is it a good start...

Casper cobra

Established Member
my bro has '13 GT500 Shelby that used only in weekend. he is planing to start the mods stage and currently his eyes on
CF JLT big air intake
Tune
LT 1 7/8 headers + off road xpipe ( not yet decide which one to go with ARH / Kooks)
10 % lower balancer.

any recommendation are most welcome.

Van@RevanRacing

Intake and tune and throttle body. He needs a larger throttle and I recommend Ford Racing Dual 65MM

OEM TB becomes a restriction with lower 10% OD

I prefer American Racing Long Tube headers and that is what I carry in stock.

Van

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
If a throttle body is recommended / needed, might I suggest the FRPP mono-blade.
Cobra Jet twin 65mm flows 1517 cfm, available @ $ 619.00
Cobra Jet mono-blade flows 1797 cfm, available @ $ 610.68.....the mono-blade will likely be the last throttle body you'll ever buy.
6April2012JDMtrip005.jpg

MNCobra

Established Member
Alibi any issues with your mono blade? meaning who's tune you running? what are the gains? pros vrs cons?

Van@RevanRacing

I would not recommend the OVAL Cobra Jet at this time.

1. it makes about 10 - 15 more rear wheel horsepower and your "butt dyno" wont' know the difference.

2. the last two oval's I sold I forewarned the customer of "mechanical" problems with these throttles. Both were bad.

When the oval works it's just as good as a dual 65 and adds a little more power but it could have some problems as well.

Casper cobra

Established Member
+1 for the ARH and sure will add the TB to the list.
but which one is good with zero drivability and tuning issue's, FR 65mm / VMP 67mm / FR mono blade...

mds370

Established Member
throttle body, tune , CAI and 3.73s.. then some drag radials

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Alibi any issues with your mono blade? meaning who's tune you running? what are the gains? pros vrs cons?
No issues with the mono-blade, running a JDM custom tune. The oval drives just a nicely as the twin 65, which I used to run......
....................( both are mfg. by Accufab ).....( have driven 2876 miles since the mono install )
May have picked up 15 - 20 hp over the twin 65.
Currently working up a list of mods for my 14, a mono-blade is on the list. Have already ordered a 140mm MAF & it's companion air tube.

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

regardless the cost, what do you recommend the upper / lower pulley to add boost.

Depends on how you intend to use the car.

If it's a street brawler and occasional drag strip racer, OD lower.

Open Track, HPDE Events, Upper Pulley.

The OD Lower provides more torque and you really don't need all of that torque exiting a turn on a road course.

Users who are viewing this thread