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread