Is a low 11 second Mustang considered fast anymore?

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
IMO, if it is NA I would consider it fast.
The c6z comes to mind, forget blown cars running 12s, the c6z has been THE King since day 1. :pop:

But the topic is about Mustangs. I really hope in the next 5 years stock GT's are running high 11s. Mach 1/Boss is mid 11s and the High end SVT/GT500 SOLID 10s.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Outside of the forums, hell yeah! Not many cars you run into on the street can do that. On here its like dime-a-dozen, but it's still plenty fast and respectable.

oneslo5.0

Established Member
I enjoy my 11 second weekend warrior, but the 8-9-10 second STREET car's make me want to go faster.

Blower will help me break my motor, then I will go built motor and give it hell.

Elwood617

Established Member
It seems like the 11 sec mark is respectable, but nothing earth shattering. I say this as a mid-11 sec driver. I just did a manual shootout, and to be an also ran in the class, you needed a solid 10 sec car. I was way out of my league :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think an 11 second street car/weekend car (theres that whole deal, lets not go there) is pretty damned quick.

its easy to get caught up on the boards where it seems like everyones knocking down the door to a 9 second pass but go to the local track any given night and watch what the majority of the world runs...11s is still a pretty stout ride

I totally agree! 100%!

HandBanana

Established Member
any street car pulling better then a 12.5 is impressive

^This. Many people with 11 and even 10 second capable cars still can't actually put them there. I'd say the average time you see at a local dragstrip during a test & tune event is a mid 12. Making an 11 second car fast.

Really?

8 second street cars are impressive, 9 second cars are awesome, 10 second cars sick, 11 second cars are cool, 12 second cars are stock.

:rollseyes

Last edited:

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Really?

8 second street cars are impressive, 9 second cars are awesome, 10 second cars sick, 11 second cars are cool, 12 second cars are stock.

You honestly won't run into many cars on a daily basis that can hit mid 12's. Some cars are capable but the drivers arent. Even bolt-on/crammed LS1's, pulled cobra's, bolt-on 5.0's, bolt-on vettes, supercharged 2v's, etc. are all more than capable of busting out 11's, but not everyone can do that. I don't consider 12.5 entry level for most cars. Stock 5.0's aren't going to do that with a typical owner. IDC who you are, not everyone can drive their car at a stop light or at the track. I've seen countless C6's bust out mid 13's. The guy who bought my H/C/I/n2o C5 Z was running mid 13's at 117 on motor. I went 11.8 at 122 on motor with street tires.

Not everyone that has a 12.5 capable car can run it.

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Really?

No.

I think the OP should clarify the question. A true 11-12 second DD is fast, period.

If its a car you only bring out to street race or track race I can see some thinking its not really fast.

oneslo5.0

Established Member
You honestly won't run into many cars on a daily basis that can hit mid 12's. Some cars are capable but the drivers arent. Even bolt-on/crammed LS1's, pulled cobra's, bolt-on 5.0's, bolt-on vettes, supercharged 2v's, etc. are all more than capable of busting out 11's, but not everyone can do that. I don't consider 12.5 entry level for most cars. Stock 5.0's aren't going to do that with a typical owner. IDC who you are, not everyone can drive their car at a stop light or at the track. I've seen countless C6's bust out mid 13's. The guy who bought my H/C/I/n2o C5 Z was running mid 13's at 117 on motor. I went 11.8 at 122 on motor with street tires.

Not everyone that has a 12.5 capable car can run it.
This I agree with.

But I made the statement from my view point, my friends have gone 8-12's and still see street duty more then track duty. In my area, with my friends a 12.50 car will be racing the tow trucks. Hell, most diesels are going 12.4-70 around here lol

oneslo5.0

Established Member
No.

I think the OP should clarify the question. A true 11-12 second DD is fast, period.

If its a car you only bring out to street race or track race I can see some thinking its not really fast.
Point taken, a 11 second TRUE DD is impressive.

A daily driven car is different then a street car IMO.

Back on topic from my de-railing.

Elwood617

Established Member
^This. Many people with 11 and even 10 second capable cars still can't actually put them there. I'd say the average time you see at a local dragstrip during a test & tune event is a mid 12. Making an 11 second car fast.

:rollseyes

This such a true statement!

FX4ALL

Established Member
I think my car is slow. ..but for the majority of people who have ridden in her, she's the fastest car they've ever been in. So, IMHO for the majority of people out there an 11 second car is pucker their asshole fast.

At the local tracks TnT nights she's nothing special, but would probably beat more then half the cars there.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
I can tell you this, definitely varies from state to state. When you live in the southern states and you have road for miles you can have more power. Does that mean you 11" driver maybe, maybe not, that really depends on your dig skills/car.

Users who are viewing this thread