Is Mihovetz still campaigning the 4.6?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Heard amazing things about kevin! I still wont run e85 on a non daily driven car lol.

Indeed. I'd like to pick people's brain on this topic. Everyone has their reasons and that's fine. I personally have run e70 and e85 the last two years without one single problem.

In my opinion the pros outweigh any cons. Then again I can't think of any cons, lol.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
And Jason’s 4.0L on a 4.6L with GT Heads:

View attachment 1454588

View attachment 1454591
Is that a powerglide hanging off the back?
My brother makes 1000hp on a 100% stock longblock 4.6 but with a single BW 75mm T4 turbo.
We both run E85. Fore doesn't like the Walbro pumps to sit in E85 for extended periods, but we must have clean E85 here, non of us have issues.
It's nice paying $2/gal for race fuel.
If you're staying with 109, I still say max out a Gen3 2.9 on your 4.6. CNC your stock heads prob money ahead over GT castings.
-J

GodStang

Established Member
Not sure I just know he is auto. I have been on Walboros since 2012 and E85. It sat for 2 years fired right up. Say for another 6 months and fired right up. Zero E85 issues.

With my 3.6LC and Pulleyed for somewhere around 32psi I really think my stock heads are a restriction. I want to do heads but not sure if I want to be different and go Stage III GT500 heads or just normal Cobra heads. Ditch my Crower III and go custom. This engine was built back in the day when the 2.2L was king.

Is that a powerglide hanging off the back?
My brother makes 1000hp on a 100% stock longblock 4.6 but with a single BW 75mm T4 turbo.
We both run E85. Fore doesn't like the Walbro pumps to sit in E85 for extended periods, but we must have clean E85 here, non of us have issues.
It's nice paying $2/gal for race fuel.
If you're staying with 109, I still say max out a Gen3 2.9 on your 4.6. CNC your stock heads prob money ahead over GT castings.
-J

01yellercobra

Established Member
My tuner Kevin aka 04sleeper recommends it. :)

And I'll keep paying 1.79 per gallon, what's that ms109 cost?
Do you store it with E85 in the tank or do you swap to pump gas before hand?

I don't know how you guys put such low miles on your cars. I've put over 10k on mine since I bought it in 2015.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

MG0h3

Established Member
I don’t have to really store my car due to weather down here but I just let mine sit for 3 months. Filled it up and put some stabil in there. No problems.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

I don't know how you guys put such low miles on your cars. I've put over 10k on mine since I bought it in 2015.

I store mine with pure 91 that has zero ethanol in it.

I feel like I drive mine a lot. Or I take it out quite a bit, just don't log enough miles for my liking.

GodStang

Established Member

Store it with E85 (Measures E90ish)

stangfreak

Established Member
Indeed. I'd like to pick people's brain on this topic. Everyone has their reasons and that's fine. I personally have run e70 and e85 the last two years without one single problem.

In my opinion the pros outweigh any cons. Then again I can't think of any cons, lol.

When I was doing the fuel system, I asked Justin fro fore about the e85. He told me not to store the e85 in my tank for a while. If the car will sit, drain the e85. He then told me if the car is always in use it will be fine.

I then contacted vp fuel. Spoke to them about c85. Which has additives in it to stabilize the ethanol. If that is the right word to use. Vp tech told me two months tops in the fuel tank. Even the tech over at injector dynamic said the same thing. Joey the tuner at mustang magic said what the others have said.

I'm just repeating what they told me. I'm sure my car would run like an animal with e85.

Would I like to run e85. Sure. Do people leave it in there car for a long period of time. Yea. My luck? Something will get messed up. I'm not going to drain my tank, play around with the ethanol tester swap tunes back and fourth.

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member

Well I got into big big trouble the first three years of owning the car. That's all I will say about that.

And I run the parts dept side of the fifth largest Mack truck dealership in the country. I have no time to drive this car anymore. My job is so insanely ridiculous that I can walk into any car dealership and fire the whole parts department and run it myself. That's a walk in the park. it will be vacation for me.

gt347mustang

Established Member
my job is so insanely ridiculous that I can walk into any car dealership and fire thef whole parts department and run it myself. That's a walk in the park. it will be vacation for me.

Man, how can we become as cool as you!?! You must be super super super cool!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
When I was doing the fuel system, I asked Justin fro fore about the e85. He told me not to store the e85 in my tank for a while. If the car will sit, drain the e85. He then told me if the car is always in use it will be fine.

I then contacted vp fuel. Spoke to them about c85. Which has additives in it to stabilize the ethanol. If that is the right word to use. Vp tech told me two months tops in the fuel tank. Even the tech over at injector dynamic said the same thing. Joey the tuner at mustang magic said what the others have said.

I'm just repeating what they told me. I'm sure my car would run like an animal with e85.

Would I like to run e85. Sure. Do people leave it in there car for a long period of time. Yea. My luck? Something will get messed up. I'm not going to drain my tank, play around with the ethanol tester swap tunes back and fourth.

Gotcha. I forgot to mention it, but I also use Lucas enthanol treatment in every vp racing jug that has enthanol in it.

bigmoose

Established Member
Nothing but e85 for the past two years. I store it 6 months with e85 over the winter. Zero issues. I do add Lucas e85 treatment to every tank though.

stangfreak

Established Member
Gotcha. I forgot to mention it, but I also use Lucas enthanol treatment in every vp racing jug that has enthanol in it.

Does that additive effect the tune? That is something to consider. I need to look that up

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Thats bizarre with all the E85 scare.....no issues here been running it for 6 yrs now, about 1,000 miles per year. No additives to the ethanol. Just straight pump E85. The fuel pumps are 9 year old ford gt supercar pumps that are the early version and are not ethanol rated! Lol. They still work great. Drove the car two days ago. The plugs and fuel filter look essentially brand new every time I've changed them year end....for 6 years straight. Presteen looking, like unused. I have all six sets still in my garage to amaze the natives.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Thats bizarre with all the E85 scare.....no issues here been running it for 6 yrs now, about 1,000 miles per year. No additives to the ethanol. Just straight pump E85. The fuel pumps are 9 year old ford gt supercar pumps that are the early version and are not ethanol rated! Lol. They still work great. Drove the car two days ago. The plugs and fuel filter look essentially brand new every time I've changed them year end....for 6 years straight. Presteen looking, like unused. I have all six sets still in my garage to amaze the natives.
I wonder if the difference is the winter temps?

stangfreak

Established Member

Thats positive to hear! so you just use straight pump e85?

Rambro

Established Member
Going on three years now on pump E75 and all I do is fill it up for winter storage. No problems so far. Nice to see the
Mod motor stuff still holding its own. Who are the more trusted places to send 4 valve heads to for work. Just dont know if i trust anyone locally to do them.

Users who are viewing this thread