Iphone5 issues/questions

20redfire03

Established Member
Since all the new updates my battery life has taken a hit. A settings reset helped once but it went back to crap. I tried it again and now texting certain people it uses my email others my phone number. If I take my email off it won't let me text the one person. Now I'm sure I can delete the conversation and fix it but I'd rather not given whom the conversation is with. Anyone have tips to fix this?

I've tried turning imessaging off on my iPad as well. Also when the person texts my number from their phone it goes by regular text but text my email it goes by iMessage.

And has anyone tried any of the do it youself battery replacement kits for the 5? I don't want to get one with a crap battery?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Did you try calling customer support through your carrier? They might escalate the call to Apple Care.

TERMINATED97

Established Member
I haven't had any of those problems since my update. Actually the one big problem I did have is once I updated to ios8 my music became unreadable to my pioneer double din in my cobra. I sspoke to apple and pionner about this and they are aware of it. Never did fix it though and the car is in storage now.

I have replaced batteries on a bunch of iphones...Real easy. just one screw inside holding the battery down.

GodStang

Established Member
Some iPhone 5 had a recall on batteries. I lucked out and they replaced mine for free in an hour back in October.

Also does it matter if you are texting someone with an Apple Product or another product?

20redfire03

Established Member
Well my issues with imessaging fixed itself. Battery is still crap. Debating on changing the battery still. And mines outside the window. I know where I sit at work kills it fast but part of it is Apple and their wonderful updates.

GodStang

Established Member

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Well my issues with imessaging fixed itself. Battery is still crap. Debating on changing the battery still. And mines outside the window. I know where I sit at work kills it fast but part of it is Apple and their wonderful updates.

This is why I stopped updating my software devices. I remember an update that pretty much bricked my droid, the battery life was already terrible so I don't know if it actually got worse.

I won't be doing the ios8 update until I get a new phone.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I updated my 5s with the latest update and now my rocketfish car charger that came with my phone doesnt charge it any more. It has power but wont charge it. This has happened before but with cheap knock off cables

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The battery life on my iPhone 5 was HORRIBLE as well. I can't put my finger on exactly when it started, in part because it was always pretty poor, but it got to the point where by 10am I was down to 30-40% with moderate usage. I'm in the field all day and most of my communication is done via email/text. It was so bad that I was always carrying a charger with me and plugging in anywhere and everywhere I could. I ended up getting a Mophie charger case to solve the problem, as mine also wasn't covered under the replacement program.

Last Sunday I got my first non-iPhone since 2007. No regrets so far and I'm at 50% or so at the end of the day.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
I'm not sure. Have you checked some of your settings? It should help out a little if your phone's brightness isn't too high, bluetooth is off and if you close the apps you don't use.

20redfire03

Established Member
I've done all the battery saving measures. brightness, pushing, and all that. Where i sit at work sucks, under all the usage stats it says low signal. But i really dont think my battery is that bad because just a few weekends ago it lasted 25 hours standby with 5-6 hours usage. but that was right after a reset, which didnt have the same results when i tried it again. I'm hoping verizon brings unlimited back to match sprint/att or whoever has unlimited again and then ill get a 6. till then its suffer and keep a cord on me.

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
i finally updated my 5 this week... picked up an HTC.

the power button quit working, after the last 7.whatever update. when the battery dipped below 40% it would just shut off. try to cut it on and get nothing. plug it in and BANG! 40% battery. trying to text was almost a joke sometimes, took forever to send anything. cell reception was crap!

i compared my phone to several others, both iOS and Android, all on the same network, same place, same time, etc. iPhone never won.

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
Sounds like you should do the Samsung Galaxy fix.

1. Toss the iPhone in the garbage.

2. Get a Note 4 or a Galaxy S5

3. Profit.

Users who are viewing this thread