is a 93 w/ 9k miles worth $25k?

TFStang

Established Member
I have been offed close to 25000.00 for my Black Cobra and it has 19000 miles.

I call :bs: on that one. Unless the person who offered you the $25K is a complete moron, he or she would know that you can find one with those miles for $10K less all day.

One just sold in my neck of the woods with 19,000 miles for under $13K.

Those that have them can say what they want, but truth be told, no one is paying $25K for a 93 Cobra with 19,000 miles.

However, on the slim chance someone did offer you that...you should have been all over it like a fly on sh!+.

Speedfreek

Established Member
I call :bs: on that one. Unless the person who offered you the $25K is a complete moron, he or she would know that you can find one with those miles for $10K less all day.

I bet it was no where near the car Russell has. Show me a mint car with 19k miles on it for 10k or less since you can find them all day long for that. I will take one of each color.

Black306

Established Member
Last edited:

Black306

Established Member

Speedfreek

Established Member
I'm calling :bs: on that one, or someone needed cash BAD! Show me where you can get a ~19k mile '93 Cobra, stock, not salvaged, damaged or rusted to hell for ~$13k, and I'll show up with cash.

Watch it now I was first in line for these deals he say's he can get.:lol: Maybe we should start a list since he can find them all day long as he put it.

Speedfreek

Established Member

TFStang

Established Member
I bet it was no where near the car Russell has. Show me a mint car with 19k miles on it for 10k or less since you can find them all day long for that. I will take one of each color.

Please re read my post. I didn't say $10K or less, I said $10K LESS than
$25K, which for the mathmatically challenged comes out to $15K.

And yes I can find low mileage MINT 93 Cobras all day long for under $15K. Put your monwy where your mouth is and sign a purchase contract for one in every color, and I will make it happen.

TFStang

Established Member

Speedfreek

Established Member
Please re read my post. I didn't say $10K or less, I said $10K LESS than
$25K, which for the mathmatically challenged comes out to $15K.

And yes I can find low mileage MINT 93 Cobras all day long for under $15K. Put your monwy where your mouth is and sign a purchase contract for one in every color, and I will make it happen.

Show me. I will put my money where my mouth is obviously you don't know me. I want to see a MINT (if you understand the term) ALL ORIGINAL under 19k mile car for under 15k. Matter of fact you said 13k in a post earlier. And the definition of MINT is an all original car down to the tires (should have original tires if it is a mint unabused car) no paint work or damage ever, no swirls in the paint or chips in the paint, perfectly clean under carrage, no problems what so ever past or present and all documentation. And I am sure BLACK306 will show up with cash as well when you find these deals.

Last edited:

russell333

Established Member

Those that have them can say what they want, but truth be told, no one is paying $25K for a 93 Cobra with 19,000 miles.

However, on the slim chance someone did offer you that...you should have been all over it like a fly on sh!+.
I am not taking this as an insult but at Mustang week my car out of 200 or more was top original low mileage car. It still has the plastic on the floor mats and seats. Take your 10k and stick it!:bash:

Speedfreek

Established Member
I am not taking this as an insult but at Mustang week my car out of 200 or more was top original low mileage car. It still has the plastic on the floor mats and seats. Take your 10k and stick it!:bash:

That is what I am getting at he is saying mint like yours but he doesn't reallize how MINT yours is. Heck it is as MINT as my 6 and 8k mile car. If he can find me MINT ones like yours for less than 15k I want them especially a black one.

russell333

Established Member
Brandon, I agree most of the stuff out there has been wrecked,painted or modified in some way and that really reduces the price. I know I have looked at several. Its a shame people at shows try to find something wrong with your car especially asking me who painted the car in which we know no one.Watch Barrett-Jackson stock is thr best along with documentation.

Black306

Established Member
Show me. I will put my money where my mouth is obviously you don't know me. I want to see a MINT (if you understand the term) ALL ORIGINAL under 19k mile car for under 15k. Matter of fact you said 13k in a post earlier. And the definition of MINT is an all original car down to the tires (should have original tires if it is a mint unabused car) no paint work or damage ever, no swirls in the paint or chips in the paint, perfectly clean under carrage, no problems what so ever past or present and all documentation. And I am sure BLACK306 will show up with cash as well when you find these deals.

Definitely. MINT <19k mile original Cobra for under $15k is too good to hold. That would be an investment. I sold my 89k mile black on gray leather for $12k earlier this year. Although clean, obviously not mint. I could make a few bucks on a mint $15k car.

TFStang

Established Member

Who said anything about $10K?? Anyone around here know how to read?

TFStang

Established Member

I have found and currently know of a low mile (under 20K) Cobra for under $15K. The car you described above is one that has not even been driven. Any car that has been driven for nearly 20K miles is going to have some of the imperfections you described above, I don't care what you say. I'm sure if I told you about one that I know is for sale currently, you would find issues with it, even though to the rest of the world it is a MINT example of an original Cobra down to the worn out tires (yes 15 year old tires with 19K or so miles are worn out).

5100 units (including the R) is not that rare. 00 Cobra R's are going for high 30's right now. Why would anyone spend $25K on a 93 when they can get a real purpose built race car for mid $30's with little to no miles?

You can get a 95 Cobra R for less than $25K with under 10K miles.

Glad to see you have such pride in your ride, but its still just a 93 Cobra.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
5100 units (including the R) is not that rare. 00 Cobra R's are going for high 30's right now. Why would anyone spend $25K on a 93 when they can get a real purpose built race car for mid $30's with little to no miles?
You must live in a different world than the rest of us. 5100 units isn't exactly rare, but it's far more rare than the 150,000 regular units built that year.

And 00 cobra R's aren't going for mid or high 30's right now. A couple years ago maybe, but not right now. Especially with "little to no miles". They're solidly in the mid 40's. You may see one with high miles (compared with the average) go for less than $40k but it definitely isn't the norm.

You seem to price things based on your opinion, or what you feel they're worth, but the reality is they're valued more than that. And seeing one for sale at a certain price doesn't set the market for the rest. You have yet to provide an example of one at the prices you're suggesting. Honestly I think you're just trying to stir the pot.

Last edited:

Speedfreek

Established Member
You are not listening you said just like Russells car. Russells car is as new as a showroom car. Obviously you have never seen a mint car. Yes it has been driven but you will not find a nicer one. It has no swirls in the black paint as clean as new underneath and on the original tires. Still has the original plastics in the floor. Cars can be kept that MINT and get driven. I bet you the one you have found isn't in the same class as his. If it is I want it for under 15k.

Users who are viewing this thread