Is a low 11 second Mustang considered fast anymore?

germeezy1

Established Member
in the youtube era of TX2K the perception of power is so skewed its retarded.

in reality a high 13sec is "fast" on the street. my father in law thinks my stock SHO is a "rocketship", and in my 5.slow i can flat out scare him, he thinks its far to fast. and its a low 12sec@117 at best….slow in the interwebz universe.

and he's owned some cool cars. 68 XR7, 68 GTO, BB Camaro, 454 chevelle. he's say my 5.0 is the fastest thing he's ever been in.

so an 11sec ANYTHING is fast.

Your SHO is a turd.....the only car it scared was my 300C....barely.....now your GT....and its driver....sexy beast status.....

To the average person low 11s is fast....it depends on your frame of reference. I have a disease where everything feels slow to me after time.

Kiohtee

Established Member
My bolt-on '97 Cobra with 4.10s was considered a rocket by my coworkers. Never even had anyone ask for a race once I started giving rides. :lol:

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
My bolt-on '97 Cobra with 4.10s was considered a rocket by my coworkers. Never even had anyone ask for a race once I started giving rides. :lol:

In reality your bolt-on Cobra is a very fun car to drive. Especially with 4.10's, and even more so with long tube headers.

I love those cars. The 4.10's really do feel great off the line.

Kiohtee

Established Member
In reality your bolt-on Cobra is a very fun car to drive. Especially with 4.10's, and even more so with long tube headers.

I love those cars. The 4.10's really do feel great off the line.

I hated it. I mean it was fun at first, I felt like the shit in it because it was pretty quick and garnered a lot of looks, but then it became the biggest basket case I've ever known. And it had LTs.

Since I've started playing around with bikes, I may never get back into cars as a serious hobby. But something more fun than a automatic 2000 Civic sounds appealing. :lol:

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
I hated it. I mean it was fun at first, I felt like the shit in it because it was pretty quick and garnered a lot of looks, but then it became the biggest basket case I've ever known. And it had LTs.

Since I've started playing around with bikes, I may never get back into cars as a serious hobby. But something more fun than a automatic 2000 Civic sounds appealing. :lol:

Well I understand car problems...the 94-95 computer. Goodness the dyno tune alone was expensive enough. Especially when you have to go back twice LOL. I've put so much money in my car it's not even funny. For what it cost for my car to make 400hp N/A I could have bought an 03-04 cobra or C6 corvette instead. I probably should have, but I like tooling around with my car.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Well I understand car problems...the 94-95 computer. Goodness the dyno tune alone was expensive enough. Especially when you have to go back twice LOL. I've put so much money in my car it's not even funny. For what it cost for my car to make 400hp N/A I could have bought an 03-04 cobra or C6 corvette instead. I probably should have, but I like tooling around with my car.

I understand completely! Different strokes for different folks. And when the day comes that I get my ass handed to me by something with four or more wheels, on my bike, I'll be the first with a big ass grin across my face waiting to shake the person's hand! :beer:

I'll still stick to my $4-6K bikes though. :banana:

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
If you're trying to beat alot of those ricer guys, yes. Otherwise, not really. I think it's more so looked as acceptable to those in the car enthusiast community

Explosive

Established Member
If you can run 11s on the street its damn fast. Hell by me putting 13s on the street will fend of pretty everything. 11s on the street would blow doors off

B746

Resident Logician
Established Member
If you can run 11s on the street its damn fast. Hell by me putting 13s on the street will fend of pretty everything. 11s on the street would blow doors off
This. Not sure what streets some of ya'll are driving on lol

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Any newer 2005+ car is going to take a lot of money to run 900+ horsepower. So I guess in TX - there are a lot of rich folks. Either that or people driving old foxbody cars with a 10-15 in it.

Well, there is a lot of people here with money for sure but that isn't it entirely. A big part of it we have nearly year round racing weather here, tons of space for racing and a several car meets every night of the week and many tracks both 1/8th and 1/4 mile all over. We also have some of the fastest street car events here between Tx2k, Texas Mile and the Texas Invitational. Cars is part of the culture here in Texas.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
I'll answer this in two ways. lol

1) Yes, it's pretty fast driving around on the street around non-hobby people.

2) However, when it comes down to going to GTG's/meets, it depends on where you live. Here in Texas, an 11 second Stang isn't even remotely competitive with the "fast" crowd. Hell, an 11 second Stang can't even be a camera car for the "fast" cars to film them racing. lol.

Here in Texas, when you go to gtg's and meets, if you aren't making 900rw+ you don't have a chance. The damn ricers here make good power too. lol.

This!

Texas is just hardcore...deal with it!

Riptide

Established Member
Lots of tracks and good weather doesnt pay for race cars. They have money. Or they live in trailers with built cars parked on the lawn. :)

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I'll answer this in two ways. lol

1) Yes, it's pretty fast driving around on the street around non-hobby people.

2) However, when it comes down to going to GTG's/meets, it depends on where you live. Here in Texas, an 11 second Stang isn't even remotely competitive with the "fast" crowd. Hell, an 11 second Stang can't even be a camera car for the "fast" cars to film them racing. lol.

Here in Texas, when you go to gtg's and meets, if you aren't making 900rw+ you don't have a chance. The damn ricers here make good power too. lol.

What's GTG stand for? :shrug:

stroked mach

Established Member
I know where I live at (a small ass town ) a 11 sec car is not that fast but then again I have held my own around her with a 11.3x car lol but their is some bad ass street cars in the other towns around me but we do host the largest cruise in within a few states and have a big car scene considering, with all the people I run with I have one of the slowest cars but come next year hope to go mid 10s but still will be slow and when I tell people I just laid down 336hp on motor and 464 on spray they think its a turd but with a best of 11.90 on motor and 11.3x on spray with a shi..y clutch

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
there is a vid on youtube of farm truck runnin a 10.7 @ 125 mph. makes me feel slow :nonono: just modded the hell out of my camaro though and will be at the track every month next year until i get in to the 9's....

Last edited:

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
Around here is more 5sec 1/8 mile streetable race cars than 11sec 1/4 mile street cars. Everyone's opinion will vary but 11's is damn quick for a N/A stock appearing,nicely optioned street car! Some folks will say a gutted car or truck with manual everything and no a/c is a street car but not to me... maybe 25-30 years ago.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Around here is more 5sec 1/8 mile streetable race cars than 11sec 1/4 mile street cars. Everyone's opinion will vary but 11's is damn quick for a N/A stock appearing,nicely optioned street car! Some folks will say a gutted car or truck with manual everything and no a/c is a street car but not to me... maybe 25-30 years ago.
MANY 5 second 1/8th street cars? Doubt it~:lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread