Ios 5.1

SilverCobra7

Philippians 4:13
Established Member
New update for iPhone, iPad ,iPod... Fixes battery life issues and adds more languages for Siri. Plus changes AT&T network indicator to 4G. I noticed it being a little faster... Also new screen look with short cut to the camera.
a6cd8a8e-71fb-00e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
So magically they changed the 3G indicator to 4G even though its still a 3G connection? All because one device (the new iPad) has a 4G radio?

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Current LTE isn't 4G either so no matter. It's all smoke and mirrors.. I hate marketing.

Tons of bugs fixed in 5.1 but most people are unlikely to notice. Helped my development out a ton, Apple fixed 3 bugs I filed.

BM1

Established Member
LTE Advanced is scheduled for release this year and is supposed to meet IMT-Advanced standard specifications for true 4G service. Hopefully that's what the next iPhone will include even though I doubt the US mobile carrier networks will support the full capabilities any time soon.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I upgraded last night. Performance seems to be about the same. I get pretty good battery life anyway, so if the update makes it better, that's good. The update is supposed to fix a few reliability issues. The new quick link to the camera is nice, but don't know if I'll really need it much since it doesn't take but a couple of seconds to get to it through the regular home screen.

ModularFan

Established Member
Before when i charged my phone, and i played with it on the charger it use to drop a few percentages in battery life, or i would unplug it and it do the same, doesn't seem to do that with the update!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread