Iphone 4s owners..

Hrbdizzle

Freight Train
Established Member
Pondering cases? Going with that naked look,and relying on applecare?

Curious to see what yall are doing for protection? I sat in Bestbuy for over an hour deciding on a Case. I opted out of applecare. I committed myself and bought the Otterbox Commuter, not having wanting something as bulky and rubbery as the Defender series. As fast as I got home and installed it, I took it off, boxed it up and brought it back to BB. I worked a ton of overtime this week so I pulled the trigger on a Lifeproof $79.99 :??:

Easy install. 100% waterproof in fact they recommend you submerge your phone after you test the case for leaks. Case comes with a built in screensaver no hassle like the ones with Zagg or the static protectors. Comes with a waterproof hands free extender in case you wanted to listen to music in the pool shower etc... I mainly like it since it is airtight, pocket lint and other pieces of sand will not scratch the glass and back glass. :beer:

So for the first day review I am completely happy with it. Price could be a little lower....

Hrbdizzle

Freight Train
Established Member
Im not sure on that. Ha ha i leak tested case it was airtight. As far as throwing my phone in a pan of water, im good. However im confident that it will survive the rain and snow. Their website has a bunch of videos where guy are riding jet skis and on the phone,or swiming with their kids shooting videos. It also survives a 7 foot drop to concrete.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I use the Otterbox Commuter myself. What about it did you not like? I protect my phone to an extent but if it interferes with functionality and form too much I won't keep it. The Commuter is a good mix of protection and sleekness.

* And on a random note, Gameloft released Modern Combat 3 today for the iPhone and it blows my mind how far the graphics on a mobile device have progressed over the years.

Last edited:

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
I use the griffen reveal case, enough protection for me. I had the otterbox commuter on my 3gs, but its just too much on the new 4s design.

Hrbdizzle

Freight Train
Established Member
The commuter just felt flimsy and it had nothing to protect dirt and debris from entering the case and scratching the front and back glass. I guess you can put a Zagg on it to protect the glass, but now your adding another 25$ or so. Right up there with the life proof price. I can not stand a bulky heavy case. This is neither.

Hrbdizzle

Freight Train
Established Member
Yeah Gen2 at bestbuy was 79.99 save some on shipping and ask them to open it before you buy. It's steep! But I dig it. The only thing that sucks is the screw in cap to seal off the headphone jack can easily be lost, but they give you an extra with the plug extender. And yes the iPhone headphones fit without the extender, but it doesn't make a water tight seal with out it. I dig it cause it extends the cord length a few inches

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Mine goes naked because I have a transparent front and back glass. It's pretty cool, look it up.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The Otterbox cases are really great and definitely do a fine job protecting your iPhone. What I don't like, though, is the bulk, and I don't like screen protectors. I almost bought one but decided to instead buy a Splash Vapor case. Does a fair job of protecting my 4S without the bulk. I'm extremely careful with my cell phones so this will work well for me.

neatofrito1618

Established Member
I went naked and the black glass completely shattered when I dropped it from pocket height. I then jumped into the pool with my wallet/phone when I was drunk a few months later and that was that.

The Otterbox Commuter probably wouldn't of been a bad buy.:shrug:

NateV8

Established Member
+4 on bulky cases sucking ass. I just have front and back screen protectors and a white $1.79 eBay bumper to go on my white 4.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Lifeproof. and It's awesome except the clip that covers the charging port on mine just cracked...

Let's see how they handle this lol

cody_288

Established Member
Awaiting the black Inox to come back into stock here... Might go with a carbon fiber one I saw the other day if I have to wait much longer for the Inox.

Users who are viewing this thread